Would you rather live in the home you live in currently forever or leave tomorrow and never return?

We considerably downsized our home and expenses a few years ago. I am happier now in my tiny cozy house with my DH, DD and pets than I ever was in a huge house with all the bells and whistles. I would only leave for a place at the beach!

I love my house so much. It’s almost 100 years old with a lot of character on a quiet one way street. Really I couldn’t ask for a better house and neighborhood in this area. However my goal is not to live in ND for the rest of my life. The older I get, the more the long cold winters get to me.

Last edited:

I'm OK leaving tomorrow. We love our home but DW and I are empty-nesters now and it's probably a little too big for us. Plus staying forever doesn't really work for us because we plan on relocating in a few years when I retire.

I would be leaving the house and the state. I have another place I would love to live and buy a condo. We need to downsize and have someone else do the snow cleanup and grass cutting.

If I wanted to stay where I am for the rest of my life this house would be fine. However I want to travel and see so many things and I just can’t stand the thought of being in one place forever. I doubt we will stay here year round once we are empty nesters .

Baring unforeseen circumstances I am going to be living in this house until I die. It needs some cosmetic work but it is the perfect size and location so we will stay put.

Probably option 1. Our house is really too small for us, always has been, but we chose to have me be a stay at home mom to our 4 children for 10 years and with a few layoffs in there for DH, we never really increased our income sufficiently to move up from our small, older starter home, even after my return to work. And now, health ins premiums and healthcare costs are double our mortgage, so moving up just isn't financially feasible at this time. Long story to say that I would absolutely move if I could afford it, lol. I don't really foresee needing a smaller home at any point, because our families are close and I suspect my daughters will stay pretty close as they start their own families. It's crazy how crowded my parent's tiny house gets when we're all over, which is several times per month. And I'd love to be able to move our elderly parents in with us when needed, but no room to do that, even if everyone doubled up, lol

I haven't really traveled much, but we do love Florida and after our children are a bit older (1 flown, 3 to go!) we might consider moving there, as well. We're not particularly attached to our area of South Carolina, even though we've been here for 21 years. I'm able to make friends pretty easily, and DH mostly travels or works from home and his HQ is in Daytona.

We are actively looking to move out of this area in the next year or so. I live in Northern California. Fresh off a 2 day power outage. Cannot wait to leave!

Probably leave it forever; it's a rental and my landlord doesn't understand preventative maintenance... but if I had $100k to remodel it, maybe I'd stay forever! I love the house; it's almost 100 years old and in an amazing neighborhood. But I feel like it's a secret money pit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter