"YARC" Post of the Week, The Thigh Bone is Connected to the Knee Bone

windwalker

I need an Adventure
I thought it would be fun to share weird pains we have had that were casued by something else entirely.

Most people have heard the old saying that if your back is hurting after or during exercise it means you need to strengthen your stomach muscles. What happens when you are first start exercising is that your back is stronger than your abs so the imbalance is felt as back pain because the abs are not pulling their load and the back has to do it.

When I switched from running to racewalking I had pain behind my right knee, I assumed it was either a strain in my lower hammy or a strain in the upper calf muscle. Turned out it was neither one it was my ITBand being inflamed about mid way down my leg and since it attaches at the back of the knee that was where I was feeling the pain.

My last contribution is the famous swollen lymph gland. I had groin pain that turned out to be an infected cut on my foot.

Please share your experiences with injuries.

YARC Pandapirate:

I have a pain in my rear end that is caused by my managers. :headache:

Oh, that's not what you had in mind.

:upsidedow

I have a pain in my rear end that is caused by my managers. :headache:

Oh, that's not what you had in mind.

:upsidedow

Oh my gosh Judy, do we work in the same office???:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That was a perfect description of my environment.

Panda,

I used to have really bad muscle knots in my back, in the shoulder blade area, and tightness on the left side of my neck. Regular trips to the chiropractor has solved that problem.

Pain now hits me in the left hip area, which is linked with the IT band. I stretch after runs, and on off days. I used to foam roller, but graduated to either a tennis ball or piece of PVC pipe to break up the scar tissue adhesions. Painful yes, but does the job, that allows me to keep on running. :thumbsup2

Dave, I get the atypical prerace phantom pains...hip flexors, arches, PF flare, etcetera. Funny thing is that they go away immediately after the gun goes off!!

Dave, I get the atypical prerace phantom pains...hip flexors, arches, PF flare, etcetera. Funny thing is that they go away immediately after the gun goes off!!

I do the same thing. Lots of little body parts trying to tell me they don't think racing is a good idea. I can usually beat them into submission or bribe them with a promise of a cold beer after the race.

YARC Panda:hippie:

I developed a weird pain in my left hip/butt when I was running one day. I was short on time and just wanting to finish my run so I ignored it. It got worse the longer I ran but I managed to finish. I stretched out and went to sit down and check e-mail. I found that I had a lot of pain in my back and all the way down my left leg. Turns out I strained a muscle that irritated the SI nerve. Took a while to heal and my PT told me it happened because I lacked core strength so my knees and back muscles were doing all the work. Before I injured myself, I never realized how much work the core does to support the body. Now I know :)

Judy/Jeff - I also have that same "pain" too. A side effect of working in any office I suppose ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter