Woodfields Florida Foray Day 3

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 3
Well don’t we all know the joys of jetlag – we were all awake from around 3.30am but everyone thought that everyone else was still asleep!!! Anyway DH and I made a secretive cuppa at 5.30, which we took back to bed with us – and a packet of digestives!! We were all up by 7.30 and everyone congregated at 6014 for breakfasts, which we all had out on the screened in patio – (first and last time as it was so cold while we were there) why do they only ever have 4 patio chairs and table when you are supposedly able to have up to 8 sharing the villa? Never mind we made do with a stool from the breakfast area!!
I went up to the Reception to get I-Ride Passes (3-day ones to start off with which were $5 each) – they had gone up slightly since we were in Florida last but still good value for money!! We didn’t bother to get one for MIL as she only rides for 25c each time anyway! I then met the others at the bottom of the drive where there is an I-ride trolley stop (and a Lynx bus stop). It was quite cold today and so we were glad of warm jumpers and fleeces!! We arrived at Seaworld at a reasonable time and DD#1 was able to get her Euros changed to dollars at a really good rate at the entrance!! We all had Orlando 5 park flexitickets, which were great (I purchased these online before we left the UK – we used www.Orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk for the tickets and they arrived by post two days later. I could definitely recommend them.)
First stop was Clyde and Seymour show, which is one of our favourites – especially the mime artist – on our very first visit, years ago we were caught out by him so always make a point of getting to the stadium early so as not to get caught again!! Although we usually know all the moves he is going to make during the 15 minutes its still fun seeing peoples reactions!! After the show we went up to Pacific Pointe where we spent ages feeding the seals (or in MIL’s case - the birds!!!) – I know it sounds really strange but we all thought that Kayla, our black lab looks just like a seal (in a facial way!).
MIL decided she would look after coats etc while we rode Kraken. I found this to be very stressful this year because DD#1 insisted she was ok to ride (she did check with the operators) but I was still bothered to death about it – bearing in mind she had undergone major surgery the month before!!!! All was ok though so all that worrying and stressing was for nothing!!
We spent the day doing various shows and went to see Shamu Rocks America, which was really breathtaking as always. MIL especially was really interested in everything and you could hear her gasp quite often!!!
On leaving Seaworld we caught the I- ride trolley down to the Publix at the bottom end of International Drive where we got provisions and caught another trolley back to Cypress Harbour where we made a really lovely meal.
Late evening saw the arrival of our very good friend Mike who came for a chat and a glass of wine. We met Mike in 1996 on a visit to Florida when we stayed in Kissimmee. Mike was our server in the Ponderosa Steakhouse opposite Old Town and we have remained friends ever since – whenever we go to Florida he always spends a couple of days with us and we always end up having a few meals where ever he is working!! This friendship came into its own in 1999 when DD#2 had a serious ear infection and was unable to fly home at the end of our holiday which meant that due to our insurance policy only one of us could stay with her and so it meant that DH wasn’t quite so stressed knowing he left us in Mikes safe keeping!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter