KEmum

Earning My Ears
Hey Friends!

No cruise meet & greet has been started yet for this sailing so I’ll be the first to say hello! I’m beyond excited for this cruise as we are travelling with the whole family, a mix of CC and newbies.

What are you most looking forward to?

Well, 394 days until our cruise! Is anyone else already counting down? We're planning on hitting up Disneyland and Universal ahead of the sailing.

Counting down to the cruise is keeping me sane in the midst of all of this!

Hi KEmum :wave2:.
I’m super excited for this cruise too! A friend and I have decided to do a girls only vacation. Our families had to cancel our big European cruise (not Disney) this October, and we needed something to look forward to in the future and this was perfect! This will be my 5th Disney cruise, and will be Gold after that! I’m most looking forward to the Disney atmosphere of the cruise, that’s what I miss! We will arrive in San Diego the day before and see the sights. When the cruise ends in Vancouver, it will be a short jaunt home to Edmonton, Alberta.

Toy Story Fan,

I hear you! We had to cancel all our plans for this year and counting down to this trip is keeping me sane.

We are going with the entire family to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It will be our 4th but my brother and his family's first. I can't wait to share the Disney Cruise experience with them.

Have you been on the Wonder before? This will be our second time on the Wonder, but first since the refurb. I can't wait to see the renovated Cove Cafe and the French Quarter lounge! As a family we've decided to taste test beignets - Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express, Mint Julep Bar and then Tiana's.

What part of the atmosphere are you most looking forward to?

The Wonder was our very first cruise that went to Mexico in 2011. We then were on the Fantasy followed by the Magic on east and west coast Caribbean sailings. Our last cruise was on the Magic from Dover, England to New York, NY on a transatlantic in 2018. That was my absolute favourite cruise! I’m looking forward to being on the Wonder again!

I agree with you! Having something planned for next year is keeping me sane as well!! Not going to Europe this year is quite disappointing, but we will plan again in a year or two.

The atmosphere I’m talking about is a mixture of things that I will try to describe...
-pulling up at the Port and seeing the Disney ship (I don’t even notice the other ships) 🤣
-the moment you walk on the ship and your name is announced
-seeing all the smiling faces clapping and greeting you onboard
-when you go to dinner and having the same servers every night, they call you by name, pull your seat out, and after the first night, have your drink waiting.
-different dining rooms with magical themes
-every person you walk past says hello
-the Disney music playing
-the fabulous art displayed throughout the ship
-the hidden Mickey heads
-the blowing of the horn everyday (love it)
-everybody just seems so much friendlier
-no need to dress up for dinner (casual is my thing) 🙂
-the Christmas decorations (3 out of 4 cruises were at Christmas time)
-my absolute, all time, favourite thing to watch are the little ones seeing Disney characters for the first time and the pure delight and awe on their little faces!
Oh, I could go on and on!

My kids are adults, but I still want to go on Disney cruises!

I have to do some catching up and read about all the refurbs! I don’t know what Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express or the Mint Julep Bar is!! We did enjoy Rapunzel’s Royal Table on the Magic and can’t wait to try Tiana’s place on the Wonder!

Your mom is so lucky to celebrate her birthday on-board with her family! I bet your brother and his family will have a blast and be hooked on cruising Disney in the future.

The West Coast cruises are our shortest travel times. Do you have a long way to travel?

We're in the Greater Vancouver area, so heading down to California is so fast and affordable. Both Ralph Brennan and the French Market are at Disneyland.

Your list was perfect! I also love the Tinkerbell chimes before an announcement. I can't wait to share the magic with the family. I am sure that when my kids are adults I also will still want to sail with DCL.

That makes sense they are in Disneyland and not on the Wonder!! I was just there last September, but I still don’t know about them 🤣.

I grew up in B.C., Vancouver area and then up north. My adult life has been in Edmonton. Small world, right?

Oh yes, I forgot the chimes!

We decided to move our trip back! We're now on the 5 night Fantasy Double-Dip in November. It was nice meeting you Toy Story Fan, have a wonder-ful trip!

Hi KEmum :wave2:.
I’m super excited for this cruise too! A friend and I have decided to do a girls only vacation. Our families had to cancel our big European cruise (not Disney) this October, and we needed something to look forward to in the future and this was perfect! This will be my 5th Disney cruise, and will be Gold after that! I’m most looking forward to the Disney atmosphere of the cruise, that’s what I miss! We will arrive in San Diego the day before and see the sights. When the cruise ends in Vancouver, it will be a short jaunt home to Edmonton, Alberta.
Hello Toy Story Fan, I am also doing a girls only trip with my friend. She has never cruised with Disney so I thought this would be a great first! I’m looking forward to visiting Victoria again as well as Vancouver! Keeping our fingers crossed that we have no more delays or cancellations🤞

Hi Dale Dean! Glad you‘re joining us! Fingers crossed all is well to sail next May! I have since convinced my sister to join us as well. She has never cruised and I can’t wait for her to experience Disney! We were in Vancouver and Victoria last Sept/Oct, but still excited!

A little early for a Weather Report, but...

My wife is concerned that it will be too cold in May and that we won't be able to enjoy the deck or the pool. Is this right? Anyone that's sailed this itinerary at this time of year before able to help us understand what to expect?

We booked it with some friends, but she is leaning towards canceling and rebooking in the Caribbean or somewhere warmer... Would you suggest keeping this cruise?

Although we have not done this itinerary before, we know San Diego will be beautiful and heading up the coast could be cooler weather. We’ve been in the Banff/ Calgary area before in mid May and it was absolutely beautiful. Just so looking forward to getting away and on a cruise again, we will embrace whatever temperatures we encounter! I know that doesn’t answer your question though.

So disappointed but not surprised this Cruise was cancelled. The first time I was able to get into a royal concierge suite😢. Hopefully I will someday get another chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter