Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

DexLabDeeDee

Hollywood, 1939. Amidst the glitz and glitter...
**ETA: In light of recent events, I would just like to say that my report title is somewhat over-the-top and hyperbolic. Though the ending to my vacation was traumatic for me, it was nothing compared to those families whose vacations have ended in unimaginable ways. My heart and thoughts are with those families who will not be returning home with all of their loved ones.

My report is meant to entertain and engage. I hope that you enjoy it as we go through the ups and downs of my Disney vacation!**

Hello! Welcome! :welcome:

This is my very first TR. I've done several PTRs but have always had the Disney blues so bad that I haven't been able to even go on the DIS, much less write a TR. But here I am! Lucky you!!

tumblr_inline_mmv4btz5nS1qz4rgp.gif

Yes, really! Buckle your seatbelts because who knows where this TR will take us!

Well, hopefully I do.

As to my title, you'll just have to wait and see!

tumblr_nxi7wbweCA1uy56buo1_500.gif

But first things first.

This trip took place Sept 3rd - Sept 16th, 2016. It was just me and my parents because the rest of my family are party poopers. (Well, my two younger sisters are pregnant so they get a pass.) We stayed at the Swan from the 3rd - 9th and AKL Kidani from the 9th - 16th.

Who am I?

I am Jenna - 35 yro Disney addict, chemist, and control freak. I live with my DH and cat, Sirius Black.

Sirius.jpg

14449041_10211128854476433_1294048449098368839_n.jpg

(He never looks impressed with anything I am doing.)

And for fun, here is my DH from our Feb trip to NOLA:

12809564_10209106206351494_619360243657771558_n.jpg

Blair Creole Creamery.jpg

But he's a party pooper so that's all he gets!

Now, for my parents - Paul and Sue. They've been to Disney many times in the past (like me) and are always happy to go down again. Which is good because no one else wanted to go - can you believe it????

upload_2016-9-23_11-43-40.png

As you can tell, my dad is a little grumpy. But he loves Disney. Crazy, huh? My mom is very extroverted and my dad is very introverted so it makes for some interesting times. And I am an introvert that masquerades as an extrovert. Which also makes for some interesting times.

So come and join me on our Disney adventure! It started out rough and ended very rough but it was really great in between. We switched resorts, went on a tour, tried some new places to eat (gluten free and dairy free!), had some new experiences, and had a lot of fun along the way!

If you are interested in how everything got started, you can check out my PTR here.

Otherwise, grab your Mickey Ears, your favorite Disney treat and off we goooooo!

image_6348ba11.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-23_11-38-59.png
    upload_2016-9-23_11-38-59.png
    570.1 KB · Views: 6,390
Last edited:

Our black cat has a very similar look - adores the children, lets them do ANYTHING to him, but gives me the look of disdain at every moment.

Following! Never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin. Interested to see your take.

Welcome! This was our first time at the Swan! I was looking forward to trying a new hotel!

Following! I love black cats so I'm sold. ;)

Welcome! All kinds are welcome here! :love:

Our black cat has a very similar look - adores the children, lets them do ANYTHING to him, but gives me the look of disdain at every moment.

Welcome! Sirius loves DH. He like me too.....when it's time to be fed. Or he wants a lap and DH isn't around.

Welcome! This was our first time at the Swan! I was looking forward to trying a new hotel!

Welcome! All kinds are welcome here! :love:

Welcome! Sirius loves DH. He like me too.....when it's time to be fed. Or he wants a lap and DH isn't around.

Yeah, no. He purrs and licks the kids. Lets them carry him around, jumps in their laps, sleeps with them... I'm allowed to touch him, sometimes, and he'll purr - if DS was already petting him and is still petting him... otherwise, he just looks at me and usually walks away (I FEED HIM!)

Yeah, no. He purrs and licks the kids. Lets them carry him around, jumps in their laps, sleeps with them... I'm allowed to touch him, sometimes, and he'll purr - if DS was already petting him and is still petting him... otherwise, he just looks at me and usually walks away (I FEED HIM!)

Sirius hides from me when I come home! Then, later, he'll decide that I am actually not a psycho crazy person and come up and purr and rub himself against me like nothing happened. Until DH comes home, then the traitor abandons me.

I still love him though!

Alrighty then. Let's get this party started. I just went back into the mists of time to read your PTR.....loved it...and now, I can't wait to find out all about your actual trip. The title is making me a little nervous here....

OH boy, sounds like you've got some interesting stuff to tell! I'm in! popcorn::

Welcome to the TR side! I can't wait to share!

But in the meantime - enjoy your trip!! :dogdance:

Alrighty then. Let's get this party started. I just went back into the mists of time to read your PTR.....loved it...and now, I can't wait to find out all about your actual trip. The title is making me a little nervous here....

Welcome! I'm so glad you enjoyed my PTR. "The mists of time" - lovely phrase! It reminds me of when I used to play Amazon Trail and the jaguar would come to take you back in time through the blue mist. "The Inca King would like you to bring him some cinchona." AHHHH. Memories. My favorite PC game as a kid.

Amazon_Trail_1993_screenshot.gif

Sounds like this could get very interesting! I'm in!! :cool1:

Uh-oh, with that title I have to follow along! We had a trip last year that got rough in the middle and towards the end, not that I'd wish the same on anyone but anxious to hear about yours!

Following along! I'm excited to hear about your trip. Ours got a little rough too towards the beginning/middle. We get back tomorrow so I'll be posting mine soon too.

I'm guessing rain and heat......It was crazy hot there the last few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter