Wow 2 stays and now we are Platinum lol

Catrinabeach

DIS Veteran
We received our Platinum card in the mail the other day. I totally forgot that our trip in Dec might have changed our status.

We have stayed there 2 times now and went from Blue to Platinum. I'll have to remember to book direct next time and ask about the free upgrade.

Got our platinum card last week also. We have about 8 stays over the past few years but most have been at the Annual Passholder Rate which they said would not qualify. Go figure.

Lou

I haven't received anything of note for being a platinum member. Got a Villa suite last year for 7 nights and just booked the same thing this year.

Might get a free suite upgrade, but with 6 people, I can't wait and take a chance that it might not be available at check-in.

Congrats on the upgrade! We too only had two stays, one night at the B&B rate and 5 nights at an AP rate, when we were upgraded. Our first stay after the upgrade to Platinum, not only were we given a suite when making a reservation but upon check-in, got a further upgrade to a Hospitality Suite. Hope the same holds true for you.

I'm platinum and get jack-squat, other than the standard perks (I do appreciate the red wine and nuts, but cmon, I want more). AP rates always seem better than regular rates + the prospect of upgrades.

I really wish they had some flexibility in the perks they offer - especially for those of us that spend a fortune on a vacation and don't want to risk a suite upgrade not being available, etc.

I'd love some park tickets comped, or restaurant discounts, etc. as an option for platinum members that received nothing but the fruit and water at check in for a 7 night stay.

I really wish they had some flexibility in the perks they offer - especially for those of us that spend a fortune on a vacation and don't want to risk a suite upgrade not being available, etc.

I'd love some park tickets comped, or restaurant discounts, etc. as an option for platinum members that received nothing but the fruit and water at check in for a 7 night stay.

I don't understand the risk involved in platinum being upgraded to a suite. You would know when placing your reservation (if doing it through Loews) so the only risk(?) is in getting a larger suite. That said, I also wish there was flexibility when suites aren't available to maybe club status.

The risk is that with 6 people, we always stay in a Villa suite. I don't want to book a smaller suite or combo of rooms and risk that an upgrade to a Villa suite won't be offered at check-in. I've never had the option to see if they can upgrade me to a Villa suite when making a reservation - they always say you'd have to wait until check-in to see if a suite upgrade can be offered.

Now if they ever offered to upgrade my Villa Suite to the Presidential suite as a Loews Platinum perk - I wouldn't complain, but that has yet to happen.

Understood. We are a family of 6 also but on our last trip, the two oldest girls had to work for the first week so we could take a PS upgrade when making the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter