You Guys Are Dangerous

PoohJen

<font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b
...feeding into each others' expensive addictions!!! As I was driving to a meeting 5 hours away last week, I found myself calculating my mileage reimbursement, thinking...X miles times 40 cents a mile equals $230 towards a new lens!!! :rotfl:

And I find myself tossing in my sleep....the Sigma...no, the Canon IS....no, the L lens... :crazy:

PoohJen said:
...feeding into each others' expensive addictions!!! As I was driving to a meeting 5 hours away last week, I found myself calculating my mileage reimbursement, thinking...X miles times 40 cents a mile equals $230 towards a new lens!!! :rotfl:

And I find myself tossing in my sleep....the Sigma...no, the Canon IS....no, the L lens... :crazy:

:goodvibes mileage for you or rebates for me...all work out to the same stuff :goodvibes

Wait until your lens collection is more or less finished and you want to "go somewhere to shoot something new".

I can't wait to go to Africa... one day...

Sonno said:
Wait until your lens collection is more or less finished and you want to "go somewhere to shoot something new".

that would be my dream trip also...(except for the bugs....give me a lion anyday over a giant hissing creepy crawly) which i now only pretend i am on in AK :rotfl:

Sonno said:

Good point! I already am itching to just get out and shoot! Having the basebally tournie the first weekend justified taking 700+ pics (got plenty of shots of every kid on the team to share with their families) but I have had very little time/opportunity since then. :( (just not that into shooting the cats).

I took the kids peach picking this weekend, and also brought along the kayak, hoping to get some great use out of my new XT....only to discover I forgot the battery!!!! Doh!!! :sad: :badpc: I was much less enthusiastic after that. :rolleyes1

Won't someone please invite me to a wedding?! a kindergarten graduation?! anything?!!! :earboy2:

OMG, you hit the nail on the head and it went right though with one shot!!!

I have already decided that I'm getting a new flash by the end of the month (Nikon's rebate ends 7/31). I'm getting the SB-600. SWEET!

I've already decided that I'm saving up for the Nikon 70-200mm F/2.8 ED-IF AF-S VR Lens AND a 1.4 Tele converter to go with it. I hope to purchase it next year. I have visions of the Sigma 10-20mm lens dancing in my head as well as either the Nikon 105mm Macro with VR or the Tamron 90mm Macro waiting to cut their turn in line to dance as well. And don't think that I haven't noticed the 17-55mm f/2.8 lens either!

Now, getting out to shoot. I've already got a few places in New Hampshired picked out as well as a few really good spots on Cape Cod and there is still plenty of Boston for me to photograph. This is the busiest time of the year for work AND DW is 8 months prego. So when I get home from work, she needs a break and DD (20 months) is a one girl crawling hurricane. DS is 4 so who knows what kind of mood he'll be in (mostly good, but those bad ones,,,,, yikes).

I see good light all the time and of course no time to stop and photograph. Where we live is terrible for photographing the sky when the colors are good (way to many tall trees). So the only thing I have to look forward to right now is the birth of Matthew on August 16th (or earlier depending on what he wants) and my Uncle's annual fishing derby sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully it will be a clear night sky and I can stay late and get a few 10 minute or longer star trail exposures. Even when I've had time over the last few weeks to spend an hour or 2 to take some pic's the weather hasn't cooperated. grrrrrrrrrrr

Hey Kyle, at least you will have a brand new baby to document every day, breath and twinkle!! :cloud9: Plus, your other tykes are still little enough that every whimper and smile is a Kodak (ok, Nikon) moment! hmm, maybe if I have another baby that will appease my picture-taking needs...:idea:

well if the choice is trip or baby

....i'll take the trip to africa..it doesn't last as long...chasing 2 yr granddaughter is enough for me...a baby i had 24/7would put the nail in the coffin :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

( although congrats. to all those still in those yrs..they were fun, just don't want to repeat them at this late date :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

PoohJen said:
hmm, maybe if I have another baby that will appease my picture-taking needs...:idea:

:rotfl2: And you were complaining about lenses being expensive! :rotfl2:

You're welcome to come over here to Texas in a couple weeks to take some pictures fo DS's first day of Kindergarten- that way I might actually be in a picture. :rolleyes:

I think my DH and kids are going to ditch me this trip to WDW (26 days :banana: ) because of my obsession with my camera and getting the shot right. ;) So if you hear on the news about a crazy lady with a camera stuck to her face abandoned in WDW, it will be me! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter