Yikes! Thinking of a solo trip just to focus on photography

First off, thanks so much for all the input. I had no idea so many people had felt the solo photo urge!

Now I just have to see if I really really REALLY want to do this! Will keep everyone posted!

Again, thanks!

When I was at Disney without the family and was taking pictures, I was stopped and questioned by security a couple of times. Nothing harsh, they just had questions. I don't think it was because I was by myself though; I suspect that it was more of a concern about my appearance.
Based on that photo we saw, you'd probably be questioned by security anywhere you went! :teeth:

"Uhhh, sir... you're not carrying a Space Mountain ride vehicle in that pouch on your belt, are you?" :lmao:

I still think it'd be fun to bring in a large-format camera some day, which'd surely get some questions, but I doubt it'll ever happen (with me, at least).

Well, ladies and gentlemen... its a done deal! Glad I waited a day because for some strange reason my airfare went down ten bucks! :cool1:

Another question, where are some of your favorite out-of-the-way places to shoot at? Not necessarily super-top-secret locales, just places where a person might not think to go?

Good for you-

One of my favorite places to shoot are the walking trails at AK- in Africa and Asia. Another thought- if you are staaying at a Disney resort- is to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours. That may give you a less crowded or different perspective on one of the parks.

If you make a reservation for an early breakfast at crystal palace in the magic kingdom, you can get in the park before it opens and take a few pictures down main street on your way to the restaurant. It is a good time to get shots with no people in them.

And it is nice morning light.

Mikeeee

I am so envious. Have a fantastic time.

The closest I think I will ever get is when my family wants to do Disney Quest and I get to roam around DTD by myself taking photos while they are designing their own roller coaster. Oh well - I will take what I can get. ;)

Yep, I enjoy my solo photo WDW trips. They are different from other trips, if I want to wait for a few monorails to go by so I can try different exposure settings it's ok. It's not so ok on family trips! ;)

There's the luxury of stopping to change lenses multiple times, wait for certain lighting, etc.

Take lots of memory cards, a tripod, lenses... go for it!

ITA !! :yay:
Absolutely look forward to my solo trip. I take one every year and usually around the F&GF because the park is soooo pretty...
Once you try it..you'll be hooked...and probably extend days in the future.
Go for it !!:thumbsup2

Ya Hoo ...You did it !!!!

My wife did a girls-only cruise in January... and has said that I can take a trip without her one of these days if I want.

But she did say, "don't you dare go to Disney World without me." :lmao: So I guess no solo trips for me for a while. :teeth:

i had a difficult time( ie guilt) going without the grown kids much less without my hub..now if they'd just put hammocks in the parks i could leave him for a nap and shoot for an hr or two:rotfl2: actually i might do that at the resort next time.( he'd flip if i went to a park by myself, i think he imagines me wandering around lost and penniless;) :confused3 i don't know what he thought i did before we got married:rotfl: )

i had a difficult time( ie guilt) going without the grown kids much less without my hub..now if they'd just put hammocks in the parks i could leave him for a nap and shoot for an hr or two:rotfl2: actually i might do that at the resort next time.( he'd flip if i went to a park by myself, i think he imagines me wandering around lost and penniless;) :confused3 i don't know what he thought i did before we got married:rotfl: )

LOL...I just left my DH in Germany drinking beer and downing bratwurst. He had his fun, and I got in an hour and 1/2 of photo time by myself.

Ummm... probably thought that you were wandering around lost and penniless!

Good thing you "rescued" you, eh? :teeth: Men are so considerate. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter