You can now upload a picture directly in to your post!

All of my photos are uploaded to Shutterfly. I have thousands of photos there, going back to 2009. Once they are there, all I do to get them here is

1. Open the photo in shutterfly, right click and select "save image as" and I choose desktop.
2. Once on my desktop to get them on here, I just click the "upload a file" button and choose the photos from my desktop.

Easy peasy and I don't have to resize anything.
Thanks but I don't have shutterfly. Is there a fee?

I have it figured out by sending it via email from my phone and making it smaller. I have to do one at a time. It's going to be a while and a probably won't post many pics but at least I can now do more than one a post.

Rather than messing around with scaling and uploading files, I'll often just use the standard Windows Snipping Tool to drag a outline round a portion of my PC screen, and then just Control+V (paste) that into my DIS post. For example, it takes about four seconds to do something like:

upload_2018-6-4_16-16-29.png

(of course it makes more sense if you have a photo on the screen when you snip the image :) )

Andre

Thanks but I don't have shutterfly. Is there a fee?

Totally free :thumbsup2

Rather than messing around with scaling and uploading files, I'll often just use the standard Windows Snipping Tool to drag a outline round a portion of my PC screen, and then just Control+V (paste) that into my DIS post. For example, it takes about four seconds to do something like:

View attachment 327170

(of course it makes more sense if you have a photo on the screen when you snip the image :) )

Andre

And there's another way to do it, that's cool, thanks. I could probably do that on my Mac too :-)

Hi,

I started a new trip report, but I've only been able to download 10 pictures. How do I load more?

I want to start my trip report but have never posted a photo so will do a test here from my Mac. (DCL trip to Victoria, BC)

Unknown.jpeg

I want to get photos to be 5x4. Is there a quick way to do that?

Probably the easiest way would be to use your computer's snipping tool:
  • First open the photo that you wish to use in your PC's regular photo viewing program.
  • Then run the Snipping Tool (from the Start menu) and select/drag the mouse over your picture to pick the size and shape of the selection that you want. This will place it on the clipboard (don't make it too big or it might not be allowed for uploading to the DIS).
  • Finally, go back to the DISboard post-message editor in your browser and press Control-V (i.e. 'paste') to insert the copied image area into your post.
Andre

Test Test.

Please disregard this post. I'm trying to learn how to upload pictures for a trip report. So glad I found this thread, along with the recommendation to use the Snipping Tool.

upload_2018-8-11_16-13-55.png

Test Test.

https://imgur.com/lWrkoR2

upload_2018-9-14_19-32-15-png.350898

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I’m having some major issues with posting photos in my current Trip Report, would someone be able to help me?

So, I’m having some major issues with posting photos in my current Trip Report, would someone be able to help me?

I believe you can't post photos until you have 10 posts.
It appears that I was incorrect about needing 10 posts to post photos.

However, what issue do you seem to be having?

To post photos from your computer here on DISboards, you can either drag & drop them from your files on your computer directly into the reply window. Or you can copy & paste. Now, this is only possible if the photos are smaller than 1MB. If your photos are larger than that, you must resize them to drag & drop or copy & paste.

Alternatively, you can use a photo hosting site to download your photos to and they will resize them, based on the size you tell them you want. Then you copy the IMG code from the hosting site and paste that IMG code into the reply window.

I believe there is a limit on how many photos you can put in any one post, but I'm not sure what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!