YEKCIM Family Vacation, Part II (10 IMG)

YEKCIM

DIS Veteran
Part I was our visit to Colonial Williamsburg. The balance of the week was spent meandering our way back to Alabama, via the Blue Ridge Parkway. Here are a few shots from that part of our journey:

Mabry Mill, Milepost 176:

572435559_YRN7T-X3.jpg

Wagon wheel, Mabry Mill, Milepost 176:

572438094_9VHR3-X3.jpg

Guest Musician, Blue Ridge Music Center, Milepost 213:

572445760_rbkiJ-X3.jpg

My sidekick, Bluffs Lodge, Milepost 241:

572446545_SawiA-X3.jpg

Mountain Laurel, Bluffs Lodge, Milepost 241:

572454964_bcj6W-X3.jpg

Walking Trail, Doughton Park, Milepost 242:

572451013_yofrF-X3.jpg

Old Rural Building, near Boone, NC (not on the Parkway):

572457781_9TAqF-X3.jpg

Crabtree Falls, Milepost 340:

572459452_bvqZY-X3.jpg

Rhondodendron and winged visitor, Craggy Gardens, Milepost 365:

572465770_hQTwW-X3.jpg

Mountain Laurel and Flame Azalea, Milepost unknown, but probably around 425:

572472226_bcszL-X3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~Ed

Ed,

Two thumbs up!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I love 1 & 3, but all of them are fantastic. Looks like you had a great vacation---looking forward to seeing more (if there are any) :goodvibes

Any idea what the milepost 241 flower is? It is a very cool looking vine. All of the pictures are fantastic. Your family is very lucky to have such a great photographer to preserve memories for them.

Ed,

Two thumbs up!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I love 1 & 3, but all of them are fantastic. Looks like you had a great vacation---looking forward to seeing more (if there are any) :goodvibes

Thanks, Anne. The full gallery is HERE if anyone is interested.

Any idea what the milepost 241 flower is? It is a very cool looking vine. All of the pictures are fantastic. Your family is very lucky to have such a great photographer to preserve memories for them.

Thanks. The flower in that photo and the last one is mountain laurel, which is very common all along the Parkway in May/June.

~Ed

I'll have to look for the Mountain Laurel - living in middle TN, I'm assuming it would grow just fine here also. Thanks for the name.

really nice photos again, looked through the whole set.
one of our favorite vacation areas although we usually go in early fall( ie sept) to avoid the traffic but then we miss the rhododendrons which are so amazing.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. It was a nice trip and the new gear certainly got a good workout. Next stop, WDW in November.

~Ed

Some very nice photos, thanks for sharing! We love the Blue Ridge Parkway and spent some quality time on it last weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter