Yeah! I just booked free dining for September

haley's mom

DIS Veteran
So with the economy my DH and I said we probably would not return to WDW in 2009. There have been layoffs at both of our works and we did not want to commit in case one or both of us were out of work.

My Birthday is October 5th and we said if we both were working we would go in Ocotber and take advantage of the bday gift card. Well, free dining is so much better, only we need to go 1 week earlier.

I convinced DH to let me book and put $200 deposit that we could cancel as late as mid-August. We will wait on airfar until it's a little closer.

Here's hoping the economy picks up a little and we are both still working so we can take DD6 to WDW again!!!

cool! I booked for the end of September too. We also said we wouldn't be back in 2009...we have a DD in college and I work as hard as I can to pay for that without taking any loans. Then FD came out...I caved, lol! I booked it yesterday with the understanding that I may cancel depending on how much I can save for the trip between now and then. I'm going for my 40th b'day...I told DH I don't want a party or anything like that ~ I just want to be in Disney! Fingers crossed for both of us :goodvibes

OP, you can book for the week of your b-day. The last day to check in is Oct 3.

What are the crowds like at the end of September? I see that Epcot will be busy with the Wine Festival but overall .. is the end of September a good time to go? It would be my DD (age 7) and myself.

Wow, congrats. Free dining is really great. Hope it turns out good for both of you and will bring your DD with you in a trip.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter