Woo Hoo BOARDWALK VIEW!!! requests? UPDATE gave up BWV

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
YES!!! 7 month window success!!! :woohoo:

This will be our first time in a two bedroom boardwalk view. So..what's the best thing to request? I'd really love a great view of Crescent Lake more than the boardwalk itself. I'm thinking away from Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance might be a good idea too. So what do you suggest I request???

Thanks everyone for the insights!!! But... we had to change our travel dates and lost the boardwalk view. Instead we are doing a Kidani/BCV split stay..yayyy!! first time for us at BCV!! can't wait! :woohoo:

I would definitely recommend that you ask for upper floor preferably near the lifts, sorry I mean the elevators.

The reasons being that the upper floor rooms tend to have more open balconies, give a more elevated view (for both Crescent Lake, Illuminations, BC/YC etc), further away from noise of Boardwalk and corridor is extremely long.

We requested the above for our 9 night reservation in August. Ended up in 2nd floor studio over shop with very enclosed balcony with 4ft high solid walls and shop signage that obscured view to both sides. Thankfully they managed to relocate us on the third day to fourth floor studio.

Most of the 2 bedrooms are on the end near Jellyrolls. Those rooms actually have better views. I always request top floor, my biggest fear is getting one of those first floor rooms right on the boardwalk, the former sales models. I usually end up with 3 or 4, the only time I got 5 was the Village Green corner room.

There are some rooms with GIGANTIC balconies. I think these rooms are in limited supply, as that is what I recall hearing when I posted photos to this board during our trip last year. I never would have thought I big balcony would have been that big of a deal, but it really was nice.

We were in room 3053. Check out this photo of my son on the balcony:

5981348790_fbda6c8680.jpg

There are some rooms with GIGANTIC balconies. I think these rooms are in limited supply, as that is what I recall hearing when I posted photos to this board during our trip last year. I never would have thought I big balcony would have been that big of a deal, but it really was nice.

We were in room 3053. Check out this photo of my son on the balcony:

5981348790_fbda6c8680.jpg

Was that considered boardwalk or preferred view?

3053 is a pool/ garden studio overlooking Village Green. It does have an angled view of the BW.

Really considering requesting a Boardwalk view for our next trip...my 50th birthday! Just having trouble justifying the extra points needed over the standard room. OK, I'm cheap...but it does seem like an awful special view!:3dglasses

We asked for high floor, far from elevator and we got an awesome 4th floor room just over Big River Grill. We loved our view and enjoyed the fireworks in the evening, those nights we were back in our villa.

I had to move our dates and had to give up the boardwalk view :(

My husband can't take vacation until Tues 6/18.... so now it's 6/18-6/23 rather than 6/15-6/20

I switched us to Kidani. I'm waitlisted for boardwalk but in a standard view. The change in dates makes us there on Fri and Sat and I don't have enough points for 5 nights boardwalk view. :sad1: My family all want Kidani, but too bad...I'm still hoping for the waitlist!!

Go here to see where the 2BR lock-offs are with boardwalk view (the 2BR lock-offs are the ones in green): http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg. The room you want to avoid is the one on first floor in the Crest of Waves section (section in the right of photo where the DVC Preview Center is). The request you should consider is high floor, Credt of Waves section, i.e., your "thinking away from Jellyrolls" is incorrect thinking. Do not, as suggested above, request close to elevator; that is generally a poor request whenever you have boardwalk view. None of the boardwalk view rooms are actually close to the elevator but the only 2BRs that could actually comply with that reuest are the 2BRs on the second floor above the Screen Door and both have the wooden like porches with solid rails so you need to stand on the porch to see over them.

Really considering requesting a Boardwalk view for our next trip...my 50th birthday! Just having trouble justifying the extra points needed over the standard room. OK, I'm cheap...but it does seem like an awful special view!:3dglasses

Yes, well, we tried a BWV once, it was OK, but in the end, I bought BWV for the standard view point value for the great location of the resort.

Please be careful at the Boardwalk with your things as we were one of the rooms burglarized last week. Nothing ruins a vacation then to come back to your villa to find you were cleaned out of all your valuables. The safes are only good for small items so if you plan on bringing laptops ipads medicines, camera;s that don't fit in safe you should bring them down to the desk for safe keeping when you leave your room. Lesson learned and it totally ruined my vacation. Disney is only liable for up to $1000 so make sure your home owners insurance is high enough to cover theft and any intellectual property on thumb drives in the safe at all times when not using. Equipment can be replaced but years of work and family pictures cannot be recovered. Most people think Disney is the safest place on earth, I know i did and learned the hard way. I have been over 30 times and never had a problem but this was major and we were not alone.

The new door locks can easily be opened and the grand villa doors don't always close tight when you think they are latched. I'm hopeful disney will work on this but for your own protection please heed my advice..be vigilant about your security as there is basically nothing Disney can or will do once you have left the room. I'm one of the lucky ones who had insurance but i still lost years of vacation pictures, work documents and had to change all passwords and for an older person whose memory can be tricky this is a challenge. I'm not trying to cause controversy ..just hoping to spare you heart break on what should be a wonderful vacation.

Please be careful at the Boardwalk with your things as we were one of the rooms burglarized last week. Nothing ruins a vacation then to come back to your villa to find you were cleaned out of all your valuables. The safes are only good for small items so if you plan on bringing laptops ipads medicines, camera;s that don't fit in safe you should bring them down to the desk for safe keeping when you leave your room. Lesson learned and it totally ruined my vacation. Disney is only liable for up to $1000 so make sure your home owners insurance is high enough to cover theft and any intellectual property on thumb drives in the safe at all times when not using. Equipment can be replaced but years of work and family pictures cannot be recovered. Most people think Disney is the safest place on earth, I know i did and learned the hard way. I have been over 30 times and never had a problem but this was major and we were not alone.

The new door locks can easily be opened and the grand villa doors don't always close tight when you think they are latched. I'm hopeful disney will work on this but for your own protection please heed my advice..be vigilant about your security as there is basically nothing Disney can or will do once you have left the room. I'm one of the lucky ones who had insurance but i still lost years of vacation pictures, work documents and had to change all passwords and for an older person whose memory can be tricky this is a challenge. I'm not trying to cause controversy ..just hoping to spare you heart break on what should be a wonderful vacation.

I am very sorry to hear about your losses and thank you for the good safety advice. I hope this will not dampen your enjoyment of future Disney vacations.

Stephen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter