Ya I dropped it. . .

Hi,

What a nightmare but at least you have light at the end of the tunnel.

I took my new camera to the parks for the first time last October and I was paranoid about it. I didn't move the camera or lenses out of my bag unless it was resting on something and I had a Black Rapid equivalent strap that became a permanent fixture on me.

I've also got 5 years fix or replace insurance which I think is invaluable when you consider how much it would cost you to replace or fix.

I'm taking it again this October (see you there :)) and your experience has reminded me to be really careful.

Thanks. It's deff all over. It was very painless to work out minus waiting all those weeks for the lens parts. I have to order a black rapid strap this week. It's been on my list for a while now. I have to pad up my bag a bit more too this week like I had talked about doing.

The insurance move was deff worth it. Funny thing is I got my check from Erie before I even paid the premium. I thought that was funny.

When u all going in oct?

Congrats on getting everything fixed! Last week, after cleaning it after a very muddy Team Demo race, I dropped my best flash. It will be returned to me by next weekend's races ($90 repair + $10 shipping, to replace it would cost $225). Thank you to Sigma for a very quick turnaround!! I do have insurance, but for a $100 repair I chose not to claim it.

Congrats on getting everything fixed! Last week, after cleaning it after a very muddy Team Demo race, I dropped my best flash. It will be returned to me by next weekend's races ($90 repair + $10 shipping, to replace it would cost $225). Thank you to Sigma for a very quick turnaround!! I do have insurance, but for a $100 repair I chose not to claim it.

Sorry about the drop! Glad it was be a fast fix, I doubt I would have turned that in too. At first I figured mine wasn't going to be too bad and I might have paid it on my own. I remember saying that to my wife as we watched the parade. " how much an it possibly be". Lol. Famous last words!

I have been putting off or forgetting about getting insurance for a while now. After reading this I just pulled the trigger on insurance. I have a few friends that use PPA.com. So that who I got. This time tomorrow I will be covered. Thanks

Oh that is awful, so glad you got insurance. I never thought about insuring my camera, I use a 60D. I have a bunch of lens also. I always take my camera to the parks also.

My DH dropped our camcorder many years ago, probably like 15 ago. Thats when they were so high! Luckily we had bought the warranty and Best Buy fixed it.

I guess lesson learned is for 1 dollar per 100 insured why wouldn't you. I figured it was going to be very expensive. Oh and I have no deductible. And my premium didnt go up.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh that is awful, so glad you got insurance. I never thought about insuring my camera, I use a 60D. I have a bunch of lens also. I always take my camera to the parks also.

My DH dropped our camcorder many years ago, probably like 15 ago. Thats when they were so high! Luckily we had bought the warranty and Best Buy fixed it.

So just wondering where does everyone get the insurance for their camera equipt? Is it just a rider on your homeowners ins? What kinda of cost are we talking? Thanks for your help! I can see this happening to me and would prefer not to have to worry if it does.

So just wondering where does everyone get the insurance for their camera equipt? Is it just a rider on your homeowners ins? What kinda of cost are we talking? Thanks for your help! I can see this happening to me and would prefer not to have to worry if it does.

Like I said above I couldn't get it added as a rider with allstate on my homeowners. I was only able to get commercial and that was crazy for me cause i'm not a pro.

I looked elsewhere and went through Erie cause my neighbor is an Erie dealer. It's all I have with them. Everything else is with allstate.

I paid 1 dollar or 90 cents for every 100 insured. I pay about 60 a year.

jim

Thanks. It's deff all over. It was very painless to work out minus waiting all those weeks for the lens parts. I have to order a black rapid strap this week. It's been on my list for a while now. I have to pad up my bag a bit more too this week like I had talked about doing.

The insurance move was deff worth it. Funny thing is I got my check from Erie before I even paid the premium. I thought that was funny.

When u all going in oct?

We fly out at the very end of September for three weeks :goodvibes

My camera equipment is cover for loss or theft on my house insurance (home and away) but not for damage or failure. I took out a policy on the lenses and camera for about $200 that covers me for 5 years. We fly long haul to the States as we're from the UK and I'm paranoid about my camera equipment.

The Black Rapid type straps are brilliant. I went round Disney and the other parks with the camera permanently attached to the strap and me for 3 wews last hear and it was really comfortable. I had the 45-200mm lens on for the majority of the time and hardly noticed the weight.

Good thinking about extra padding in the bag too. I have the slingshot passport bag and the padding is good but could be better on the bottom.

We fly out at the very end of September for three weeks :goodvibes

My camera equipment is cover for loss or theft on my house insurance (home and away) but not for damage or failure. I took out a policy on the lenses and camera for about $200 that covers me for 5 years. We fly long haul to the States as we're from the UK and I'm paranoid about my camera equipment.

The Black Rapid type straps are brilliant. I went round Disney and the other parks with the camera permanently attached to the strap and me for 3 wews last hear and it was really comfortable. I had the 45-200mm lens on for the majority of the time and hardly noticed the weight.

Good thinking about extra padding in the bag too. I have the slingshot passport bag and the padding is good but could be better on the bottom.

Thanks. i got to stop up the fabric shop today to get some padding. All the bags out there really don't give much protection for falls really. So hopefully with some more padding and the hoods always out IF something was to happen then hopefully I would be fine. Anything can help I figure.

jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter