You guys won't BELIEVE what I won!!!

So sorry I didn't answer sooner, we have had some problems with our cable the last few days and I could never get on long enough to login and type a message.

FIRST-

Thanks for everyone for their well-wishes and pixie dust,

SECOND

Unfortunately I didn't get the puck down to the slot to win the million. The shot was only 120 feet (not 150 like I first thought) but it was from past the blue line near one goal all the way down to the front of the other goal. Pretty tough shot. I made it 114 1/2 feet so I was only about 5 1/2 feet short of the slot. The worst thing is that the puck was smack in the center of the 3 1/2 inch slot that is was supposed to go through so if I had just hit it a little bit harder it would have gone it-ugh!!!!!

HOWEVER-

I am thrilled to have won the opportunity to walk into the dealership and walk out pretty much owning a new car free and clear within 1-2 years. Since the tax I have to pay is like income tax on the winnings (federal 27 % & state 6.75%) I will be paying about $8750 in tax plus the difference between the $25K and the car I am looking at (which is around $29-30K). We'll probably take out a really short-term loan to pay for that and be done by th end of nest year. Plus the van I already have is going to be paid for this Sept and has a new engine so we are set with vehicles for awhile.

For those who have been emailing me & asking me about what I am picking out, I am looking into either a Dodge Grand Caravan EX (adding leather, side airbags and power left door). Or maybe a Chrysler Town & Country EX (adding same options). Seems like a lot of you are interested in what I am looking at & have lots of advice-so thanks!

Thanks again everyone & when I get my new van I'll be sure to post some pics here!!

they are nothing but TROUBLE

we had a plymouth Voy.and traded for the Dodge Grand Caravan we never had any trouble out of the Ply.(yes I know they are both chrysler products)But the dodge is another story it is JUNK!

I have a stack of recalls and it had a new transmission as soon as the warranty ran out (now it is about to need another one)

I hate this minivan I could go on and on about the problems with this vechile but it makes my Blood boil and my BP go though the roof.

Congrats on your win and sorry you did not win the Million!

Mal

Thanks for the advice Mal-what year is your van? I checked out the Consumer Reports that just came out and the 2001 models were rated really good and the 2002 are "recommended" by them as well.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with yours, hope it gets resolved in your favor, that's for sure.

I have a 1994 Plymouth Grant Voyager that we bought new. We have had several recalls and small problems. We had more recalls on a Ford Taurus my hubby had as a company car. Had a recall less than a month after we got it. On the other hand, my SIL and a good friend just had problems with their later model transmissions in their Dodge mini-vans (both less than 5 years old). My SIL's was just out of warranty when they had to put a new $1700 transmission in. My friend's kept leaving her sit. She waited until the warranty was going to run out and traded it in for a Mitsubishi Montero. I think it depends on your model year.

Would I buy another Chrysler product (Town & Country, Plymouth or Doge). Probably not. Would I take one if it was given to me. Sure. Might want to think about extending the warranty though. Just my two cents.

Karen,
Congrats!!! Everytime I throw my little frisbee down there, I wonder when the contest will be held, and who always wins these things... Nice to hear a DIS-er won!!!

GO AMERKS!!!

Traci-
Rochester, NY

Only 39 More days!!!

Wow-Hi Traci!

Nice to see a fellow Rochesterian on the DIS. yes, real people do win & I only had 2 frisbees that made it down to the parachute, so it was dumb luck that I won. Have a great time on your trip soon!

Thanks again everyone for the advice. I know it is hard to choose from the minivans we can pick from. The rest are the Chevy Venture, Chevy Astro, Mercury Villager, Nissan Quest and the Chryslers and Dodges. The one great thing is that in addition to the 7 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty we will be getting the top of the line warranty that covers pretty much the whole van from bumper to bumper for the entire time as well. That way if one of the power doors breaks down or something it will be fixed. Kinda cool too is that the one we are looking at comes with a power liftgate--very cool indeed!

Keep the opinions coming, I appreciate them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter