You’re Driving Straight Through? No Thanks…I’ll Stay Home

I just found your trip report today and am now all caught up. Looks like such a fun trip! Love the Snow White window, and I would absolutely have given up tickets to Seth's show for that meal. I would love to see the parade in person one day. Your photos are wonderful!

We next went through the Ghost Busters room.

wax120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Doesn’t she look so real?

wax122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now we spent a lot of time in the next area. Aunt Mary spoils the girls…and us…and had prepurchased a package where the girls could get wax hands made and also so all of us could do a ghost busters virtual reality experience. The line for the hands wasn’t super long, but they only had 1 and at times 2 people working it and they worked with each person till they were completely done, so it took quite a while to get those made.

wax125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took video of Claire getting hers done.

https://www.facebook.com/jenseib/videos/vb.1256074446/10215130934487501/?type=3

Do you hear the screaming in the background….that was people going through the Ghost Busters Experience.

Gail insisted that Abby and Alexis get theirs done at the same time.

wax36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Also while we waited, the kids (and me and Rob) did some more photos.

am4wlh4r9qxjt8jcm3ty45ev9m8ew6cn5w5grwvwg59yv6y98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had us do some stupid poses.

353exue61qxs46ope126iqyp0aj47znvhromomb8fg5ewk77rd by Jenseib, on Flickr

6oue5m34in2uxv69m151ll7uu15vn35jvael5guqp10g8toey by Jenseib, on Flickr

222vdz687nuh6w907jrjbah2g2i283s22i1asknr9wxteukb67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire refused to do any.

7bgnm9z0qsw377zgmvdk5fopej3ewiiu3sb15mxo4yp5fh6do by Jenseib, on Flickr

3he089j1z17ymecw9b4whc0b7jaollmzk5cwdo7p8m3oz7mk8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

2v8i1gy0ck1k7aowsqy2ih5w5qgnrjmu3u2va38twtutcwagsy by Jenseib, on Flickr

2pkqh1nj2im4q0ks5pmrkwmizx1ufepfe4epilf245asojgrqo by Jenseib, on Flickr

2mmz0vx1zzxa43ct1014cwqxki3rbh2j19fmlgixp5it7qko7u by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time to suit up for our experience. The girls went in earlier with Rob…I think… Amanda, Aunt Mary and Geoff had gone in while we were working on the hands…. Mom didn’t want to do it, so she gave her ticket to Amanda who went in with Gail and I.

wax130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I don’t know why people were screaming as it wasn’t scary. But we laughed so much.

We started out but one of our guns wasn’t working so they made us come back to start over. With the googles on it looks like you are in a room or outside….with them off, each room is just painted black.

Guns were fixed and we started back over. We had to shoot the ghost and complete tasks to move on. We did terrible but we had a lot of fun. At times it made you think that one wrong move and you would plummet to your death. We all compared experiences and Rob is competitive and of course he did the best.

I believe Mom and Aunt Mary were tired and decided to leave so they had moved on at some point and I think they took the waxed hands with them.

We moved on.

wax128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a small King Kong room

wax129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then came into a gift shop area and it had some wax figures and bathrooms. Of course we used the restroom…and then played once again.

nyc39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My daughter Paige had been a big Spice Girls fan back in the day…so I had to take a bunch of pics and send them to her.

wax131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just found your trip report today and am now all caught up. Looks like such a fun trip! Love the Snow White window, and I would absolutely have given up tickets to Seth's show for that meal. I would love to see the parade in person one day. Your photos are wonderful!

Thanks for reading!
The parade really is fantastic to see in person.

Moving on to the Avengers room. Now I will be honest. Claire and I have not watched many of these movies. We go to see a lot of movies, but we never really got started in the beginning when Iron Man came out and so many told us we really need to see them all….so we just didn’t go to see them. Well we have heard this new movie is just amazing…And actually on Mother’s Day I asked Gail about it and she wouldn’t tell me anything…however, Abby told me EVERYTHING! Gail said if you want spoilers…go to Abby. Hahahah. So Claire and I have decided we want to see this new movie….and to prepare we have been binge watching all the other movies in order. We have now seen them all and went a week or so ago and saw Infinity War….OMG….Why have we not been watching these movies before now?????

So back to our tour….we are now entering the Avengers room.

wax58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we had to play around with Hulk.

nyc41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire loves Thor…even before seeing the movie.

wax54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was another fun room!

Moving on….with our Cover Girls

wax39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They played on some fashion making computers.

wax11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This room was a quick walk through as I don’t like sports.

wax135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a few more stars.

wax31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

In the final area we had to wait for an elevator to exit and it took forever.

wax137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

wax138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once the elevator arrived we took it down and exited and headed back to the Marriott.

We were tired but I think we still may have gone back to Mary and Geoff’s room to chat for a while.

Then off to bed as we had another busy day tomorrow!

What a blast! I've never been to that museum...I'll have to check it, maybe next visit.

Friday, Nov. 24, 2017

We all know that the day after Thanksgiving is for shopping…and where better to do it than NYC!

Aunt Mary decided to order a van to drive us over to Macy’s as a group. We told her not to but she insisted it was cheaper than taking taxis….I am pretty sure she is wrong (more like lying), but you just can’t argue with her.

We gathered in the hall to get ready to leave.

nyc199 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc236 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we headed down and our party van was waiting.

nyc209 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda was feeling sick again and Aunt Mary was staying with her till she decided if she was well enough to come.

nyc163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc235 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda felt a little better and Aunt Mary messaged us that they were on their way down.

nyc210 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc186 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we went. Really, Macy’s is not that far away and we could even walk to it if we wanted to. But this made Aunt Mary happy.

First thing we did was head to an area where you can pick up a discount visitor pass, only to find out that they had a better pass for this weekend for everyone. In reality, I wasn’t here to shop, so it didn’t matter to me.

macy45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then Abby wrote a letter to Santa.

nyc234 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took various pictures while she worked on her letter.

macy46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were filming, but I couldn’t get close enough to see if it was the news or something else.

macy6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

All finished

nyc164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed to see Santa. Last time we were able to schedule an appointment and basically got in the “fastpass” line for Santa. We had read it was going to be a little different this year, but we weren’t clear on it. So Gail checks us in and the tell us to get in line….the line wraps around and around and through all sorts of departments. Gail goes back and tells them no, we have an appointment. They tell her the appointment is to get in line….that’s it! The line we found out was going to be over 2 hours. We asked the kids….mainly Abby…if they wanted to wait or not. The 2 older said no, and Abby said she didn’t want to wait and would see him some other time…so they went and shopped around and I went outside to look at the window displays.

The theme was basically Christmas in New York.

macy48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Selfie time.

nyc233 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then turned the corner to see the windows on the other side of the building. This one seems to have the same theme for several years, which is “Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus”.

macy21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I moved on around the building and looked at other windows as well.

macy29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then took some shots of the Empire State Building.

macy33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

More windows.

macy35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I decided to walk the complete circle around Macy’s and came across these parked along one street.

macy39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Teeny Tiny Police cars. They cracked me up.

macy62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then across the street…this was in an upper window. You just KNOW someone did this on purpose.

macy63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went back inside then and eventually met up with the family. Some had left and others were shopping. While I waited for them all to come down I took a few pictures.

macy40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc230 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed outside as the rest of the family wanted to look at the windows.

nyc166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc167 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

macy44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We moved on and did some shopping in nearby stores. Claire and Alexis had a few places they wanted to go to, but neither bought much.

I have been away on vacation, but I am all caught up again.

Madame Tussauds!

Oh, I had not realized that there was one in New York.

We made a stop with Michael Jackson. I used to be a huge fan when I was in highschool…a LONG time ago….back when he was semi normal.

I used to be a huge fan, too. He does look really fake though.

Jennifer Aniston….looked fake and though it looked like her somewhat…it didn’t totally look like her.

If you had not said who this was, I would never have guessed.

I loved all the photos at Madame Tussaud's. All the themed areas are amazing. Maybe I need to schedule another visit to the one in London. It is years since I last went and it was nothing like this.

They tell her the appointment is to get in line….that’s it! The line we found out was going to be over 2 hours.

That is ridiculous. I would have been so mad.

Corinna

Loving all your pics! We just saw Alladin last month in Cleveland. Dh was expecting more, and was dissappointed that there eas no Abu the monkey. Our genie was fabulous.

I cant believe the line for Santa was that long! Thats longer than the lines for the coasters at Cedar Point! Lol

Madame Tussauds looks like fun, but some of those folks definitely loooked too plastic...

I have been away on vacation, but I am all caught up again.

That's ok...I have been so slow to update. I have been so busy with work and life in general. It seems like I don't get much time to get on the computer lately and when I do it's to do work.

Oh, I had not realized that there was one in New York.

Yep! It wasn't too far from our hotel either.

I used to be a huge fan, too. He does look really fake though.

It wasn't the best look for him. hahaha

If you had not said who this was, I would never have guessed.

Yeah, I wouldn't have either without her sign.

I loved all the photos at Madame Tussaud's. All the themed areas are amazing. Maybe I need to schedule another visit to the one in London. It is years since I last went and it was nothing like this.

I had always heard from people how fun this place is and I thought...how could a bunch of wax statues be fun? Now we know!

That is ridiculous. I would have been so mad.

Yes, so many people were upset with how they did this.

Loving all your pics! We just saw Alladin last month in Cleveland. Dh was expecting more, and was dissappointed that there eas no Abu the monkey. Our genie was fabulous.

The first time I saw it at Disneyland (a little different version but similar) I thought it was odd they totally left him out. Then DCL's version is pretty close to what DL had so I got used to it.

I cant believe the line for Santa was that long! Thats longer than the lines for the coasters at Cedar Point! Lol

I know!!!

Madame Tussauds looks like fun, but some of those folks definitely loooked too plastic...

But then again...some folks look plastic alive! hahaha

So sorry I am only posting sporadically. It's been a busy few weeks. I have been helping watch the grandkids a bit as well....and they are a full time job!

The girls still wanted to ice skate, as did Gail, but I had no desire. Just thinking about it made my feet hurt. Aunt Mary scheduled a time slot at Bryant Park, so we all parted ways as Gail, Alexis, Abby, Claire and Geoff went that way and I headed back to the hotel.

As I was walking I saw Guy’s restaurant. Cool! I took a picture for Skip since I think he has a man crush on him.

nyc229 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then stopped in a deli and got a sandwich. That was one thing I wanted to do this trip. Last time we were here it seemed like our meals were mostly scheduled…mainly because Amanda has food allergies and freaks out before traveling as she is worried about what and where she can eat. As we planned this trip, I stated not to include me in all the meals they were reserving because I wanted to try some other foods and places.

I wasn’t super hungry right now, but it seemed like a good time to pick up a sandwich and I took it back to the room and ate half and ate the other half later.

While we relaxed back at the hotel, Geoff sent pictures of the girls skating.

nyc228 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc175 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc174 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc173 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They said Claire was a natural and picked it up immediately. She was that way with roller skating and roller blading too.

nyc169 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back at the hotel the girls all gathered in one room and chilled and snacked and laughed.

nyc188 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc176 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So tonight was one of those nights where they had a reservation for dinner. I believe at a steak house, but I don’t remember now. I decided early on that I wanted to go to a New York Pizza place. My friend Nikki suggested Johns, so I researched it and it looked great. Claire and I were going to go there. Gail and Rob decided to have a date night, and made a reservation somewhere else. I said the girls could go with us since they seemed to want pizza over the other place.

As the day went on, Amanda started feeling sick again and it was up in the air whether the rest would go there or not. Well she ended up not feeling well enough to go out and Aunt Mary, Geoff and Mom decided they would come with us as well.

Off to John’s we go!

The place was crowded and the line was out the door. Mom grumbled a bit…as she hates to wait for anything. She eats like a bird and then is to the point of starving when she does eat, so she is not patient when we have to wait. I knew going in this would have a wait and that is just how it is.

nyc316 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We actually got seated fairly fast I thought…considering the line.

nyc317 by Jenseib, on Flickr

John’s is in an old church and the building is really neat.

nyc226 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had these little pizza making stations all over.

johns4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Gail and Rob sent a date night picture.

nyc171 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got a couple of pizzas and I think some bread knots too and mozzarella triangles.

johns8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc318 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was really really good! We had a great time and enjoyed our meal! And for 7 of us, the price wasn’t bad.

johns1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

johns6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back to the hotel then.

nyc189 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When we got back to the hotel, Amanda was feeling better again and she wanted to head out and do a little shopping…At the Kylie Jenner pop up store.

Amanda and the girls are obsessed with Kylie’s make up and they wanted to take a look, so we headed off to Rockefeller Center.

This store was within a store and we headed upstairs and got in line. We lucked out as the line had been out the door earlier in the day…now it was just a small line.

nyc319 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had to get their picture with the sign in the back ground.

nyc320 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was picked over, but there was still a lot left and the girls loaded up on what they wanted. I did get some lipsticks too and I will admit they are good.

Back outside we watched the lights on Saks for a bit.

Video

I believe Gail met up with us there once her date night was over.

Geoff bought some chestnuts to try….we found out we do not like them….gross!

Video

nyc45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc321 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Geoff wanted to go look at the Saks windows again, so we headed that way.

Love the Disney Music!

Video

nyc322 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc323 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Gail, Geoff and Alexis separated from us and I believe they headed back to the hotel.

nyc172 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back across the street to take some more pictures.

nyc324 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda, Claire and I.

nyc225 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It’s just so pretty at night.

nyc49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to stop and check out the star.

rock28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then pictures

rock29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rock30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc252 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then we slowly made our way back to the Marriott.

nyc253 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc254 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc255 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc256 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc258 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc259 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc262 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc326 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc327 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc328 by Jenseib, on Flickr

nyc329 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took quick Times Square video

And we headed back to our rooms and finished up our packing since tomorrow we all would be leaving.

I'm enjoying your report SO much! Your pictures are beautiful. I live in Connecticut (about 2 hours away) and haven't been to NYC at Christmastime in many years, but your report is inspiring me to go again!

It seems like I don't get much time to get on the computer lately and when I do it's to do work.

That is how it seems to go with me at the moment. Still, I am not complaining.

The girls still wanted to ice skate, as did Gail, but I had no desire.

I am with you on this.

John’s is in an old church and the building is really neat.

This sounds really cool.

It was picked over, but there was still a lot left and the girls loaded up on what they wanted.

I am glad that they lucked out.

Geoff bought some chestnuts to try….we found out we do not like them….gross!

I love chestnuts.

That so reminds me of It's A Small World.

Corinna

Joining in. Great report so far, luvin all the pics. The picture with Elmo with the bag on his back made me lol and that Olaf float in the macy's parade is a teeny tiny bit freaky

Beautiful!

Thanks

I'm enjoying your report SO much! Your pictures are beautiful. I live in Connecticut (about 2 hours away) and haven't been to NYC at Christmastime in many years, but your report is inspiring me to go again!

Thanks
It really is so pretty at Christmas time

That is how it seems to go with me at the moment. Still, I am not complaining.

Yes, I am enjoying doing other things besides planting myself in front of the computer lately. I just try and keep up with my work

I am with you on this.

I have never been an ice skating fan...for myself that is. I enjoy watching it.

This sounds really cool.

John's was such a neat place and so yummy too

I am glad that they lucked out.

They were crazy going through all the stuff. LOL

I love chestnuts.

Are they supposed to be soft?

That so reminds me of It's A Small World.

Yes!

Joining in. Great report so far, luvin all the pics. The picture with Elmo with the bag on his back made me lol and that Olaf float in the macy's parade is a teeny tiny bit freaky

Welcome! Glad to see you back!

The balloons are are really small compered to what I thought they would be on when you see them on TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter