You have $60...

We have a short trip planned, 3 days/2 nights at Ft. Wilderness cabins.

4 adults and 1 child, a 6-year old girl, who had an annual pass to Disney 2 years ago and has been to most parks twice, but not in the past year.

1 park, Animal Kingdom.

Arriving Monday, park Tuesday, driving home (few hours) on Wednesday.

All meals (QS/in room meals/snacks) are covered, maybe 1 TS meal. Grandparents are going to purchase a souvenir.

I have $60 worth of Disney rewards through the Disney visa. I can add a little more to it if needed.
What would you use them for to add a little more magic for the 6 year old?

We have a short trip planned, 3 days/2 nights at Ft. Wilderness cabins.

4 adults and 1 child, a 6-year old girl, who had an annual pass to Disney 2 years ago and has been to most parks twice, but not in the past year.

1 park, Animal Kingdom.

Arriving Monday, park Tuesday, driving home (few hours) on Wednesday.

All meals (QS/in room meals/snacks) are covered, maybe 1 TS meal. Grandparents are going to purchase a souvenir.

I have $60 worth of Disney rewards through the Disney visa. I can add a little more to it if needed.
What would you use them for to add a little more magic for the 6 year old?
Here are some affordable options to choose from at Fort Wilderness:
Pony ride
Carriage ride
Boat ride at the lake
Rent bikes

Elsewhere at WDW:
Fantasia mini-golf

Depends on the girl, but my 6 year old on our Dec trip seemed to enjoy her BBB makeover the most. If she's girly...that would be my top pick. You can get the basic package which includes hair, makeup, nails, glitter, face gems, etc. for about that much (also most folks bring a dress from home anyway, so if she has one, you're set). I am SO not the BBB kinda mom, but she is a girly girl and they did an amazing job making her feel like a million bucks (and I did not have glitter everywhere, so I was happy!).

After that, it was toys. There are a LOT of shops. I would use it for another toy or souvenir (ears, etc.).

I was also gonna say BBB in the springs, depending on your arrival time, or if there was anytime after AK or the day after.

Thanks for the tips!

I've considered BBB at Disney Springs after we arrive, but wasn't sure if I should wait until her next big trip to Magic Kingdom to save it for the castle! But she's almost 7, and will be 8 when we return, so maybe it'll be more magical to do at 6.

She has ridden ponies quite a bit, even in the mountains, so I don't think it would be as exciting at Ft Wilderness. I'll look into mini golf and maybe a carriage or boat ride though. Figured the boat ride would be way too much!

Thanks for the tips!

I've considered BBB at Disney Springs after we arrive, but wasn't sure if I should wait until her next big trip to Magic Kingdom to save it for the castle! But she's almost 7, and will be 8 when we return, so maybe it'll be more magical to do at 6.

She has ridden ponies quite a bit, even in the mountains, so I don't think it would be as exciting at Ft Wilderness. I'll look into mini golf and maybe a carriage or boat ride though. Figured the boat ride would be way too much!
You can rent a couple of little Sea Raycer boats for an hour at the lake at Fort Wilderness within your price range.

Not sure if she'd be into it, but I've read lots on here about kids that age excited about the banshees for sale at Animal Kingdom. They cost $65, and are supposedly in high demand. If she sees them at AK, she might really want one; you never know.

If she'd like mini golf, the Winter Summerland (Summer Winterland?) course, which is a shuttle bus ride from DAK, is lots of fun and usually less crowded than Fantasia. You can't reserve these, and the last time I tried Fantasia the wait time was 3 hours!

I've always wanted to do the Family Magic Tour but we're going to AK not MK!

Thank you everyone for the advice! Not sure if I should ask what she'd prefer, or surprise her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!