World of Color Superthread

When can you start making a reservation for the World of Color Dessert Party? Is it 60 days out? I am looking at the reservations screen on the website and it looks like just 45 days are currently open. I have a package booked through Costco for the end of June staying at the Disneyland Hotel but none of that shows in My Disneyland. If it is 60 days out will I be able to book on April 28th? Or do they just open a couple months at a time like Florida does? Or is it because my reservation doesn't show up in their system because I can't link it on the My Disneyland site.
The WOC DP doesn't always show up in the system right at the 60-day mark. Last time I booked it, it wasn't available until day 52.

how much FIRE is involved, lol. We loved the show.
This is why it took youngest such a long time before he could watch the show. We had so many "practice runs" viewing from behind the show because he loved it... until that part. It was so exciting and scary at the same time! Now he loves it, but it sure took a while! And I wasn't going to pay for a dining package or invest 90 minutes waiting until I was certain he was going to love it!

Why did they get rid of early showings? I remember when I first took my wife, then girlfriend for Valentine’s Day back in 2011 or so, we had a normal time dinner reservation, like 6:30 or so at Ariels Grotto and by the time dessert rolled out I was shielding her eyes from the first viewing to not spoil it.

Fast forward 9 years, we have a 4 year old who saw the holiday WoC, but we want to take to the regular version. We go on weekends and the earliest I’ve ever seen was 9. She fades fast after 8.

When can you start making a reservation for the World of Color Dessert Party? Is it 60 days out? I am looking at the reservations screen on the website and it looks like just 45 days are currently open. I have a package booked through Costco for the end of June staying at the Disneyland Hotel but none of that shows in My Disneyland. If it is 60 days out will I be able to book on April 28th? Or do they just open a couple months at a time like Florida does? Or is it because my reservation doesn't show up in their system because I can't link it on the My Disneyland site.
As the pp said, WOC Dining Packages don't always show up at exactly 60 days out. It can take a few days or more for them to be entered into the system, so keep checking. (Although rumor has it that WOC will be on hiatus the last week of April.) As for your hotel reservations, at DLR, those don't link to the Disneyland App. (There is no MDE at DLR, only at WDW.) You can link your park tickets to the DLR app by scanning them in. If you buy them directly from Disney while logged into your account, they should show up automatically.

If it’s just light rain it will still be on and you’ll get your desserts in a box instead of a plate... so they won’t get too wet...

Hi! If it rains do they cancel WOC and or the dessert party? If they do cancel do you get your $ back? Thanks
I haven't seen them cancel.
After all they announce those in the front will get wet.
If the weather looks like rain I pack rain gear and a blanket

It rained the last 10 minutes or so of one of the dessert parties I went to. They didn't really do anything. I guess because it was the last 10 minutes and they figured we should be done eating by then. Lots of food was left on a lot of the tables.

Why did they get rid of early showings? I remember when I first took my wife, then girlfriend for Valentine’s Day back in 2011 or so, we had a normal time dinner reservation, like 6:30 or so at Ariels Grotto and by the time dessert rolled out I was shielding her eyes from the first viewing to not spoil it.

Fast forward 9 years, we have a 4 year old who saw the holiday WoC, but we want to take to the regular version. We go on weekends and the earliest I’ve ever seen was 9. She fades fast after 8.
I do not recall WOC ever showing as early as 6:30PM. I think the earliest it has shown was 8PM. WOC opened in 2010 and for awhile they had three showings each night. Then two for a long time, especially weekends and high season. Now it is usually just one.

The reason? Interest has waned. It is still an awesome show. I saw WOC last Saturday with DS28, DS25 and DS23 using a Dessert Party reservation. The kids said over and over, "wow, this show is just so good!".

:wizard:

Last edited:
I do not recall WOC ever showing as early as 6:30PM. I think the earliest it has shown was 8PM. WOC opened in 2010 and for awhile they had three showings each night. Then two for a long time, epseically weekends and high season. Now it is usually just one.

The reason? Interest has waned. It is still an awesome show. I saw WOC last Saturday with DS28, DS25 and DS23 using a Dessert Party reservation. The kids said over and over, "wow, this show is just so good!".

:wizard:
Yea it was probably around 8. 6:30 reservation, inevitable wait to be seated, and then it started well into the meal.

I wish they had more 8:00 showings. Hopefully in the summer they’ll have 2 showings with the early one at a more doable time.

Nope. Poured on us on and off Thanksgiving night and they did not cancel either WOC or the dessert party. We huddled under umbrellas, but it was COLD.

Does anyone have any experience of this with the park closure?

The terms and conditions on the booking don’t make sense because they refer to a deposit, but this was a pay in full at the time of booking event?

If I cancel myself online, will I automatically get a full refund? Or do I need to try and call?

My booking is for mid-April, but now DL is closed “until further notice”...

During the great WOC outage of 2018, we got a cancellation notice, and then a refund within just a couple of days. We didn't have to do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts