Would you like to see something Special during Official Events?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
What would be something special you would like to do at DIS CON 2002 as part of the official events?? Have an idea in mind? Have something to share that you think would be a bit hit or maybe just a little ritual that you think should be a part of every DIS CON? Tell us here, because we want to know!! :) I will be looking forward to reading all the responses! :)

That is any easy one - Kareoke, was a blast. I would love it to be an event. The same with Jelly Rolls. It would be awesome for it to be just for us!! They were great ideas to begin with.

Hmmmmmm...I wonder whose ideas those were?

Ok ok...do not beat me!!!

Marsha, these two were definitely awesome ideas...good going.... :D

Of course, I'd like to see those two ideas stay! Jellyrolls and Kimono's were so much fun! I loved going to the Adventurer's Club as a group, too. The Illuminations dessert party is a must. And, having some private park time to ourselves was a blast, too. I would love to see that remain a special event. How can you beat all these wonderful events?!?! I loved our dinner at EPCOT and the character breakfast. I want to do the tea at the GF again. That was really wonderful. We had talked about trying to do the Candlelight Processional as an event. That would be nice to do with the group. We all did that on our own this last trip. Gee, I guess I want to do it all!! :D :D

I agree, Barb....the Candlelight Processional was incredibly special. And having "run" of the Tower of Terror for 2 hours was great fun. I think Linda had talked about having a few rides available to us after hours in the Magic Kingdom this year.

I don't know what I want, but I do know what I don't want...

Scavenger hunting!

(especially during thrill ride tours)

Heehee... :)

One of our favorite parades at WDW is SpectroMagic. Due to various reasons we have missed it during each of our last 3 trips. During DIS-CON, it only runs on Saturday night. I would like to see it included in the official activities, or have the Illuminations event on another night, so that we can go to the MK and catch SpectroMagic. Just a thought!
By the way, Barry, I agree with you! That's why we didn't try to do both.

Maybe we could do a Buzz Lightyear Shootout. We could have teams of 2, and fill a bracket sheet that would lead to an eventual winner, like the NCAA tournament. Maybe give out a trophy to the winning team.

Gee whiz, James! Don't tell Barry you agree with the no scavenger hunt thingy! :rolleyes: I'm catching enough @#%* over messing up his Thrill Ride Tour as it is! :) :p :p ;)
Actually, I loved doing the scavenger hunt. We may not have won, but we had the most fun getting all the answers. I had more fun being on a team and working together to get answers!! We had a rip-roaring riot! Yes, Barry, I know-you didn't like it. Sorry, next time I'll have to pick one or the other. ;) ;)
And, Carol, I did not forget you-I still can't find the dang key chain! I put it somwhere with all my stuff from the trip (so I wouldn't loose it!) and now I don't know where that is!! I hate when I do that!! As soon as I find it, I'll send it to you! After all, you were a great help with all the answers! For all I know, I've already packed it to go back with me for the next one! (Yes, I've already started packing. There are certain things that only go to DIS-CON. Such as my tiara, my Minnie Princess ears, my corn Pooh and, of course, MY LIME GREEN GLOVES!!) ROTFL:p :D :p :D

Hey, Brian, that would be lots of fun!!!! Maybe Buzz will be one of rides we'll have available to us for our private MK party. That way we'd just keep on riding! Only thing is the harder I try, the worse my score is!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Me too Barb, I am no good at shooting at those little targets. I do better when I do not try... and just shoot like a crazy person at everything without aiming. LOL

The Buzz Shoot Out is a great idea!! One of my favorite rides! :) Lots of great ideas so far...keep 'em coming!! :)

I posted this a while back - but I'd love it if the Candlelight Processional dinner/special seating were part of the official convention. I realize that not everyone celebrates Christmas, at least not with a religious emphasis, so maybe that could be an add-on.

I like the Candlelight processional idea. I do agree that maybe it should be an extra cost event since it is a secular event.

Barb, don't worry about the keychain. If worse comes to worse, it will show up when you unpack next Dec!

Illuminations has to stay. I can go either way with Fantasmic. I enjoyed it, but don't have to do it again!

<font face="comic sans ms"> I would looooooove to see the Candlelight Processional become an option. If it was made an official option, I wouldn't have to get my act together and call and get my own reservation. :rolleyes: :D
</font>

I absolutely love the idea of a Buzz shoot out!!! that's our favorite MK ride!!! :)
I also like the spectro magic idea, and also, what about MVMCP!!!!???

Laura :)

I would also like to see a spa event offered, and I'd like to see a night of dancing at Pleasure Island. I'm sure I'll come up with more things, the more I think about it! :D

Wonderful ideas so far!! :) I am so happy to read all the responses...Please keep posting if you think of anything else to add!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter