Yacht or Beach Club stay night before SW Dark Side 10K?

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
Hello! I am back from my trip to our parks in Asia (Shanghai and Tokyo) which hit a glitch thanks to Typhoon Lan. Our stay at TDR was shortened by 2 nights since we couldn't get out of China due to the weather (typhoon hit Japan). This resulted in DVC returning 144 points for our stay to me (YAY!). I need to use these converted reservation points by the end of September 2018, and I was thinking of using some of them to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club Friday 4/20, the night before the 10k that I am signed up for.

Has anyone stayed at either resort for a race? I know last year our race started from MK parking lot - did they bus from the resort directly or did you have to go to Epcot and then get a bus?

I am a local who normally goes to the race from home, but this will allow me to get a little more sleep and use up these points...thanks for your thoughts!

I have stayed at Beach Club for marathon weekend and loved it. Those races start at Epcot though.

They will have a bus from the resort to the start. You won’t have to go to Epcot.

Hello! I am back from my trip to our parks in Asia (Shanghai and Tokyo) which hit a glitch thanks to Typhoon Lan. Our stay at TDR was shortened by 2 nights since we couldn't get out of China due to the weather (typhoon hit Japan). This resulted in DVC returning 144 points for our stay to me (YAY!). I need to use these converted reservation points by the end of September 2018, and I was thinking of using some of them to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club Friday 4/20, the night before the 10k that I am signed up for.

Has anyone stayed at either resort for a race? I know last year our race started from MK parking lot - did they bus from the resort directly or did you have to go to Epcot and then get a bus?

I am a local who normally goes to the race from home, but this will allow me to get a little more sleep and use up these points...thanks for your thoughts!
Just stayed at Beach Club for Wine and Dine. Felt like half the resort was participating in at least one of the races. Very smooth. Less than 10 minute drive on the shuttle to MK parking lot. Same for bus back from Epcot. Some people did walk back if they were late finishers and the park was open. Marketplace had special food options for race weekend as well.

Just stayed at Beach Club for Wine and Dine. Felt like half the resort was participating in at least one of the races. Very smooth. Less than 10 minute drive on the shuttle to MK parking lot. Same for bus back from Epcot. Some people did walk back if they were late finishers and the park was open. Marketplace had special food options for race weekend as well.

Thanks to you both for the input. I was able to book that weekend at Beach Club so I can use most of the points that they returned to me. 12 points will end up being forf'd unless my uncle needs to use a hookup at FT Wilderness for a night! Thanks for the tips and I look forward to my first stay at the Beach Club next April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!