Would you still go?

That's crazy!
Our grocery stores have lines taped to the floor to designate 6 feet, so customers know how far they are from others. And they announce every few minutes the importance of staying away from each other. Hubby went to the store yesterday and could not believe how many kids were with their parents, running around touching things. I don't get it.

I cant believe how many people are bringing their kids out with them. I was at an Aldi's market yesterday. I heard a baby crying. By the sound of the cry I knew the child was infant size. When I finally got a look, the mother said she was 5 months old!!! :scared1: The store wasn't crowded but BOTH parents were shopping. Why didn't one stay home with the child or at least keep the child in the car. :confused3 Nope...here they were shopping side by side without a care in the world. :sad2: Needless to say there was an older gentleman coughing openly in the next aisle. I couldn't take it anymore. Its all just unbelievable.

I cant believe how many people are bringing their kids out with them. I was at an Aldi's market yesterday. I heard a baby crying. By the sound of the cry I knew the child was infant size. When I finally got a look, the mother said she was 5 months old!!! :scared1: The store wasn't crowded but BOTH parents were shopping. Why didn't one stay home with the child or at least keep the child in the car. :confused3 Nope...here they were shopping side by side without a care in the world. :sad2: Needless to say there was an older gentleman coughing openly in the next aisle. I couldn't take it anymore. Its all just unbelievable.

I mean, I get it...I wouldn't do it, but I get it...

An attempt to keep normalcy...
A "safety in numbers"...dad didn't want to let mom shop (believed might be more unsafe that normal), but dad also had no idea what to buy, so didn't think he could do it himself...
A baby that likes trips and screams bloody murder at home...

I mean, I'm dealing with my youngest one who's driving us all up the wall wanting to go somewhere, anywhere...and I won't let anyone in my house enter an enclosed space right now (not even someone else's house), so we don't even grocery shop, so he doesn't get the chance. I tell him all the stores are closed, and we can't...but you can't tell a baby that...

It doesn't help that the message has been "only 40+ needs to worry...and only 60+ REALLY needs to worry"...it lets people make those trade-offs that they shouldn't...

:(

Meanwhile in other countries, only one person in the family is allowed to go grocery shopping. The less exposure, the better!

I cant believe how many people are bringing their kids out with them. I was at an Aldi's market yesterday. I heard a baby crying. By the sound of the cry I knew the child was infant size. When I finally got a look, the mother said she was 5 months old!!! :scared1:

I saw a father with a car seat on his cart this morning and thought the same thing. I assume he had no other choice and was probably trying to go early to avoid crowds but the store was busy even right at opening. I wish he had someone who he could reach out to keep that baby home! (I wanted to offer) They want us to stay 6 ft apart but that's really hard in a busy store! I've been wearing a mask because I stay home all week and don't want to be exposed the one trip I have to make! I'm seeing more and more people do the same but most aren't.

They did finally put up small 4x3 Plexiglas right in front of cashiers/register but it really doesn't cover much area. I feel bad knowing how much exposure they must get. I would prefer not to go out shopping and do delivery but can't get a time for at least a week or more out!

I mean, I get it...I wouldn't do it, but I get it...

An attempt to keep normalcy...
A "safety in numbers"...dad didn't want to let mom shop (believed might be more unsafe that normal), but dad also had no idea what to buy, so didn't think he could do it himself...
A baby that likes trips and screams bloody murder at home...

I mean, I'm dealing with my youngest one who's driving us all up the wall wanting to go somewhere, anywhere...and I won't let anyone in my house enter an enclosed space right now (not even someone else's house), so we don't even grocery shop, so he doesn't get the chance. I tell him all the stores are closed, and we can't...but you can't tell a baby that...

It doesn't help that the message has been "only 40+ needs to worry...and only 60+ REALLY needs to worry"...it lets people make those trade-offs that they shouldn't...

A sense of "normalcy should be FAR from thought since this virus has the potential to KILL due to respiratory failure. It may be hard to accept but this has the potential to become our NEW NORMAL. I honestly doubt we will go back to life as we knew it. It seems each virus get worse than the one before. ( SARS, AVIAN-FLU, ZIKA, MERSA etc...) This COVID-19 has really hit hard.

My point is, there is no point in exposing ourselves or small children to the potential virus anymore than really necessary. I do get the 'cabin fever' part. I mean, look at my posts of me wanting to quarantine myself in Orlando. But the reality is, I don't need to chance it and I refuse to take a chance on my children being exposed. There really is no excuse for it when 2 parents are shopping with an infant. At least if only 1 parent gets exposed or sick, the other parent can take care of the child. But if they didn't have someone to watch the child while they BOTH grocery shop, will they have someone to take care of the child if BOTH parents get the virus? How will that work? Now tell me, wouldn't it make sense for the husband to bring back the wrong stuff and the family just make do with what he bought? Or make do with finding a babysitter while both parents are in quarantine? Which is the better option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!