"YARC" Post of the Week, Share Your Adventure Ideas

windwalker

I need an Adventure
Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. We convience our selves that life is so hard and so dull and so confining......

We should wake every day excited about the day. We only get one shot at each day, what will you remember a year from now about yesterday? Anything interesting or exciting enough to remember? If not it's time to put some excitement and adventure in your life.

You get a weekend you do the chores and rest but do you recharge? When you get a weekend plan one day of it for the chores but plan the other for an adventure. An adventure doesn't have to be a costly venture either. Just do something different. Go longer than normal on your walk/run. Go for a hike, drive to a different city and take a walking tour of the downtown area.

We live in the most exciting times ever, we can spend time having fun, we don't have to tend the fields or chase down supper with a sharp stick. We can say "ok today is for adventure". You can drive to the closest resort town and have a nice time wandering the gift shops and have a great lunch. Or you can go to the lake or beach or mountians whatever is a comfortable drive.

When you take responsibility for your own happiness, guess what, you are a lot happier. One of the things that excites me about the people on the WISH team is that they find a way to enjoy many small adventures. A nice drive to a race in another city is a great time and a memory. There is a saying "The one who dies with the most toys wins", I think that should be, "the one who dies with the most memories wins".

Please share what you did this weekend or will do next weekend to give others ideas for their own mini adventures.

We didn't do much last week because Erica was sick with a bad summer cold and we can't do anything about an injury or sickness except wait it out and get better. This week she is better so we are going to have some fun.

Have an awesome week fellow WISH Raiders of the Lost "YARC"pirate:

Dave:hippie:

I skimmed your post and will come back and read it in full later!

But we are interviewing a maid service this week. I've decided I hate cleaning so why fret it! Plus with homeschooling and training for the goofy and a busy hubby--we want family time once again to have fun!

Yesterday was dd's soccer game. Last year we would come home and just be lazy and not do anything or do chores or something. I was pregnant and sick and hubby was out of town.

So yesterday we didn't go straight home! We went out. All hubby did was get his haircut. But so different from coming home trying to work work work. We also watched National Treasure.

Happy week everyone!

I agree with you post which is why every vacation, trip, weekend is an adventure around our house.

Some DIS friends were driving through town today, sometime in the afternoon but not sure when, and wanted to meet us at JB's Fishcamp in New Smryna Beach for rock shrimp and a pitcher of beer. Sounds good to me.

To make it a little more fun, after church this morning I jumped on my bike and rode until my family called that our DIS friends were in town. They picked me up. We had a great time and I got in 42 miles.

A bike ride, rock shirmp and beer with our DIS friends.....what a great way to spend the day.

Lisa, Jim, Yeah Baby!!! Get your joy in anyway you can get it. Rock Shrimp Beer and friends, sounds like a pirate day to me.

What about the rest of you guys, I know there are other pirates out there.

It's 20 weeks, TODAY, till the January 2008 Disney race weekend, Let the training and the craziness begin. Come on folks we are going toe to toe with the baddest distance around, let your inner pirate loose to play.

Dave:hippie: "YARC"

We went out and did a couple of short walks(4 & 5) this weekend. We started planning our ToT weekend. We will be working hard next weekend to get a lot of pre race stuff together for the Lake of the Sky 50K Trail Run & Relay we are Race Directors of here at Lake Tahoe. This race is 5 days before we leave for ToT. We will also be working another 100 mile race on 9/22-23. Another 24-36 hour weekend:eek:

Lots of work at other races before we get to have fun with all at ToT. Hardly enough time to train:sad2:

We went out and did a couple of short walks(4 & 5) this weekend. We started planning our ToT weekend. We will be working hard next weekend to get a lot of pre race stuff together for the Lake of the Sky 50K Trail Run & Relay we are Race Directors of here at Lake Tahoe. This race is 5 days before we leave for ToT. We will also be working another 100 mile race on 9/22-23. Another 24-36 hour weekend:eek:

Lots of work at other races before we get to have fun with all at ToT. Hardly enough time to train:sad2:

Robert I think you have the making life interesting thing down pat. You have had more race fun than anyone I know, is there a green with envy icon on here somewhere?

We went to breakfast after church yesterday!!!

What happened to the man I married????:lmao:

Had a lovely family time!

This weeks adventure---new AC on Thursday/Friday--no AC from Thursday at 9am until Friday evening......

Hmm.....let's see if we have enough hilton honors points.:cool1:

We went to breakfast after church yesterday!!!

What happened to the man I married????:lmao:

I will be conducting classes on pampering your pretty princess.

Erica and I had a nice 5 mile walk today then stopped on the way home at the Cracker Barrell for breakfast. Then we did our chores and rested a bit, now it's shopping and then dinner, the CatFish House is the plan.

Got up early Saturday and ran 7 miles. Went to eye doctor for my check up - had Lasik eye surgery on Friday - yahoo. Fixed a toilet in our rental apartment another big yahoo. Went home and decided to go out to one of our local shopping areas. A nice place where you can walk around, all outside and we can take our dog with us. Came home and watched a movie. It was a great day.

Sunday we spent an afternoon/evening at a friends house. Saw some people we haven't seen in a while. She got us together so we could show here the pictures of our Safari we took in July. Great time! Great food.

Our normal weekend is busy on Saturday then chill on Sunday. it was nice getting out Sunday and meeting with friends.
enjoy,
Duane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter