World of Color Dessert....

BWCSH

Once and Future Disney Tourist
I'm trying to get up to speed after having been off these boards for the last 5 or 6 years. The dessert thing for World of Color...is it located in a spot that makes having seats there advantageous? I had thought about doing the dining thing, but I see that those restaurants aren't anywhere near the show, so you just get a place to stand.

I thought the dessert party might be a fun treat for him...but would really be booking it to make sure he gets to see the show.

My son's school's travel agent is trying to tell me to not book meals because there's no way to know where the kids will be or what they're doing. This confuses me, as he is a choir member, not band, so the school is saying the two days at Disney are wide open.

Based on that and the fact that those meals don't include seating, I'm leaning towards booking him a dessert ticket. Thoughts?

I booked the dessert party on a whim a few hours beforehand last Summer in the park. We went for my son's graduation gift. It was a great experience. We loved having a place to sit, and not have to stand in the large crowds. My son has Autism, so this was a huge perk for us....away from loads of people. The desserts were good, and they even decorated my son's plate to say congratulations. We really enjoyed it, and thought it was worth the splurge!

The dessert party is fabulous. The seating is great. The food is wonderful. If I booked this for my daughter while she was on a school trip, I think she would ditch the party and just do whatever her friends were doing at the time...which probably would be riding rides. Every teen that we have taken has always preferred Fantasmic over WOC, FWIW.

I'm trying to get up to speed after having been off these boards for the last 5 or 6 years. The dessert thing for World of Color...is it located in a spot that makes having seats there advantageous? I had thought about doing the dining thing, but I see that those restaurants aren't anywhere near the show, so you just get a place to stand.

I thought the dessert party might be a fun treat for him...but would really be booking it to make sure he gets to see the show.

My son's school's travel agent is trying to tell me to not book meals because there's no way to know where the kids will be or what they're doing. This confuses me, as he is a choir member, not band, so the school is saying the two days at Disney are wide open.

Based on that and the fact that those meals don't include seating, I'm leaning towards booking him a dessert ticket. Thoughts?
This shoudl help: "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

:wizard:

It's quite special, great view! (Food sucks imho, but the view and having a seat is so amazing we keep going back just for that.) I can see how it would be a weird/awkward experience if you're not with him & he leaves his friends to go do it, in which case I'd say skip it for sure. (Also, sometimes kids aren't supposed to go anywhere alone on those trips, so know the rules inside & out before booking something like this.) However, if you'll be with him go for it!

I agree with folks above! My guess is he’d prefer to just grab QS and not be tied to reservations-especially if his friends aren’t joining him. You know your kiddo best though!

Also in case you weren't aware, parties of 1 or 2 get seated with another group. So if he would be going alone make sure he's comfortable with sharing a table with strangers.

My teens wouldn't want to do the dessert party on their own, they would want to hang with their friends. I'd tell them to grab fast passes and get in line an hour before the show and make a beeline for the section near the water. Take turns going to get food and eat it in line while you are waiting that hour to be let in.

Dessert Party is the only way that I would do WOC. I've done it all ways and it's my favorite.

Honestly? I wouldn't book it. He likely won't want to go without his friends and it would be weird to be sitting at a table with people he doesn't know. I wouldn't do any planning for his trip and let him have fun and go at his pace.

Also in case you weren't aware, parties of 1 or 2 get seated with another group. So if he would be going alone make sure he's comfortable with sharing a table with strangers.
LOL...he would LOVE this! This kid has never met a stranger. Over Christmas he earned money to pay for the trip by playing Santa at family parties for complete strangers...and loved it! Still, I hope he can convince a friend or two to do the desserts, too. As for being worried about him being alone...he is over 6' 1" and weighs about 275. He has been mistaken for being 21 since he was 14. He's been to DLR twice, but both times when he was a kid. He'll do fine with the show regardless of whether he's alone...he just wants to see it because we were there when they were installing it! Thanks to all for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!