You Mean I get to Go to Disney at Christmas for Free?

Nichellebelle

Mouseketeer
Hello All!

It has been a while since I have been on the DIS boards because my life has been so busy. Now to the story. Every year my job has a conference in the fall. Well this year they decided to have it at Disney World. :rotfl2: Can you imagine my face in the meeting when it was announced:goodvibes? I had to sit on my hands not to jump up and down. :yay: I have been married for 2 years and DH and I always visit in May on our anniversary. It has always been my dream to visit Disney at Christmas but I have not been able to convince DH to go to Disney twice in one year! Unfortunately I have been so busy with work etc.. I have not been able to plan anything for anything and I have exactly one month and 2 days until we arrive and zero ADR's. Since I will be working during the day we will only have evenings to have fun. Yikes! So join me as I plan our Christmas vacation at WDW!

Where: The Dolphin, we were going to stay an extra 2 days at WL but it was sold out! HA!

When: First week of December

Who:

DH
charlie.jpg

Me
44954_436805464581_712499581_5158184_4868176_n-1.jpg

What I really want to do:

Mickey's Very Magical Christmas Party!

To see the Grand Floridian at Christmas!

Run around Tom Sawyer Island( I know.. I am a big:) kid but this is one of my favorite things to do)

Ride Soarin...I still have never been!

ADR's I am hoping to get(but will probably need pixie dust to get them:tinker:):

Crystal Palace, preferrably before MVMCP

Liberty Tree Tavern

Marrakesh

SCI-FI

Citricos

Finally, What is the weather like in December? Does anyone know? Since we will mainly be at the parks in the evening ...Does it get cool at night?

Congrats on the trip!! As for the weather in December it varies. It does get a bit chilly at night so I would have a sweatshirt, maybe a jacket. I went a few days before Christmas last year and I was freezing (it was in the 30's-40's at night) and during the day I wore long sleeves and sometimes my coat. It may be a bit warmer at the beginning of the month though :).

Congrats on the trip!! As for the weather in December it varies. It does get a bit chilly at night so I would have a sweatshirt, maybe a jacket. I went a few days before Christmas last year and I was freezing (it was in the 30's-40's at night) and during the day I wore long sleeves and sometimes my coat. It may be a bit warmer at the beginning of the month though :).

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Oh wow, I am glad to know that! I was thinking of packing short sleeves! I will definitely adjust my wardrobe plans. Thanks for all the info!

Well, Tinkerbell must be working overtime for me because we were able to book the Candlelight Processional dinner package on our first night there! I just knew when I called that there would be no availability but there was and our narrator will be John O'Hurley. SOO Excited!:rotfl2: This year has been a little rough on my DH because his father has been ill. So I think this will be a nice surprise for him because Seinfeld is one of his favorite shows and John O'Hurley was on it.

I found this picture below. Is anyone else going to the Candlelight Processional?
gscandlelight.jpg

:cool1:OH how much fun!!! My dad had a conference once on property when I was in high school and we were all able to go! My mom drove us over to Universal though... WHAT was she thinking! Sigh... :sad2:

We'll be there the 10-15! So excited to see all the Christmas decor!!!! :santa:

OMG this is such exciting news!!! :)
I sang as a cast member in the Candlelight Processional. :) YOU will love it!!! :)
Also December weather can be very very tricky. It can be hot one day and the next you are in winter coats and gloves.....
Dress in layers...it is your best bet. A week before you go check out the weather forecast for the week. It usually is not far off. I have been 3 times in Dec. I have packed shorts, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts and even jackets for my family. Also one December we were able to go swimming.....it all depends and fluctuates. I find this time of year to be the hardest to pack for.
Do not miss the Osbourne lights at DHS and check out the other hotels...the decorations are great :) Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Yacht Club....they are not to be missed. :)
Good luck in making your ADR's! :) sending pixie dust your way!! :)

:cool1:OH how much fun!!! My dad had a conference once on property when I was in high school and we were all able to go! My mom drove us over to Universal though... WHAT was she thinking! Sigh... :sad2:

We'll be there the 10-15! So excited to see all the Christmas decor!!!! :santa:

Hi! lol That is funny:) I know right! I am so excited to see the Christmas Decorations. The only downfall is that I love going to the parks in the parks in the morning and because I will be working I can only go in the evening! You are going to have so much fun! You are going really close to Christmas

OMG this is such exciting news!!! :)
I sang as a cast member in the Candlelight Processional. :) YOU will love it!!! :)
Also December weather can be very very tricky. It can be hot one day and the next you are in winter coats and gloves.....
Dress in layers...it is your best bet. A week before you go check out the weather forecast for the week. It usually is not far off. I have been 3 times in Dec. I have packed shorts, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts and even jackets for my family. Also one December we were able to go swimming.....it all depends and fluctuates. I find this time of year to be the hardest to pack for.
Do not miss the Osbourne lights at DHS and check out the other hotels...the decorations are great :) Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Yacht Club....they are not to be missed. :)
Good luck in making your ADR's! :) sending pixie dust your way!! :)

Hey there Joanne! That is so coooooool! I sing in the choir at my church and singing Christmas songs are my favorite! Thanks for the weather tips, I will be sure to pack jeans and to layer and I am going to look up the Osbourne lights and plan to see them:) Thank you so much for all of your help honey:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter