Yeah. My D40 arrived.

Congratulations; just in time for some weekend experimentation. Have fun!

~Y

I got the 18-55 and the 55-200. I have ordered (should be here on Monday :thumbsup2 ) the Sigma 30/1.4. I am so excited.

On the short list: 18-200VR
Maybe someday: 70-300VR

Any advice?

I just got the 18-200 VR for my D40. It is great only having to use one lens but when it is out to 200, it is really long! And it is heavier that the other lenses (I got the same 2 you did originally).

First off- be :yay: :yay: :yay:

Just a thought- If it was me I would go for the 70-300 over the 18-200 since you already have the 18-200 range covered. The 70-300 will be sharper at 200mm than either the 55-200 or the 18-200- plus it has the additional range.

Enjoy your camera!

Awesome!! I am sure you will have tons of fun. You may want to check out the book "Understanding Exposure." It is an excellent book that discusses metering and adjusting aperture/shutter speed to get some good pictures.

Another little suggestion that I received from one of my friends: he told me to shoot in manual mode to begin with so that I could learn how adjusting aperture/shutter speed/ISO will affect the exposure. It was really intimidating when I started doing it, but it helped teach me how light works and how you can control the amount/rate of light that gets to your sensor. This is merely a suggestion, though, and I am sure that others may disagree with me on that advice.

That 30mm prime lens should be really fun to shoot with .... have fun ... and congrats!!

Awesome!! I am sure you will have tons of fun. You may want to check out the book "Understanding Exposure." It is an excellent book that discusses metering and adjusting aperture/shutter speed to get some good pictures.

Another little suggestion that I received from one of my friends: he told me to shoot in manual mode to begin with so that I could learn how adjusting aperture/shutter speed/ISO will affect the exposure. It was really intimidating when I started doing it, but it helped teach me how light works and how you can control the amount/rate of light that gets to your sensor. This is merely a suggestion, though, and I am sure that others may disagree with me on that advice.

That 30mm prime lens should be really fun to shoot with .... have fun ... and congrats!!

It's not that bad an idea on the manual, but I tend more to recommend using Av mode. That way you control ISO and apeture, and the camera picks the Shutter speed. Or TV mode that way you control Shutter speed and ISO and the camera picks the apeture.

This allows you to focus on less items, while retaining your creative control. Just my 2 cents (which won't even get you a gumball now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter