Would you switch to RPH from PBH to save $800?

JPRCH

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
I can save $800 by switching to the RPH from the PBH for our upcoming May trip. We will be spending 7 nights, with APs for Disney and the 2/3 days tickets for Universal. We stayed at RPH last July and LOVED it, but I always like to try different hotels when we go to Disney/Universal so that it seems like a new vacation.

I have booked the PBH for $263.00 per night for a deluxe queen room. It is 490 sqft. The RPH rooms are much smaller at 335 sqft, but do we really need that much more room? It will be me, DH, Ds (10) and Ds (7). I can get the AP rate of 149.00 per night (and 5 of the nights ar only 129.00 per night). This makes the differnce, even with purchasing an AP, $800.00. Is the PBH worth $800.00 more $$?

Please let me know what you all think....help!!!

I think I would have many incredible meals with the extra $800 and you could throw in all the souvineers too! This family would take RPR for $800 less and stay at PBH next time. I like to swith around too but only if it the plan makes since. Many times what I want doesnt make sense and we save it for next time. Lets see what the others think, maybe they say go for it!

I switched from HRH to RPR to save 500$ so I guess...yes

Yes! I've stayed at both and if you are going to the theme parks, PBH is not worth it. IF you are going to hang around the hotel all day, then maybe. I like the theming at Royal Pacific better, but I think Portofino has more pools, bacci (sp?) ball, and more jacuzzis. Portofino also has speakers in the bathrooms in at least some rooms. I also think it has more shops to walk around. On the other hand, Royal Pacific is closer to the theme parks, the orchids and wood carvings are very pretty,and saving $800 is worth it. If you want to try a new hotel, why don't you consider spending most of your stay in Royal Pacific, and spend 1 night at Portofino?

Thank you all so much for the feedback! I just booked the AP rate of 129.00 (5 nights) and 149.00 (2 nights). This saved me $822.00!!!

We loved the RPH last July, I know we will have a great time! Thansk again!

I have stayed in both, and yes, you were right to switch, IMHO. Here's another reason why, which hasn't been mentioned:

A PBH Deluxe has the sink in the bathroom with the toilet and shower. The RPR has the sink outside the bathroom, with the toilet and shower in their own separate room. Certainly makes it easier for getting multiple people ready at the same time. Have fun! :)

In a heart beat, I have been to all 3 and PBH is my least favorite. It would not have take $800 for me to change.

markey said:
In a heart beat, I have been to all 3 and PBH is my least favorite. It would not have take $800 for me to change.

Wow, I'm surprised to read that. It really is great that they offer 3 totally different resorts, as people obviously have different tastes. DH & I think PBH is by far the nicest of the 3 resorts. That said, we ended up booking HRH again, because that's our DS's(14) favorite. RPR is our least favorite, but $800 is a lot of money. I can think of a lot of great ways to spend that at UO. :teeth:

OP, since you've stayed at RPR & already know you like it, you made a great decision. :thumbsup2 IMHO, if you were only trying PBH for a change, it wouldn't be worth $800 more. Have a great trip!!! :sunny:

RPR is simply a great hotel with outstanding service. I stayed there this weekend. I called the day before arrival and was given an upgrade to a pool view Executive Suite on the top floor. At check in Pia saw me coming across the lobby and motioned for me to come directly to her station. Its nice to be recognized and I find it rare when a they remember your name, where you are from and your kids. I booked with APH but still received the Loew's First amenities. Twice during my stay housekeeping came to the room and asked if I needed anything.
Next weekend we are staying at PBH. When I booked the rates were better at PBH. I'm only paying $59 more a night than I paid at RPR and I have arranged for a Villa Suite with Club access. It's nice to splurge and get a spa treatment and have a balcony to chill on while listening to Harbor Nights music. I hope the service will be as good as RPR. I received a personal email from the assistant room's director that promised to "take good care of us.
For $800 I would go with RPR but I'd have a hard time saying that it's a better hotel. The staff makes RPR special.

Its a gorgeous hotel I have stayed there before and so far booked pbh but would swap if I could save $800. at the minute ap rat for october is only around $50 difference per night between pbh and rph.

RPR seems to be the fan favorite around here lately. It used to be the HRH, but they started "losing" reservations and made guests move due to overbooking.

I'm staying at the PBH in June, then I can say I've been to all 3. In my case, it's only for 2 nights, so the price differance is ok. But yeah, to save $800, you'll survive in the smaller room. It's really not that bad, it's like being in a normal room in any other hotel, or similar to being in the Disney All Star Resorts.

Don't forget the discounts you will get on restaurants and merchandise now that you have an AP. I have stayed at all three once or twice and you are not missing much at the Portofino. Go over and swim one day or have dinner one night and you will have experienced it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter