You First Upgrade Questions

Cinderella822

DIS Veteran
I'm currently a gold member of the Loews You First program. I've stayed at Portofino Bay in the past and would like to try Royal Pacific on my next vacation. With the free upgrade, what room would I get if I book a regular garden view room? Would it just be a water view room?

Also, if I book a Club Room, do you get any kind of upgrade there with You First? Are the offerings at the Club lounge worth the extra money? We plan to have a more relaxed trip this time around and will probably be at the hotel more than in previous years, so thought it might be worth it.

Last question, is there a place in Royal Pacific where I can grab something for a quick breakfast to take back to my room, like coffee and bagels or pastries? Thanks!!

I'm currently a gold member of the Loews You First program. I've stayed at Portofino Bay in the past and would like to try Royal Pacific on my next vacation. With the free upgrade, what room would I get if I book a regular garden view room? Would it just be a water view room?

Also, if I book a Club Room, do you get any kind of upgrade there with You First? Are the offerings at the Club lounge worth the extra money? We plan to have a more relaxed trip this time around and will probably be at the hotel more than in previous years, so thought it might be worth it.

Last question, is there a place in Royal Pacific where I can grab something for a quick breakfast to take back to my room, like coffee and bagels or pastries? Thanks!!

No upgrades with club. If you book a regular garden room you will be upgraded to pool view if there is one at time of check in.

Yes, the Orchid Court Lounge has continental breakfast offerings.

With being a gold member you need to book over the phone direct with RPR in order to get the upgrade. This is what I do. You will pay for a standard room and be upgraded to waterview or theme park view if available at time of booking. Like damo said there is no upgrade with club. For a gold member you can also upgrade to a King suite at checkin for $50 more per night.:thumbsup2

Are the offerings at the Club lounge worth the extra money? We plan to have a more relaxed trip this time around and will probably be at the hotel more than in previous years, so thought it might be worth it.

how many in your group?
if there are 4 of you, it would help with costs for breakfast and with beverages through out the day.
the 5:00 offering is not a substitute for a dinner/meal.
good stuff is put out but not really what would substain a person for an evening meal.

soda/water is free and available throughout the day.
coffee always available in the lounge.

since the lounge won't be open early enough if you want to utilize the hour early entry to ioa, you could use the Orchard Court Lounge.
it is located in the lobby- other side from the check in section.

it is ala carte.
opens at 6 am every morning.
the menu is listed in damos menu thread.
it is also listed on the uo website.

you will have a keurig in your room.
make your coffee there and save $ from buying it at the O.C.L.

if you do buy coffee at ocl, keep your cup as you can get a free refill that morning only.

i go solo and have stayed club.
in the long run, it was financially sound for me in my case.

i missed the evening offerings as i was in the park or at city walk.
i only hit it for a few times for the 5:00 offerings but did use club for coffee and water to take to the park.

Thanks for your answers. I think I may go for club this time around. I looked at the thread with the pictures of the offerings and it looks pretty good. :thumbsup2

Do you have to tell them you are a member of the You First rewards at the time of booking? I booked at Lowes before, and I never thought of telling them when I booked for my trip in May. Can you tell I've never done this before??? :rolleyes1

Thanks

Do you have to tell them you are a member of the You First rewards at the time of booking? I booked at Lowes before, and I never thought of telling them when I booked for my trip in May. Can you tell I've never done this before??? :rolleyes1

Thanks

Yes, you should give them your youfirst number. You can call and have it added to your reservation. Sometimes it gets added on its own (I would imagine if the information you gave them matches exactly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter