Would I be able to modify from a BB to another discount or would I have to book new reservation?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Headed to WDW in a few days.
Planning on booking the BB which is RO 30% off deluxe.
I have in the past seen RO discounts of 35% off deluxe but I want to lock this in.
If a better discount comes out for the dates I'll be there can I just call and modify to the next discount or would I have to book a new reservation and cancel the old one?
Wasn't sure if it was possible to modify a BB offer into a regular offer.

I have in the past seen RO discounts of 35% off deluxe but I want to lock this in.
If a better discount comes out for the dates I'll be there can I just call and modify to the next discount or would I have to book a new reservation and cancel the old one?

You would have to cancel and rebook under the general public discount.

We actually just did this. Had a bounceback package for free dining in 2019, but called yesterday to switch to the military room only discount and she was able to modify it, including resort and new dates and we kept the same confirmation number. I thought they'd have to rebook too, but we didn't.

I have always had to rebook. I kept the confirmation number, and the deposit was transferred, but any changes in costs that had taken place in the interim were applied to my new booking.

We had a 30% room only bounceback reservation at the WL last September when an AP discount of 35% was available. I called reservations and they were able to give me the AP discount without changing my reservation number. :) Since both reservations were room only, they were able to do it. :)

What does BB stand for

If you are modifying from a room-only BB to a room-only offer, they will likely be able to modify it without re-booking.
If you are modifying from a room-only offer to a package or from a package to a room-only offer, then they will definitely have to re-book because they are two different systems.

If you are modifying from a room-only BB to a room-only offer, they will likely be able to modify it without re-booking.
If you are modifying from a room-only offer to a package or from a package to a room-only offer, then they will definitely have to re-book because they are two different systems.
I had a room discount with tickets do it was a package and I could have modified to a free dining package but ended up keeping what I had.

I had a room discount with tickets do it was a package and I could have modified to a free dining package but ended up keeping what I had.
I just realized I replied to an old thread and you are probably back from your trip already. Yes, package to package can be modified, just as room-only to room-only can be modified. It's when you go from one type to another that they need to cancel and rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter