Wow, took deposit for Oct 2010 stay!

maggieb9975

DIS Veteran
I was shocked to see credit card statement and that RPR had taken one nights deposit for my stay of Oct 2010! Just kinda caught me off guard as in the past they usually didn't take it til close to my arrival date....so a heads up if this is somethin' new and if not new ...it is new to me:lmao:

Wow. That is early.

They haven't even charged my credit card for my one night stay in December yet!

Hmmmm...when did you make your ressie's? Maybe you should check to make sure they didn't reserve Oct. 2009 by mistake (could be possible they're not booked huh?).

I'm not quite remembering how soon they charged our deposit in 2005 but I think it was pretty immediate (althought, that's what I wanted...of course in 4 yrs. many changes could have taken place :rolleyes: ). But if they're known to not take it until closer to the check-in date, I'd make sure they had your dates correct. Good luck.

We've always been charged immediately. I wonder if it is a Canadian thing. Maybe they don't trust us! lol

When I booked from the UK in June 2008 for Easter 2009, I thought a deposit had been taken for our one night stay. When we checked out of RPR, I was surprised to be charged again and queried the deposit, but it turned out it had not been taken.

As noted above, may be worth double checking with Universal that they haven't mistakenly made a reservation for this month - did you get an e-mail confirmation of your reservation that you could check?

We've always been charged immediately. I wonder if it is a Canadian thing. Maybe they don't trust us! lol

LOL...maybe cause our dollar is almost at par they are worried they may get LESS money if they wait....:lmao:

Hmmmm...when did you make your ressie's? Maybe you should check to make sure they didn't reserve Oct. 2009 by mistake (could be possible they're not booked huh?).

I'm not quite remembering how soon they charged our deposit in 2005 but I think it was pretty immediate (althought, that's what I wanted...of course in 4 yrs. many changes could have taken place :rolleyes: ). But if they're known to not take it until closer to the check-in date, I'd make sure they had your dates correct. Good luck.

When I booked from the UK in June 2008 for Easter 2009, I thought a deposit had been taken for our one night stay. When we checked out of RPR, I was surprised to be charged again and queried the deposit, but it turned out it had not been taken.

As noted above, may be worth double checking with Universal that they haven't mistakenly made a reservation for this month - did you get an e-mail confirmation of your reservation that you could check?

That is a good idea about wrong date but I do have an e-mail confirming date even though I can't check it online..grrr...oh well..It's paid up now...thankfully my credit card is in good shape and can handle the hit!! I had lowered my balance on it so I wouldn't spend so much on it....only $1000 limit for now...:rolleyes1

I will call them though, just to be sure..thanks for feedback guys....

Ok..just called them..everything is cool..

I asked if policy had changed and they said no...deposit is ALWAYS taken 2-5 days after reservation is made..so just not too consistent on this in the past with me and others..but them's tha rules;) I explained how in the past didn't happen for me...woman just kept spouting the policy..awh well...

I made the reservation in July!! 2-5 days my *** ...LOL...

they took deposit of me 3 years ago immediatley, but have had no deposit taken since, and i had 3 bookings this year.

5 bookings made over the years & the deposit always taken with a couple of days :confused3

i have always had the credit card charged within 24-48 hours once i have booked.

i booked first of january this year for the oct stay.

move over damo.
they think we are rebels and charge us soon after we book......:laughing:

i have always had the credit card charged within 24-48 hours once i have booked.

i booked first of january this year for the oct stay.

move over damo.
they think we are rebels and charge us soon after we book......:laughing:

Personally, I think they should be comping us. ;)

Wow. I'm still surprised that they haven't taken my deposit for my stay in December (I checked online, and my reservation is there with the credit card number listed). I did ask them to hold the reservation and called the next night with the CC number, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Or maybe they just know that I usually stay at Disney and they are going to try to reel me in to staying at Universal by not charging me ;)

out of over 25 stays on site, i did have that happen one time.

my cc was not charged for the deposit/one night stay.

i forgot about that until just now.

all the hotel did was charge me for the total of nights i stayed there when i checked out.

don't worry, they won't over look what you owe. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter