Would you go?

JennyLynn21

Mouseketeer
Looking for advice.

I am big Disney fan - have been around 7 times in my life. I have always gone as adult. I now have my own children, a 3 year old boy and 8 month old. Long story short, I said I wish I could take my 3 year old because I have not been to disney in a few years, and would have to wait a few more until our baby is older. My husband made the suggestion just myself and 3 year old could go. We would fly (We are from Michigan). Would fly in on a tuesday, go to animal kingdom one day, and magic kingdom the next. then fly home. A short but sweet trip. Our 3 year old is quiet well behaved. He would not yet be 40 inches, but would enjoy all the 'younger' rides, parade and fireworks, characters.

So ... Would you? I guess I just am feeling unsure. One day when my youngest is older we will do a big week long family trip, but since that is far off.

So if this was you would you go on the short sweet trip to fill your disney need...or just try and be patient and wait a few more years til the youngest can go too.

I just took my son for his 3rd birthday. He was under 40 inches, and there was plenty for us to do. He also enjoyed meeting characters much more than I expected, so we're going to spend more time on that when we return later this year. He'll still be 3, but 40", so able to ride more.

Would be tuff for me to go without wife and kids. But I bet would still be a great time.

we took both our youngest at 12 Months.
That way we could all go and the older kids at the time could go to. She obviously doesn’t remember but loves looking at the pics when she was there with big sisters.
It wasn’t bad at all plus we could get parent swap for kids To ride everything twice.

Now that the third kid is 5 the oldest want another kid just for rider swap.

I think it would be great to spend time alone with just your 3 year old. I'm all about 1 on 1 time with each child. So go for it if that's what you want to do.
I'm alittle confused about why you need to wait to take your baby though. Disney is built for families. It's easy to take a baby! We have taken our kids as babies along with tons of other people. They have so much fun and Disney makes it easy.

Why not go on a short trip now, all 4 of You? The baby will be free. I would want my husband to be there, it just wouldn't be as fun to me without him seeing my kids joy too!

Why not go on a short trip now, all 4 of You? The baby will be free. I would want my husband to be there, it just wouldn't be as fun to me without him seeing my kids joy too!
Yes - I know my baby will be free. But can I say it...? Babies are hard! lol. Our 3 year old is so easy going. My husband and I went a few years ago, and it's really just not his thing. He does not care for disney. He knows in a few years we will all do a family trip ... but he is more of a serious relax on vacation kind of guy. We have lots of camping trips planned this summer so it's not like we won't be spending time together. I would miss him and my hubby like crazy... but I am so happy with my husband offering myself and older son to go because he knows how much I love disney!

Sounds like an awesome break from sleepless nights and the constant demands of a baby, lol :) I'd totally go! It's a quick trip. I personally can't imagine taking a baby on any vacation but that's just me. Go and enjoy some one on one time with your son :)

Yes - I know my baby will be free. But can I say it...? Babies are hard! lol. Our 3 year old is so easy going. My husband and I went a few years ago, and it's really just not his thing. He does not care for disney. He knows in a few years we will all do a family trip ... but he is more of a serious relax on vacation kind of guy. We have lots of camping trips planned this summer so it's not like we won't be spending time together. I would miss him and my hubby like crazy... but I am so happy with my husband offering myself and older son to go because he knows how much I love disney!
Your husband is so sweet. I say go for it!.......as long as you won't miss your youngest too much. As much as I love Disney, it would have been very hard for me to be away from my children when they were infants. But that's a very long time ago.

My DH doesn’t like Disney so my dd and I have done plenty of trips solo.... starting when she was 2. It’s always great! I have one recommendation for you - pay for a preferred room or stay at a smaller resort. We did Carribean beach when she was 4 and it was awful being far from amenities and I ended up calling and getting us switched to Yacht club.

I'd go. That will make memories for you to treasure for years and a great special bonding time for you with your 3YO and your DH with the baby.

I can imagine it will be hard to be apart, but what a cool opportunity for your older son to get some serious quality mama time! I am so bad at one on one time with my kids; I want to be with them both as much as possible between work and life, but I also am learning how precious it is to value each child as their own unique individual... I am sure life has been equally as busy for your three year old with life as a big brother, so this could be a great chance for you to get your Disney fix and your son to get you all to himself!

Yes definitely!! My first trip to WDW alone with DS was when he was 3 1/2 and we had so much fun!! We've been on many WDW trips alone together (DH comes occasionally but he's not a big WDW fan). It is such a special time for us to enjoy WDW together. Yes, go!

Thanks everybody for the encouragement! Hubby & I discussed over dinner.... and I"M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!! :) Just booked mine, and my 3 year olds trip!! I cannot wait!! Have not been since Dec 13 - Cannot wait to see the magic from my son's eyes! AHHHHH!! SO EXCITED!

That's terrific! Have a great time! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!