YAY!! Just booked our first trip to DL!

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to shar ethat I justed booked our first trip to DL and DCA!!! 6 nights at the Grand Californian with a theme park view. Wow I am so excited I can hardly contain it. After all these WDW trips it will be so nice to finally see Walts first park!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :jumping1: :disrocks: :rockband: :dancer: :dancer: :rockband:

How Exciting! I hopeyou are as impressed as we were on our first trip. I liked it so much Ive been back once and have another trip planned...all within 6 months of my first visit. :goodvibes

Everything is just down scaled! I didn't realize how much smaller it is than MK, until our last trip there. We just got back. Some things I like better at DL. (like Indiana Jones ride, which MK doesn't have! Also the Matterhorn!) It's nice, but I have to say, we like WDW better. There is just so much more there!
You'll have fun! It's Disney for cryin' out loud!
Stephanie

Hope you have a great trip. We stayed at the GCH on our last trip and felt pampered. The cast members/staff were awesome. We loved being able to go back to the hotel in the afternoon and take a break from the park. We went with extended family members with kids as well. We had at least one meal as a whole family and "margaritas ate the pool at 2pm" every day. We had lunch poolside via white water snacks and then the kids got to enjoy the pools while us parents got to relax with our choice of beverages. It's hard to go back to disneyland without staying there now. We're going on the cheap in april but planning a trip staying at GCH with dh's family for late summer-early fall. They too are excited by "margaritas-pool-2pm". Have lots of fun, enjoy all the hotel has to offer.

You will love it! Hey and its very different than WDW so if your vacation permits leave DL for a bit and visit the CA beaches and maybe even some of the other attractions. CA has its own kinda atmosphere.

We are gonna go to the San Diego zoo while we are there but that is the only un Disney activity we have planned... has anyone been ? How was it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter