Would you do CBR 3 nts $359 or Poly 3 nts $665?

donnamerry

Mouseketeer
These are both w/ AP discounts but what a savings little over $300! We're really spoiled (myself, sister and son(11) having always done deluxe past 5 yrs. guess cause we started out at deluxe and now we are spoiled with the deluxe transportation and all. Wish 5 yrs ago started at moderate then wouldn't know differenceLOL! Did you ever do this, say go moderate w/ say CBR - any disappointments?
Thanks! if did this could save more for spending! but I may 'whine' missing "Poly".:smooth:

If you can afford it at the time, go with the Poly. That's a good rate for that resort and you can't beat the transportation (i.e. monorail!).

Hey donnamerry, just had to say Hi to a fellow St. Louisan. We live in Oakville.

The CBR rate sounds good and the Poly rate ain't bad. Our best Poly was $169 a couple of years ago in November, but haven't seen one that low in a while. We did get AKL Savanna last Nov for about $160 via an AP discount.

Gene (CJ's Dad) wdw72@swbell.net
112 Days 22 Hrs BWV/AKL?/CBR?

Maybe I am just cheap, but I would go for the CBR. I just cannot fathom spending that much money on a hotel room that I wouldn't be in that much anyway. We talked about it this year, and we just couldn't justify the cost, regardless of the fact that we can more than afford it. We just decided we could get 600 - 700 more dollars worth of souvenirs and good meals in compared to a room we would actually see maybe 3 hours of every day (the rest of the time spent not getting ready would be asleep during naps and at night). I know with the monorail that is a plus, but I just couldn't do it unless I won the lottery. Then it wouldn't even be a question - GF Concierge Deluxe Suite or something like that. LOL.

But until then I think the moderates are underrated. They are really nice, the rooms aren't that small (aren't CBRs the biggest moderate too), and they don't cost the entire vacation budget. The bus system may annoy some, but they don't bother me. The grounds at the moderates are very upscale compared to what you can get at other places around the country in fancier hotels. The food courts are more extensive than the deluxes because they don't assume you will spend all of your money on sit down restaurants. This becomes a good thing sometimes. The sit down restaurants aren't as prolific, but there are plenty of those in the parks, etc... and you can still go to places like Ohana if you stay at a moderate (we are!!!).

Granted we have never stayed at a deluxe. But have you looked into Animal Kingdom if you are really intent on staying at a deluxe. THe prices there seem much more reasonable. So you would possibly get part of the savings, yet still be "spoiled" (as you said).

Well, it depends on how much you will be at the resorts. If all you are going to do it shower and sleep, then CBR is fine, and with a savings of $300, I would go for it.

However, if you plan to hang around the resort, and being on the monorail is a huge thing to you, then spend the extra $300 to stay there.

It is all a matter of your priorities.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!
I would do anything that didn't have the 666 number..Just couldn't resist!!!
But truthfully, I have stayed at only the CBR once and it was just Beautiful and roomy..Yes it is a large and spread out resort but I would go back in a second. I never stayed at the Poly., but have been there looking and it too is Beautiful. I too believe if the monorail is what your after than go with the Poly..But if your trying to save a few dollars than the CBR I would go for. Either way you will be pleased..
Just remember that it will cost more to eat at the poly than at the CBR food court..So I guess it all comes down to money or location/transportation!
Please let us know what you decided and good luck on your decision..

Chatty

I'd pick CBR!! It's so pretty and the tropical theming is great. The rooms are a nice size and its bus service is excellent. I'd use the extra money on some nice meals or souvenirs. Have fun!!:)

When we were working on planning our first trip my pick was CBR, until I found out I had too many kids! So we are spoiled by Poly and BWV. You've been to WDW a few times so you know how much you stay in the room; make your decision based on that.
Robin M.

We started out at deluxes too - 1st: BWI & 2ND: WL. Then, we decided to try a moderate so we could stay more days. We thoroughly enjoyed our moderate stays, and now count POR as our favorite. We try to spend a few days at a deluxe and a few days at a moderate each time, and we change up the resorts each time too. It's fun! I say try the moderate and see if you like it. If you don't, you can always switch to the Poly. I've gotten AP rates at deluxes during 3 trips when I decided to change for whatever reason. Have fun!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter