Would you rather live in the home you live in currently forever or leave tomorrow and never return?

If we left, where would we be going? That makes a big difference.

We love our house, our neighbors, town, and school. This is exactly where we wanted to be. My goal is to get all our kids thru school without ever moving in a way that requires them to have to plant new roots. We really really toyed with moving to Orlando or back closer to "home" over the past few years, but have opted to stick here because we think it's best.

That being said, if you told me we were leaving and not looking back to move into a house with a bunch of land, a pond, a barn, etc... I'd jump at that.

It's taken a long time, but we're finally in a home that suits our needs (almost) perfectly. It's got a bedroom with an attached bath on the first floor for MIL that's away from my house traffic patterns so I see her much less. It also has a kitchen that we can cook in at the same time without getting in each other's way. Not only that, but it's flexible enough to meet our needs as we get older. For example, while it's not designed for aging in place, it has enough space and flexibility for us to make minor adjustments to make that possible. With the exception of my office, everything my DH and I use is on the first floor. My MIL's bedroom though would make a great office once she doesn't need it anymore. If we can afford to do so, I want to stay in this home long-term and hopefully someday have grandkids come and stay with us here.

We love our house, we live on a quaint cul-de-sac in a nice neighborhood With awesome neighbors but we hate the tax burdened state we live in.

Or house will be paid off in 3 years, 4 months. 3 days, and 35 seconds (not that I have an app counting down the time till we can move 😂)

Nice house. Great memories. Been paid for a very long time ago but would like a warmer climate. Can’t tolerate the cold winters anymore. Been there, done that.

Our home has been very good to us, but we are planning on moving upon retirement. Can't retire yet (about ten years away) and moving has some pretty nasty retirement side effects for us, so I would wait, if I had to make that decision today, I suppose.

I bought my my first house this summer, with the intention of it being

approaching 48 years with DW and Until Death Do Us Part with her designed house approaching 34 years and Until Death Do Us Part

I’ve lived here my entire life, the only thing I don’t like is the COL. The only thing that could get me to move is if all of the kids moved far.

In 1990 my wife and I bought what we thought would be our forever home. It was in the town we were both raised in. Our family's and friends lived there. We had strong ties to our community. The company I worked for was 5 minutes from our home. I was a volunteer firefighter my wife was on the local volunteer first aid squad.
The house we bought need extensive renovations that we did. I loved to cook so we renovated the kitchen into a commercial style kitchen including a commercial stove. We had great neighbors. For us at the time it was perfect. We thought we would live there till we retired.
Nine years later we sold it to move a thousand miles away. We both got tired of working 60 to 70 hours a week to support it and have a comfortable middle class lifestyle. The area we lived in had become very very expensive to live in.

We moved a thousand miles away. We bought a brand new house for half the cost that we sold our old house for. We made enough on the sale of our old house to almost pay cash for our new home. Our quality of life when we did this back then was much better. This was going to be the area we were going to retire to.

Fast forward to today. The area we moved to has become so congested and also becoming expensive to live in we can't wait to move.

The reason I mention all this is because every time we bought a house we thought "this was the house or area we were going to live in forever"
For us thing have changed. You just never know.

Considering I live in the house I grew up in and have never lived anywhere else in 48 years, I think I am staying. I have toyed with the idea of buying a house in the Adirondacks and living there in my retirement. I just love it up there.

Moved here 10 years ago intending to stay for the rest of our lives.
Happy with it.

Heck, y'all. We put all this work and money into this place. Hours and hours and hours of work. I ain't leaving. Besides, I hate moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!