Would you rather extend your disney trip by 1 day or save the $200 for a future trip?

Would you rather spend $200 by

• extending a short disney trip by 1 day?

Votes: 101 96.2%
  • saving the $200 for a future disney trip?

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming disney trip that i am considering adding a day but that would mean $40 in airfare difference, $130 for a room, and about $20 for the extra day of the ticket.

It's a 4 night trip/ 3 full park days with a potential for 1 or 2 park days.
Landing 1pm first day & going home on magical Express probably around 3/3:30 for a 7pm flight

Otherwise, i can save the $$ and use it for a future trip.

Last edited:
I have an upcoming disney trip that i am considering adding a day but that would mean $40 in airfare difference, $130 for a room, and about $20 for the extra day of the ticket.

Otherwise, i can save the $$ and use it for a future trip.
No food?

I’m in agreement with the PPs. My answer would depend on how long the current trip is. But I would also factor in what a typical “per day” cost for a trip would be for me, distanced traveled (coming from London? then yes. coming from Atlanta, then no).

Count me in for the add a day club, but I'm a 10 day trip person Friday to Sunday & figure if I'm paying all the money to go the extra day is a small addon. I never do parks on travel days though, that's too stressful so those bookend days were always shopping for my collections on arrival and a visit to another resort for a fun breakfast before we go home.

I would extend the vacation. The more days of park tickets the cheaper each day becomes. To add a day to your ticket $20. To do a future trip one day ticket $100 plus. (Yes, it becomes cheaper the more days, but one day is still one day).

And other thing, if anything is learned from this year, you never know what may happen or even when. If you can afford it. Stay longer!!

Yes, I'm with the majority -- since it's already a short trip and you have to fly, that extra day will be nice. Of course, I'm assuming that $200 isn't "big money" to you. Perhaps you could mitigate the extra money by bringing some inexpensive snacks from home or looking for other small savings here and there.

Add a day. And explain to me how it's possible to add one day to a Disney trip for only $200.

It is much cheaper for us to do a two week trip and have our son and DIL meet us there for a week or so as we all have to fly (NH and TX). I stretch it out as long as possible as each day gets cheaper and we don't spend all that much on food anyway. You have an entire year to save for the next trip - live it up!

I would extend. We actually have done it several times and really enjoyed it. Thankfully we have both Frontier and Spirit that fly to our airport so getting a last minute flight home is not as expensive. We usually book on SWA so I can cancel the ticket home because i usually book one way tickets for us to make it easier to change or cancel the return flight. One time we changed the SWA flight the night before and the ticket for the next days flight was cheaper by $24 than the orgianal flight I book I was shocked. Even more so that I bought the new ticket 18 hours before the flight left and figured I would get a bad board number. Nope got an high A boarding position. Really thought i would get a C. We are
DVC members so I called to see what was available and if not just usually stay where ever I can get a cheaper priced room.

Last edited:
We chose to put $200 right away on a trip later that year.. now that trip is in 4 weeks I am so glad we did!
Ethier way you win have fun on your trip :)

Yes, I'm with the majority -- since it's already a short trip and you have to fly, that extra day will be nice. Of course, I'm assuming that $200 isn't "big money" to you. Perhaps you could mitigate the extra money by bringing some inexpensive snacks from home or looking for other small savings here and there.

If i was working, I would in a heartbeat! I am a stay at home mom with a husband who "hates" disney & thinks it is a waste of money :sad2:
So to him, I need to "be happy & appreciate what I got"

I really want to add the extra night/ pay the difference for the outgoing flight to the day before & take my daughter, it is the last time she will be able to go before she is older than 3 and require a park ticket! I feel like that is another reason i want to add the day, i want to be there as long as possible and take advantage of her being under 3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter