Yet another water & camera question

Me!Thatswho

DIS Veteran
Out of curiosity, has anyone used dicapac bags for camera protection? In addition to my Pentax K20D, I have a Canon S3is. Seeing how it is serves as my p&s, I usually take it when we go to places were I am nervous to use the K20D. After seeing numerous great water park pics here, and elsewhere, that were either taken with a water proof camera or a p&s in a case/bag, it made me think about picking one up for the S3. After searching, the I stumbled upon the dicapacs. However, my fear, of course, is that it won't fit and/or work correctly. So, as mentioned, has anyone either used the dicapacs, or, ideally, has anyone used it with a Canon S3-type camera?

Thanks in advance!

I would be concerned that the lens extends so far out and the bag might prevent it from operating correctly. Do you have the adapter tube for your S3? It would help with that as long as the bag is large enough to accommodate it.

No. I don't have the adapter tube. But the image of the bag for the that is compatible with the S3 seems to have enough room for the lens to extend.

Here an image from another site:
41fDSQfW3bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But, then again, I'm not sure, which is why I'm asking.

Now that you mention, I think I agree. However, after going back to site - Amazon if I'm allowed to mention the dealer - it appears that the image I posted was a stock photo for different several sizes of the bag. So, I suppose we should just ignore it.

How does your Aquapac work with the Nikon? Have you had an issues? Since I'm still in the exploration stages, I'm not locked on to any brand yet. I just want something that does what it's supposed to do.

It works great with the Nikon, but it is a really small pocketable camera. I didn't see an Aquapac that would fit my S2 very well.

Hmmm. Pocketable. You know, after lugging around the tank that is the K20D, having a pocketable camera sounds appealing. Maybe I'll expand my research and begin looking into waterproof p&s, or reg p&s with a smaller bag.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter