World of Color Superthread

Are there any options available for desserts? This sounds to foo foo for my son. A cupcake and mickey bar would a better option for him.

Thanks.

Watched world of color tonight to see the lunar new year pre tag. During actual world of color there were fountains in the planters that shot up water during The Lion King and finale scenes. Are these fountains new? Or did I just not previously notice them.

Are there any options available for desserts? This sounds to foo foo for my son. A cupcake and mickey bar would a better option for him.
I am not sure but believe so. You may have to order this beforehand. I would call Disney reservations and ask.

:wizard:

Thanks.
I think the only variations are for allergies, and even then you don't get to choose what the substitutes will be. When I marked that one of my party members had dietary restrictions on the reservation I got a call or email (I don't remember which) to clarify what we needed. But the person wasn't able to give specific information about the desserts, they just confirmed the allergens and relayed that information to another team that prepares the plates. You can always try to arrange something else of course, but you would have to do so ahead of time because they cart all the food in - there isn't a kitchen there ready to take requests.

ETA it was some time ago that we did the party, so things may have changed. But I don't think you'll be able to request changes during the party itself due to the fact that everything is pre-made, so definitely call ahead if you want to try.

You can bring in a cupcake and mickey bar on your own for your son, but they will not substitute things like that at your request. You will still have to pay the full price for your son's seat and dessert plate. They do have to-go boxes, so you can always bring your own desserts for your son and have his plate boxed up to take back to the hotel room for everyone else to share later.

Last edited:
Watched world of color tonight to see the lunar new year pre tag. During actual world of color there were fountains in the planters that shot up water during The Lion King and finale scenes. Are these fountains new? Or did I just not previously notice them.
The fountains in the planters have always been there, but not heavily used.

We are going Monday, April 2nd and leaving on Saturday.
The no availability for April is starting to scare me. We are from NJ and don't visit often. The last and only other time we were there they were getting ready for the 60th and the list of refurbs was super long. We still had a great time, but the castle was covered, no Matterhorn, no WOC and so on. So we are so excited to see WOC. The Pixar Fest is scaring me. And Calling Guest Services is useless as they aren't informed. And Paint The Night is coming back after we leave :(

We are going Monday, April 2nd and leaving on Saturday.
The no availability for April is starting to scare me. We are from NJ and don't visit often. The last and only other time we were there they were getting ready for the 60th and the list of refurbs was super long. We still had a great time, but the castle was covered, no Matterhorn, no WOC and so on. So we are so excited to see WOC. The Pixar Fest is scaring me. And Calling Guest Services is useless as they aren't informed. And Paint The Night is coming back after we leave :(
This post from yesterday should calm your concerns:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/world-of-color-superthread.2542717/page-110#post-58769456

For those who have seen WoC recently... do the lights on screamin and Mickey's fun wheel still light up for WoC? There's scaffolding up and I was wondering if this has affected the show. Thanks!

For those who have seen WoC recently... do the lights on screamin and Mickey's fun wheel still light up for WoC? There's scaffolding up and I was wondering if this has affected the show. Thanks!
Mickeys Fun Wheel still lit up on Saturday night. I don’t remember seeing lights on Screamin.

o Sit at one of the high tables
o Sit as far to the right (as you face WOC) as possible to get the best view
o Arrive close to 60 minutes before the show

Curious as to thoughts on whether or not to prioritize far right, front row or high seat? We ended up getting the front row to the furthest right and felt like too much was blocked by the people in the dining reservation area in front of us.

I am wondering if we had been in the high tables right behind us, would that have been better? Or better to get a high table in the front row but not furthest right? There were about 3-4 low tables on the far right and then a high table in the front row.

Curious as to thoughts on whether or not to prioritize far right, front row or high seat? We ended up getting the front row to the furthest right and felt like too much was blocked by the people in the dining reservation area in front of us.

I am wondering if we had been in the high tables right behind us, would that have been better? Or better to get a high table in the front row but not furthest right? There were about 3-4 low tables on the far right and then a high table in the front row.
It has been pretty consistent around here that the low tables are not good options. Priority should be high tables first. Then location to the right second.

The answer to this is, as usual, totally subjective. I know people who will request the low tables because they cannot sit in the director chairs at the high tables. And they prefer the view from the far right, as center as possible. The combination of low chairs and center view just works best for them. I prefer the high tables front row, but that works best for me. We have friends who prefer high tables in the back row, but they are taller so they don't want to feel that they might be blocking someone else's view. Also, they like to be near the servers' bar area so that they can flag a server quickly when needed. You can be at a high table and have your view blocked by a kid on someone's shoulders. So high or low table, center or far right, front row or back, there is no one perfect spot for viewing WOC! It all comes down to what works best for you and your party.

Last edited:
The answer to this is, as usual, totally subjective. I know people who will request the low tables because they cannot sit in the director chairs at the high tables. And they prefer the view from the far right, as center as possible. The combination of low chairs and center view just works best or them. I prefer the high tables front row, but that works best for me. We have friends who prefer high tables in the back row, but they are taller so they don't want to feel that they might be blocking someone else's view. Also, they like to be near the servers' bar area so that they can flag a server quickly when needed. You can be at a high table and have your view blocked by a kid on someone's shoulders. So high or low table, center or far right, front row or back, there is no one perfect spot for viewing WOC! It all comes down to what works best for you and your party.
Genuinely curious about your view here as I have not heard of folks preferring the low tables. I guess if they can't do the director chairs, then yes. But in that case I would strongly advise to skip the Dessert altogether since the view from the low tables is so obscured.

Last edited:
We did the WoC Dessert Party on Wednesday 14 Feb 2018. The advice above is sound with a large caveat. While tables to the Right are nice, do NOT take the high top that is farthest right. That table has problems:
(1) the angles for the show are weird so the view from the far-far right table is clipped by the Carthay Circle Viewing location. These people will be standing in front of your view. This potentially includes the dreaded shoulder-kids. I was in the farthest right seat and I ended up ditching my seat and standing behind the table to be able to see. (Our tablemates were super nice and made room for me).
(2) the farthest right table is next to a walkway. This walkway has a surprising amount of traffic during the show, so people are walking in front of you throughout the show. Not ideal.
(3) even worse, these people in transit have a habit of stopping to look at the show because the view (right in front of you) is pretty darn good. I had to get up and chase people away. I think that walkway should be policed by CM better.

It was a nice experience but a bit disappointing with the distractions. We scheduled a Carthay Circle Lunch for WoC for later in our stay and very much enjoyed that experience (perhaps even more).

We did the WoC Dessert Party on Wednesday 14 Feb 2018. The advice above is sound with a large caveat. While tables to the Right are nice, do NOT take the high top that is farthest right. That table has problems:
(1) the angles for the show are weird so the view from the far-far right table is clipped by the Carthay Circle Viewing location. These people will be standing in front of your view. This potentially includes the dreaded shoulder-kids. I was in the farthest right seat and I ended up ditching my seat and standing behind the table to be able to see. (Our tablemates were super nice and made room for me).
(2) the farthest right table is next to a walkway. This walkway has a surprising amount of traffic during the show, so people are walking in front of you throughout the show. Not ideal.
(3) even worse, these people in transit have a habit of stopping to look at the show because the view (right in front of you) is pretty darn good. I had to get up and chase people away. I think that walkway should be policed by CM better.

It was a nice experience but a bit disappointing with the distractions. We scheduled a Carthay Circle Lunch for WoC for later in our stay and very much enjoyed that experience (perhaps even more).
Thanks for your super helpful observations!

Genuinely curious about your view here as I have not heard of folks preferring the low tables. I guess if they can't do the director chairs, then yes. But in that case I would strongly advise to skip the Dessert altogether since the view from the low tables is so obscured.

I first learned about the low table preference from some people we met in the check in line. They said that they do the Dessert Party every trip now and started with the high tables, but got a low table once and loved it. They were a party of petite women, so I was surprised at their preference. They asked specifically for a low table, right at the top of the center steps, in the center of that row. They said that was their favorite now, the one they requested every time. Before the show started, I went over to chat with them and to check their view. It was open, more "spacious" (no railing right in front, more feeling of space in front and around the table), and the view was pretty good. (It wasn't a super crowded viewing night, so I don't know what the view would be like if all areas were packed.) The women had said that they found the railing and the globe lights in front of the high tables distracting and that they preferred the low chairs. Then I heard other people commenting on the same things when requesting low tables. It really is funny how everyone has a WOC view that works best for them -- which is why I say that there really isn't a one "best" view for everyone. My idea of the best view may well be not so great for someone else!

... While tables to the Right are nice, do NOT take the high top that is farthest right...

See my comment above about there not being one, single "best" view for everyone -- the table you mention is actually a "preferred" table recommended by the Dessert Party CMs for special guests! I know CMs who reserve that table for family members because the view is so good. I've been seated there (thanks to one of those CMs), and the view was great. But, yes, your enjoyment of the show can be marred by the behavior of other guests blocking the walkway . We were fortunate that other CMs were policing the walkway well that night and that most people in the CCR area were sitting on the ground.

Last edited:
See my comment above about there not being one, single "best" view for everyone -- the table you mention is actually a "preferred" table recommended by the Dessert Party CMs for special guests! I know CMs who reserve that table for family members because the view is so good. I've been seated there (thanks to one of those CMs), and the view was great. But, yes, your enjoyment of the show can be marred by the behavior of other guests blocking the walkway . We were fortunate that that other CMs were policing the walkway well that night and that most people in the CCR area were sitting on the ground.

Thanks for those notes. I feel a little bit better about my experience now. I should focus on the great views we did have and not on the distractions during the show. I do agree that if the Carthay Circle people were sitting and the walkway were kept moving the view would have been spectacular. I also can’t comment on the greatness or lack thereof of the other tables since I didn’t sit there.

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to make sure the CMs are on the ball in keeping loiterers from standing in front of you.
My speculation is that if you know the CMs working there they put more effort into preserving your view. I’m not sure anyone else can expect that to happen for them.

So I called today for a World of Color Dessert package and they told me that it was not available for my date (April 18 or 19) because it was down for refurbishment at that time. Does that make any sense to anyone? I can't find anything on the Disneyland site to show refurbishment schedules so I don't know if that sounds right or not. It was certainly not what I had hoped to hear after a 35 minute wait to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter