Would go to a Disney park with only original Disney or only newer rides?

old lady

DIS Veteran
Imagine a Disney park that had only rides from before Eisner or before Iger. Would you go there? Or, only newer stuff like Avatar or Galaxy? What older ones would you included or newer ones?

With the exception of the over-saturation of Star Wars and Marvel I think the parks are pretty good as they are. However, I would still love to see more attractions based on the older classics like The Jungle Book, Pinocchio and such. The new films are good for the most part but a sprinkling of the films that got them started would be a welcome addition. That's why I like the idea of a Mary Poppins attraction at Epcot. Other live-action classics attractions could be added too, like Treasure Island (but I suppose POTC covers that) although I can't imagine what many would look like. I'm more of an older classics guy (didn't care much at all for Alice in Wonderland though.) How about an original Mickey Mouse Club stage show?

I'd book a trip with only pre-Iger rides and I'd book a trip with only pre-Eisner rides too. We go for more than just the rides and besides, we enjoy some of the oldest rides very much. :)

I was thinking to myself just last weekend "if DLR/WDW was exactly the same as it was when I was a kid (80s-90s) I would have no problem with that." I have no interest in Star Wars, Marvel, or Pandora, and they've all caused higher prices and bigger crowds. (Not that prices/crowds wouldn't have increased anyway). But I know I'm the minority there! And I do love Cars Land in DCA. So maybe I'm just unlucky that a lot of the big newer stuff isn't my cup of tea.

I was thinking to myself just last weekend "if DLR/WDW was exactly the same as it was when I was a kid (80s-90s) I would have no problem with that." I have no interest in Star Wars, Marvel, or Pandora, and they've all caused higher prices and bigger crowds. (Not that prices/crowds wouldn't have increased anyway). But I know I'm the minority there! And I do love Cars Land in DCA. So maybe I'm just unlucky that a lot of the big newer stuff isn't my cup of tea.
I agree with you! I am a bit of a Star Wars fan but not a fanatic and I could do without the new Star Wars hype with Disney. Never a fan of Marvel either (and super sick of the hype there!) I'd rather see newer attractions based on real Disney properties and not the ones they acquired by taking over other companies.

I'd rather see newer attractions based on real Disney properties and not the ones they acquired by taking over other companies.
To be fair, most of the "real" properties were just characters that they took over and rewrote themselves too. In all honesty, Snow White is just as much Disney as Captain Marvel. You can't really say that for the older Star Wars characters.

To be fair, most of the "real" properties were just characters that they took over and rewrote themselves too. In all honesty, Snow White is just as much Disney as Captain Marvel. You can't really say that for the older Star Wars characters.
Yes, but they weren't already part of popular film culture. It's like apples and oranges.

The old rides suuuuck. They are awful. There is almost no difference from many of them and the tram from the parking lot. Give me the new stuff. The new Minnie and Mickey ride has HS is fantastic. Same with the Avatar stuff and the Star Wars stuff. Disney needs more RnR, ToT, EE, Soarin...I would love it if Disney redid Peter Pan and Pirates. Modern that stuff up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter