Would participating in the WDWCP for a year make me a state resident?

belleamour

Earning My Ears
Ok, here's my life plan, lol. I currently live in PA, I want to attend two years of community college, get my AA or AS. I then want to move down to Florida, live there for a year establishing my FL residency. I want to go to the UCF and get my bachelor's in Hotel Management at the Rosen College. Now, for that year in between, can I participate in the college program, and be considered a resident after a year has passed? I think it would be a great hospitality career experience for me. And, as far as I understand, you can be a "senior" in college and do the CP after you graduate, as long as you are in college when you interview. Because I will no longer be in school when doing the CP. So anyways, if I am in the CP, would that disqualify me for state residency for tuition purposes? I would love to pay $3,000 instead of $17,000 for tuition! I know for state residency you need to have a FL driver's license for a year, as well as proof of a lease and such. I'm hoping that living in the apartments at WDW would be good enough. Anyways, enough rambling. Help me out here :) Anyone has any insight on this?

I've had friends get a license in the area. You can in theory do it, I have friends who do it at UF (by paying one year out of state and then getting it the next year).

What you're really looking at is filing taxes as a resident.

Thanks! I emailed the WDWCP asking my question, I'm not sure if they will know or not, but I thought I'd try. I'm hoping I'm right though :)

Hey
I believe the only way you could do that would be living off site for your college program. when you live in the housing they provide its your temorary address. meaning you dont live there permenantly, so your not a florida resident. Especially tax wise, you still have your address in your home state. It is possible to do the college program and live off-site and therefore you would be a florida resident.
good luck with finding out what you need to! i hope it works out for you!

librachild - yes, I guess what you are saying makes sense. I still have awhile to decide what I want to do, so plenty of time to find out the laws and such. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter