World of Color Superthread

Here are some notes on my somewhat recent Carthay Circle WOC dining package. Forgive me though since some things are a bit fuzzy. I should have wrote about it sooner but right after it, I got fairly sick so between that, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday, I am only getting to it now.

I made reservations for 3 at 11:30 am on Nov. 19th. We were a bit early but I wanted to increase my chances of eating in the main room, though that didn't seem to help. Even though we were first in line they were going to seat us in a side room so maybe they seat people according to when they made the reservation? Anyway, I asked if we could be moved to the middle and they accomodated! The food was very good. I can't say enough good things about the thai pumpkin soup - probably the best soup I have ever had. Now to the show. We got first show fast passes and lined up about 70 minutes early. I don't mind waiting in line for the regular Blue or Yellow fast pass areas but what I do mind is a the shoving and being packed in like sardines in much of the regular area so that is why I wanted to try the package. Anyway, we were let in shortly after lining up - the CC area did not go to the edge, I would estimate that it started half way from the water which I hadn't expected, but some of the area was center. The front rope area started about 2/3rds the way up the second tier, maybe 10 to 15 feet in front of the stairs between the second and third tiers. There was a walk way in front of the rope so people would not be able to watch the show directly in front of us. But in front of the walkway was a roped off section where no one was standing (yet) I asked about it and was told it was overflow for probably the yellow section so if you were lined up in just the right spot you could score a very good last minute spot. It kind of made me a little mad that some "free" fast pass holders got a closer center spot that those that paid for the dining package but overall I thought the CC dining package a very good value., specially if you want to eat at CC. We got spots on the stairs and we were not crowded at all so that was great. I chose the dining package over the dessert party because of cost and because I thought the view would be better, but after adding in tax and tip, I don't think the dessert party is that more expensive? Is the up front price of the party inclusive or do you pay more than that?

I chose the dining package over the dessert party because of cost and because I thought the view would be better, but after adding in tax and tip, I don't think the dessert party is that more expensive? Is the up front price of the party inclusive or do you pay more than that?
The cost for the dessert party is per person, but it includes tax and gratuity. So, you pay exactly what it says. You really cannot beat being able to sit. They serve enough cheese, bread, dessert and fruit to make it a meal if you want it to be. I found the dessert party to be well worth the price, but I am not a patient person and I will never line up to watch anything an hour or longer ahead of time. With the dessert party, I just show up when they tell me to and while there is a line (they check people in and give wristbands and I feel like the line moves slow), I can to sit down while I wait for the show and sit through the show.

The cost for the dessert party is per person, but it includes tax and gratuity. So, you pay exactly what it says. You really cannot beat being able to sit. They serve enough cheese, bread, dessert and fruit to make it a meal if you want it to be. I found the dessert party to be well worth the price, but I am not a patient person and I will never line up to watch anything an hour or longer ahead of time. With the dessert party, I just show up when they tell me to and while there is a line (they check people in and give wristbands and I feel like the line moves slow), I can to sit down while I wait for the show and sit through the show.

It's pricey but we found it well worth it! Did it August 2016 and we are doing it again this December (actually ON Christmas Day, the dessert party will be our Christmas dinner lol)

A rare show cancellation tonight, I assume due to high winds. My plan was to watch from my VGC balcony, primarily to document how the trees obstruct the view.

A rare show cancellation tonight, I assume due to high winds. My plan was to watch from my VGC balcony, primarily to document how the trees obstruct the view.

I am not surprised. It is extremely windy tonight. Some things were getting blown over at the holiday food festival.

I was supposed to do the dessert party last night and they were checking us in when the cancellation was announced. I wasn’t surprised. It’s so windy here.

I was supposed to do the dessert party last night and they were checking us in when the cancellation was announced. I wasn’t surprised. It’s so windy here.
That is a bummer! We are hoping to see WOC tonight or tomorrow night. This week sounds like it has been very unusual for WOC and cancellations.

Sorry to hear that, did you get a refund? Hope you got to see it another night if you were there a couple days.

Sorry to hear that, did you get a refund? Hope you got to see it another night if you were there a couple days.

The person checking us in, as soon as they said it was cancelled, said we would get an automatic credit. Now I’m trying to decide between regular FP or Wine Country dining package on Friday or Saturday. Also hoping to see fireworks again.

Does anyone know or have a guess if the Pixar Pier construction will effect WOC at all? We’re going the last week of April and I’ll be bummed if we can’t try the dessert party and see WOC for the first time!

Does anyone know or have a guess if the Pixar Pier construction will effect WOC at all? We’re going the last week of April and I’ll be bummed if we can’t try the dessert party and see WOC for the first time!
It would seem that if they were going to close WOC for awhile someone would have heard something by now. I think that leans in favor of no closure or at least no extended closure.

:wizard:

We are booked for the end of February so you should be fine :)

Thank you both! We were originally booked for the end of Feb. and had our dessert party reservations set but had to switch to end of April. I will be excited if we can still do it in April!

So I’ve been meaning to come post my desert party expirence since I think it was a tad unique.

I was by myself. Hubby stayed with kiddos sleeping at hotel and I got an evening in the parks alone. It was wonderful I loved the desserts and the hot coco.

The only thing that I wasn’t a fan of... was that being a single I was sat basically with a couple. That took me off guard a bit. I guess I was expecting to sit alone. Still a great time an amazing show but I felt kind of third wheelish totally crashing what this couple I think was planning on being a romantic date for 2. The couple seemed a bit annoyed I was there to be honest and our table was a bit off balance so every time I would place my drink down or something the whole table would move. I just turned my chair and tried to give them as much space as possible and put it out of my mind to enjoy my alone time and the show without my young kids to entertain.

We did the WOC dessert party on Jan 3rd and were very pleased with it! I pre-booked as soon as reservations opened for myself, mom, and 2 kids (10 and 6). The parks were very busy that day given that it was the first day APs were allowed back in after black outs so I'm glad we didn't have to fight for fast passes or line up to get a decent viewing spot. We did have some trouble finding the spot we were meant to check in as they didn't put up the sign for it until around 7:45pm. By this time, those in the "know" were already in line so we joined it and were around 10th in line. They started checking us in at 8:15pm, gave us wristbands, and sent us down to the seating area.

We were actually asked if we would prefer a high top or low table so the tables weren't pre-assigned for our sitting. We requested a high top and were seated at the railing slightly to the left. The table height was perfect as the kids had a clear view over both the railing and the people standing further forward. The waited brought out the bread basket and asked if we would like hot cocoa. I had been very excited about trying the blue alcoholic drink that was included with the package but the temps had dropped and I was quite happy about a hot drink! No other drinks (other than cocoa) were ever offered so not sure if you have to request - we were all content with the cocoa. The dessert plates followed and were beautiful - not to mention delicious! As we sat and ate I was so glad we had opted for the package as we watched others that had been standing in line for viewing spots scrambling to find a good place. Some of the folks at the back with kids likely had little view and I know my kids would have had a big problem with that! The desserts were delicious and so filling that we ended up taking at least half back to the hotel (they gave us to-go boxes). The show, of course, was spectacular and I loved the added holidays theme.

I would definitely do this again - I was initially shocked at the price and thought that the dessert plate was kind of lame for that much money. However, it really was worth it to have a seat, great view, hot drinks, and the desserts were actually more than enough to constitute a meal!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!