Woodfields Florida Foray Day 6

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 6
Everyone was up fairly early (considering the girls didn’t get in till gone 2am!) but after breakfast everyone slowed up and so it was gone 11 when we actually managed to make a move! We got a taxi to the Boardwalk where we showed MIL the inside of a couple of the hotels which really took her breath away!! We met up with Mike and after a walk around we found a restaurant where we had a really nice meal together – One thing I really loved about this holiday was how much we all laughed and how much fun we had together – very special! We caught the boat to Epcot which was rather amusing as those of you who have used it know the boat goes past the jetty and then turns round to dock – well the girls couldn’t resist a Royal Wave etc as we passed by which resulted in very red faces when they realised that they would in fact have to pass these people when they disembarked – their faces were a picture!! Mike had come with us on the boat to make the most of the time with us but unfortunately he had work to go to so we had to go our separate ways here!! We decided to walk around the World Showcase - turning right to do France first. MIL was delighted with each ‘country’ and our biggest regret was that the weather was so cold again – we would love to have lingered in the different countries and spent more time but because of the really sneaky wind again we made sure we kept on the move!! The DD's went on the ride in Norway and we all went on the boat ride in Mexico. MIL opted to look after bags etc rather than risk Fast Track but we enjoyed it as always – we had a 15-minute wait for this ride but when we have been before we have been waiting hours!! We persuaded MIL to ride Spaceship Earth – after all it is one of the more sedate rides!! Well it started well and MIL was fine – looking at everything and taking most things in (fairly deaf!!) and then it stopped – well that’s nothing as it has often stopped before when we have been on it – for wheelchairs users etc, so I gave MIL a tight squeeze and said it often does this but it is fine. Well we didn’t budge and time passed by (we were on our descent so tipped slightly backwards going downwards!!) Well MIL got rather flustered as she doesn’t do lifts etc and gets rather claustrophobic so she wasn’t very impressed that it took 30 minutes to start again!!! Well it was straight to the Restrooms as soon as she exited and after a few hugs she calmed down and we made our way to get a table at The Electric Umbrella!! I am so glad we staked our claim so early as due to the weather everyone obviously had the same idea – eat in the warm then stay in the warm till Illumination time!! ‘Illuminations’ was as always, fantastic and MIL really enjoyed it even though it was so cold!! We got a taxi home and after a nice hot cuppa we toddled off to our separate beds!!

Epcot, my favorite park, sorry your MIL got flustered, it can be quite scary thinking you are stuck in a ride, by the way Fi can I borrow your dear MIL to look after our bags and things when we go. :rotfl:

Sue :wave:

I am sure mu MIL would love to come with you and be bag lady!!! Until a few years ago she had never been abroad but we have taken her to quite a few different places now!!!
Are you in North or south wales?
We own a wood in north wales - Denbighshire
We have timeshare in south wales - Laugharne - which is where we are heading for Easter :banana: :banana:

Fi Gosh it's a small world. We visited Laugharne last year.Every year we stay at Saundersfoot for a week.

We live in South Wales in Cardiff, not that far from you really. I was up in Hereford about 2 months ago with my job. Paid a little visit to Hereford market.

Sue :wave:

Maybe we could meet up sometime?

Are you just a Disney addict or are you a Florida addict too?

I am guessing that the Disboards are also an addiction!!

:rotfl2:

I love Epcot :cool1: Sounds like you had a great time with not many big queues either. Bless MIL getting flustered on Spaceship Earth - half hour's a long time to wait, most we've stopped for was 15 minutes but it felt like an ice age!

Anz :earsgirl:

Psst: forgot to mention, we used to live in Barry, then we moved to Porth for a year before moving to London - hubby was born and raised in Cardiff :)

Anz :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter