Worth taking a semester off?

kirasaurus

Mouseketeer
I've been wanting to do the CP since I knew it existed, but now that I'm actually in college I've been debating the pros and cons. It's possible to earn credit for an "internship" through my school, but it won't apply to my degree which is what I'm concerned about.
I know that ultimately the decision is mine, but how did you feel about taking a whole semester off to do the CP?
TIA

Its worth it for sure. If your parents are okay with it, and YOU really want to, go for it. If it bothers you that much, go at the end of your senior year. That way you'll still qualify for the program and you'll already have a degree.

YES! I loved it so much, honestly one of the best things I've ever done. I extended and took a whole year off but then again I didn't have a major anyway. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, you get to make friends from all over the world, go the parks for free whenever.... ah I miss it so much. And you do work a lot but if you make friends with who you work with it can be just as much fun as a day off.
Do it! I didn't get any credit for going either but the only thing I regret is not having MORE fun while I was there haha!

Our DS is doing just that as we speak. He is taking a semester off to do the internship program. One of the reasons he choose the school he did was the Disney program. Then, 1/2 way thru his frosh year the school pulled the plug and said they would no longer give credit for the CP program. He was bummed. Big time. He thought about transferring, but really loves the school, so he stayed. He took extra classes the next semester, and classes over the summer. He will take 1 more extra class while at Disney, and when he goes back to school in Jan, he will have the credits he needs to graduate with his class. He said it was a pain to arrange everything, but well worth it. And as parents, we are happy that he can graduate with his class and we get a semester free of college tuition. I say go for it, you only live once. Never look back and be sorry for something that you wished you had done. Good luck.

You've gotta follow your desires on this. Because once you're older you may regret not taking the opportunity.

Thanks, I just needed a little encouragement to stop listening to that perfectionist mind of mine. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter