*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Breaking news: my TA emailed me about an offer and it's now showing on the Disney site:

Click on the Learn More under the current Covid closure notice and then click on the Packages tab. Interestingly it doesn't mention exact dates but my TA specifically said valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then).

We will likely still not take advantage of this because of health concerns but I am curious about late Sept. pricing.

My TA urgently called me late tonight to tell me the news about this deal. It's coincidental to me because I told myself earlier today that this weekend I will finally accept my fate and reschedule our trip. I had been looking at months and dates with DH and was going back and forth between June, August, and November. After the TA called me and told me the dates of this deal, it was pretty much an immediate decision for us on what our best option will be. So it looks like I'll sadly say goodbye to our May dates officially, and now look forward to mid-August. I think it's nice of Disney to do this. They really don't have to offer anything to the existing reservations. It'll be interesting to see how construction project dates change though!

My TA urgently called me late tonight to tell me the news about this deal. It's coincidental to me because I told myself earlier today that this

if you don't mind, what was your previous package and what is your new package and the new price? thanks !

We don't need tickets, but we do book room and dining plan when we go.

if you don't mind, what was your previous package and what is your new package and the new price? thanks !

We don't need tickets, but we do book room and dining plan when we go.
Unfortunately you do need minimum 2 day tickets with this offer

My TA urgently called me late tonight to tell me the news about this deal. It's coincidental to me because I told myself earlier today that this weekend I will finally accept my fate and reschedule our trip. I had been looking at months and dates with DH and was going back and forth between June, August, and November. After the TA called me and told me the dates of this deal, it was pretty much an immediate decision for us on what our best option will be. So it looks like I'll sadly say goodbye to our May dates officially, and now look forward to mid-August. I think it's nice of Disney to do this. They really don't have to offer anything to the existing reservations. It'll be interesting to see how construction project dates change though!
I plan to call tomorrow to change our May 1st-9 th reservation to late September. Had really hoped things would be different but have pretty much accepted May is not going to happen. It has been fun planning along with all of you and perhaps I will see some of you over in the September thread.
I guess it is MNSSHP instead of VAH and hopefully there will also be a DAH event they change change our tickets to.

I plan to call tomorrow to change our May 1st-9 th reservation to late September. Had really hoped things would be different but have pretty much accepted May is not going to happen. It has been fun planning along with all of you and perhaps I will see some of you over in the September thread.
I guess it is MNSSHP instead of VAH and hopefully there will also be a DAH event they change change our tickets to.

Still holding out hope for our May 23 trip. First time staying at Wilderness Lodge. We are going in September but the May trip was going to be a large family trip. We were taking my MIL for her first visit and one of our grandsons first visit. If we have to cancel the May then they won't be ble to go until next year since my daughter is a school teacher. The September trip is for F&W and right now is only my husband and I. We may bring our 2 other adult daughters. If we cancel May then we will get a lot of points back since we were doing a split stay CL at Wilderness lodge and a 2br villa at Copper Creek. I talked to CM yesterday via the chat on the WDW site and I asked in her opinion should I cancel or wait it out and she said she would wait it out in her opinion. Nothing official, but I really hope it opens by the second week in May or sooner. Slim chance is better than no chance.

I chatted online today with Disney reservations and was told that since my May trip was booked through Undercover Tourist, I don't qualify. Not sure if that's true or not. I tried calling but was on hold for 35 minutes and my family was hungry for lunch so I guess I'll try again later. Might reconsider my August trip if I get a deal with free dining.

We are renting points through a DVC member over Memorial Day week. Check in the 23rd. Noticed this morning I can not change dining reservations, they are still there but I can’t alter them. I was able to alter a fast pass. For now we are holding on to a bit of hope. We have AP’s so no need for tickets.

We are renting points through a DVC member over Memorial Day week. Check in the 23rd. Noticed this morning I can not change dining reservations, they are still there but I can’t alter them. I was able to alter a fast pass. For now we are holding on to a bit of hope. We have AP’s so no need for tickets.

We arrive May 23 also for the first portion of our trip we are at Wilderness lodge then we move to a 2br villa Copper Creek. I really hope our vacation is still on but at least I have one booked for the end of September.

I called first thing this morning and was on hold for 2 hours and 12 minutes. When I spoke to the cast member he said since I did not have a package originally I would not be able to get the free dining. I asked in many different ways as what the website indicates it is for packages and room only reservations so was not understanding why we could not get this offer. I did keep my May reservation and booked the back up. Guess we will see what happens.
Anyone else hear anything different on this “offer”.

I am holding on to my May 15 res as long as I can. It's 6.5 weeks away yet.

I called first thing this morning and was on hold for 2 hours and 12 minutes. When I spoke to the cast member he said since I did not have a package originally I would not be able to get the free dining. I asked in many different ways as what the website indicates it is for packages and room only reservations so was not understanding why we could not get this offer. I did keep my May reservation and booked the back up. Guess we will see what happens.
I would definitely try again with a different CM. You are correct in that it seems to be for room only also. Edit - Saw somewhere on another thread that you need to have cancelled (with proof that you had a May res) to book the free dining pkg, so maybe that is the issue.

I've been on hold for a little over an hour, we are going to move our trip to late September. Since we are missing our May trip and going to cancel our October cruise, we are upgrading to AKL from CSR, super excited about that, we've never stayed there before.

Right now, this is a wonderful distraction for me, the news is way too stressful!

I would definitely try again with a different CM. You are correct in that it seems to be for room only also. Edit - Saw somewhere on another thread that you need to have cancelled (with proof that you had a May res) to book the free dining pkg, so maybe that is the issue.
Thanks. Yes I have not canceled my May reservation and the CM was looking at it. I believe you are correct in saying I may need to speak to a different CM. I have a friend who is a TA and when I told her about it she said she will look into it and get back with me. Let’s hope it is a mute point and by some miracle they are able to open by May 1st. 🙏

I have a 5/30-6/7 trip booked. 5/30 I rented points to stay at Riviera and 5/31-6/7 are our own points. The 5/30 points are expiring 5/31 so if Disney doesn't reopen at least resorts, I will lose out on that money. In any case, I made some contingency plans today (booked 6/7 and 6/8 at AKL with a passholder discount). I tried to move some ADRs around but nothing shows available before June 1.

I chatted online today with Disney reservations and was told that since my May trip was booked through Undercover Tourist, I don't qualify. Not sure if that's true or not. I tried calling but was on hold for 35 minutes and my family was hungry for lunch so I guess I'll try again later. Might reconsider my August trip if I get a deal with free dining.
Yes it's true, the offer is for guests who booked directly with Disney only.

Ok so for May you have a room only? If you booked directly through Disney you should absolutely be eligible for FD but of course you need o make it a package and book between 6/1-9/30. Give a call back, they won't add it to a new reservation you made today if that's what you did but since you have May it'll still work.

Nope you do not need to have cancelled to be eligible :)

@ariane37 thank you so much. I will try again. Appreciate the information. I am glad I didn’t go ahead and cancel the May reservation yet. Good luck all and hope our paths cross some day. I have really enjoyed interacting with everyone here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter