World of Color Superthread

I heard yesterday through my contacts who knows more than I do that WOC reopening on schedule on June 22 is highly doubtful. :sad:
Rats. Looks like the only water show we are guaranteed are the fountains of tears coming from Hydroguy. Maybe he could turn out the lights and shine a flashlight up from his chin to enhance the production values.

Rats. Looks like the only water show we are guaranteed are the fountains of tears coming from Hydroguy. Maybe he could turn out the lights and shine a flashlight up from his chin to enhance the production values.
That would work better at Halloween I think!

Well, I just checked my reservations, and my WOC Dessert Party for 6/29 is still on there. Does that mean there's hope? I don't know. And if it gets cancelled, what shall we do instead? We're already booked for the BB F! dinner the following night.

Well, I just checked my reservations, and my WOC Dessert Party for 6/29 is still on there. Does that mean there's hope? I don't know. And if it gets cancelled, what shall we do instead? We're already booked for the BB F! dinner the following night.

As long as you don't receive a cancellation phone call, there's hope! Just make a back up plan to have up your sleeve if you need it. How about sundaes at Ghirardelli's? Or if you can snag a reservation for the Pixar Afternoon Tea at S55 for that day? Or TF on Main Street followed by ice cream at Gibson Girl (now with mobile order!)? Or you can plan a different kind of Dessert Party: if you can get a reservation for 9 pm-ish at Catal on the upper level patio by the railing looking toward Wetzel's Pretzels, you'll be able to have dessert while watching fireworks. That might be fun for the girls. If you have a video of TF ready to go on your phone, you can sync the music to play as soon as the show starts. We did that for friends with RDCT -- they couldn't affort tickets to DL, so we took them to Catal for dinner, they had no idea the fireworks were going to start, then we cued the music, the first fireworks went off, and... Magic!

I really cannot say anything publicly, but I have zero hope at this point. Sorry everyone. I am as bummed as all of you.

:sad1:

As long as you don't receive a cancellation phone call, there's hope! Just make a back up plan to have up your sleeve if you need it. How about sundaes at Ghirardelli's? Or if you can snag a reservation for the Pixar Afternoon Tea at S55 for that day? Or TF on Main Street followed by ice cream at Gibson Girl (now with mobile order!)? Or you can plan a different kind of Dessert Party: if you can get a reservation for 9 pm-ish at Catal on the upper level patio by the railing looking toward Wetzel's Pretzels, you'll be able to have dessert while watching fireworks. That might be fun for the girls. If you have a video of TF ready to go on your phone, you can sync the music to play as soon as the show starts. We did that for friends with RDCT -- they couldn't affort tickets to DL, so we took them to Catal for dinner, they had no idea the fireworks were going to start, then we cued the music, the first fireworks went off, and... Magic!
Afternoon tea was a good idea - but I can't find a reservation for any of our days. I'll keep checking, and I'll call the dining line when I get out of the office today. Maybe we could do Carthay Circle - I've never dined there. Or Napa Rose or S55 - I've never been to those, either.

Afternoon tea was a good idea - but I can't find a reservation for any of our days. I'll keep checking, and I'll call the dining line when I get out of the office today. Maybe we could do Carthay Circle - I've never dined there. Or Napa Rose or S55 - I've never been to those, either.

All of those are fun choices! Keep trying for a cancellation for Afternoon Tea. They do pop up! If you do CCR, request an Evil Queen table in the main dining room -- the girls might like that. Or, if the weather is good, they might like sitting on the patio -- if you time it right, you'll have a view of PTN and TF from your table.

All of those are fun choices! Keep trying for a cancellation for Afternoon Tea. They do pop up! If you do CCR, request an Evil Queen table in the main dining room -- the girls might like that. Or, if the weather is good, they might like sitting on the patio -- if you time it right, you'll have a view of PTN and TF from your table.
I called the dining line and actually got a reservation for the afternoon tea for the day we were SUPPOSED to do the DP. I'm keeping the reservation for now, but at least I have an alternative that's pretty special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter