"You'll find I'm full of surprises" - Marathon/Princess Half Marathon - 3/11 Raglan Road Brunch

Oh my goodness - what a weekend in Mass. Good for you guys to maintain a sense of humor. So sorry for your loss. Enzo’s looks very interesting. I’m a sucker for unique cocktails so looks like that will need to fit into the rotation somewhere.

Random question but have you ever stayed at the Swan/Dolphin for a race weekend? You are my race expert!

Ugh that’s is a lot especially being in town for a funeral. I did just see on the news they are still trying to get power back to some areas. We really didn’t get hit up here much at all. Just a few downed trees. We are getting another one this week on Wednesday with snow.... I can’t wait for my April vacation!
Your food and drinks looked wonderful...that meat and cheese board... yum!

Wow, I can't believe all the trouble you had this weekend. Trouble of course doesn't even sound like the right word to describe it. Of course some of the flight issues were to be expected, but the hotel not being prepared for a power outage is just unacceptable. And the priest at the funeral. Abysmal. Your poor husband and family.

On a good note, Enzo's looks great. It hadn't caught my eye at all from the menu but your food all looks great. Glad you both were able to make the most of it.

Oops, forgot to comment on Enzo. Yum x everything! Yum yum!

Looooove your 10K outfit! Can’t wait to hear about the race!!!

We were very happy with Enzo's! We are planning on being back there in April. My mother and I will go to the upstairs Maria & Enzo's in September!

Race Update will happen either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how life goes. I've written the race part already but I need to handle the food portion afterwards and I've been drinking too much since 5:30pm to deal with that. I think I deserve the wine now.

Oh my goodness - what a weekend in Mass. Good for you guys to maintain a sense of humor. So sorry for your loss. Enzo’s looks very interesting. I’m a sucker for unique cocktails so looks like that will need to fit into the rotation somewhere.

Random question but have you ever stayed at the Swan/Dolphin for a race weekend? You are my race expert!

It was a weekend in Mass. If it was for a vacation, I would have lost it. As it wasn't vacation and we were the 'rocks' during the weekend emotionally, we had to just shake our head and laugh. That said, I did get 2/3rds of the hotel stay refunded. If we ever have to go back to Rockland, MA for a funeral since that is the cemetery where his family is buried - we will just stay in Braintree at Hyatt Place and drive the extra 15 minutes. I was very happy that the Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham never lost power. It fed us twice on Saturday between our post funeral lunch at Bertucci's and then a quick dinner around 6:30pm at Panera (we weren't really hungry but knew we needed something to eat at that point or we would be hangry at 2AM when we woke up for the flight home.

We have stayed at the Swan for Wine & Dine 2016 as we used a lot of points for Aulani + 7 month windows for Boardwalk/Beach Club were filled. We wanted to stay in the EPCOT area. It is nice that it is the first bus to be dropped off post race. The negative is that the room didn't have a tub which meant no soaking post race. The shower was nice though. We would stay there again if we didn't have enough points and the pricing was reasonable. It totally is a money saver versus the rates for the other 3 hotels even after the 40 dollars of fees per day!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...plete-goofys-stk.3549889/page-5#post-56711714

Ugh that’s is a lot especially being in town for a funeral. I did just see on the news they are still trying to get power back to some areas. We really didn’t get hit up here much at all. Just a few downed trees. We are getting another one this week on Wednesday with snow.... I can’t wait for my April vacation!
Your food and drinks looked wonderful...that meat and cheese board... yum!

The power at the hotel did come back at like 7:30PM Saturday Night. I think it was because some of the lineman were staying there and at the other two hotels in Rockland and they wanted power so they made it happen. The power situation amazed my husband and I. These trees handle so much snow in the winter but 40 to 50 mph winds cause so much havoc. So many trees were down! I rather have no power like Irma being hot rather than freezing under covers in multiple layers of clothes! National Grid's map is absolutely horrible as well with its overlapping areas and lack of real knowledge of where they are working. FPL has its problems but the map + knowledge of work is much easier to follow!

Hope the snow storm isn't too bad on Wednesday!

Yay for April Vacation!

That meat and cheese board was awesome! We may not get it again in April because we want to try some of the other appetizers. We're also going on Thursday rather than Friday so we can enjoy more drinks without issue!

Wow, I can't believe all the trouble you had this weekend. Trouble of course doesn't even sound like the right word to describe it. Of course some of the flight issues were to be expected, but the hotel not being prepared for a power outage is just unacceptable. And the priest at the funeral. Abysmal. Your poor husband and family.

On a good note, Enzo's looks great. It hadn't caught my eye at all from the menu but your food all looks great. Glad you both were able to make the most of it.

At this point - this weekend will be called Dis_Yoda's Horrible, No Good Weekend. If his mother doesn't handle the priest situation, we'll probably end up calling and dealing with it in the next week or so since we can talk about it calmly and factual. I find that works well. At least it got me 2/3rd of a refund for the hotel + the fuel situation dealt with at Avis. I'm not mad at Jetblue over their issues as weather does cause problems although their communications could be improved. They also had mechanical delays for the flight prior to mine and decided that the inbound flight that was supposed to be our plane needed to be the other flight's plane. At least that is what I gathered from FlightAware but they handled the issue. Not sure if we'll use the $200 of credit especially since we add a puppy soon to our family and that means little last minute travel solo for me for some time since he'll be at that age where he can't be left alone for too many hours.

The cocktails totally helped make Enzo's. The food for dinner did sound rather simple but I'm glad it was well executed. Perfect pre-race food which is why we had the same thing. Hope it stays decently filled but not too busy so I don't have issues getting in!

So sorry to hear about your nightmare trip and family loss.

We love Pecos Bills for the nachos and fixings

Enzo’s looks so good, what is the difference between the Edison and Enzo’s? I am confused, are the totally separate?

The menu at the Edison is casual and pretty limited from the website. I like the looks of your meal, yum!

So sorry to hear about your nightmare trip and family loss.

We love Pecos Bills for the nachos and fixings

Enzo’s looks so good, what is the difference between the Edison and Enzo’s? I am confused, are the totally separate?

The menu at the Edison is casual and pretty limited from the website. I like the looks of your meal, yum!

Thank you! Hopefully the bad luck stops soon but I"m going to stop bringing down this thread!

Edison is more of a nightclub that offers food - kinda steampunk. I haven't gotten there yet but I probably will in November during our long 10 night trip for Food & Wine. Not sure what company is running it. Enzo's is separate. It's part of the building/group with Patina that has 3 restaurants - Pizza Pointe, Maria & Enzo's and Enzo's Hideaway. Pizza Pointe is the quick service with thick Sicilian style pizza (not a fan of that type of pizza) Maria & Enzo's is more your traditional restaurant experience. Enzo's Hideaway is a nice quiet spot that focuses on the food and the cocktails. It's also a little out of the way as you have to go down stairs to get there. Not sure if there is an elevator!

Baseline Taphouse

We were up at 2:45AM and quickly got ready for our race. We made it on the first bus out at 3:30AM and were able to get in line for a princess. We had decided on the Tiana line as it was the shortest but it was soon switching to Belle so that worked out nicely!

wxOsrpE.jpg

Standard Pre-Race Selfie

6jgvjkg.jpg

Stalker Minnie

O9ZP6vu.jpg

Belle - Bad Phone Photo

So, I got corralled the same as my husband which was nice to annoy him in the pre-race corral before the race started. Once people started moving to the start line, we said goodbye and I walked slower so I wouldn’t be among the front of the corral or shown on the screen as I hate that stuff. I somehow ended up at the very back of wave 1 even with the slow walking and letting people pass me!

y8aQQfD.jpg

bRcOXTx.jpg

The race started and we were off. I started at a decent pace for myself yet stayed towards the far right. I did unfortunately see a young girl fall and hurt her knee within the first couple hundred feet of the race. Glad her mom was with her!

wp0s54y.jpg

Merida

As I continued down the path, I noticed Stitch was on the other side. As my outfit was Stitch inspired, there was no way I was going to miss that. Well, when I arrived to Stitch, the line was LONG! 20 minutes in line later, I had my photo and I was on my way. I wasn’t running for time (and I was undertrained) plus the last wave hadn’t even started yet so I knew I was fine time wise. I have zero shame in being in the last 5% of a race! This comforted me to know if I wanted to stop again for a character or two, I could.

nsPkd0R.jpg

vJi7AL9.jpg

I continued my bad photo trend...

Wlyr2Wt.jpg

l0vXFVD.jpg

I waited in another character line and ended up abandoning it as it was going to take too long and my time was already going to be horrible enough! Eventually, I finished and headed back to the room for a wonderful soak in some Epsom salts and at some point, we left the room to leisurely walk to Hollywood Studios. At Hollywood Studios, I got yelled at by some Army Men for being a creeper, saw a cute Groot, my husband booped a snoot, and played a game.

ICcGc4s.jpg

OIcJKo9.jpg

iONuwGS.jpg

7yAqsqX.jpg

As we were hungry, we decided to check out the new Baseline Tap House. Shame on me for not actually researching more as I thought it was going to be a bar with servers and a decent selection. It really more so is a quick service bar with everything on tap and a couple food options. Not wanting to wait even longer for food or walk somewhere else, we resigned to trying Baseline and the two food options that worked for us.

My husband had a cider. He loves Ace Ciders so this one was a winner for him. He also didn’t want too much alcohol since he did have a half marathon the next day. As I wasn’t running, I didn’t have to worry about it!

qXAnzAI.jpg

Ace Spade Bloody Orange Hard Cider

I wanted the hard stuff! This was extremely refreshing but it wasn’t the strongest despite having vodka and Southern Comfort in it.

TM6AG1F.jpg

California Sunset - Absolut Berri Acai Vodka, Southern Comfort, Orange Juice, Sweet & Sour w/ a float of Pomegranate Juice

We started with the pretzel. The beer cheese fondue made it. The poor mustard was completely ignored. We probably shouldn’t have just split it though as half wasn’t enough to really fill us up even with the 2nd dish we ordered.

2Mg03jT.jpg

Bavarian Pretzel w/ Mustard & Beer Cheese Fondue

We also ordered the steak puff. I’m not sure how to really review this. I think if I wasn’t starving, I would have hated it but it did its job of filling my belly with some protein and carbs. The serving size was ok as well. Splitting it probably didn’t help either as I wasn’t full.

gwXs08s.jpg

Coffee-Rubbed Rib-Eye Steak Puff

While we were eating here, I also hit a wall mentally. I was tired. We had only been in the park for 2 hours but I wanted to nap. My husband wanted to shop some more so I left him behind and headed back to the room via boat as I wasn’t going to walk back. Back at the room, I relaxed and eventually took a long 3 hour nap! It was glorious! I felt human again afterwards!​

Great pre-race selfie of you two!

Lilo and Stitch photo was well worth it!

The California sunset looks good. I love southern comfort!

Can’t go wrong with a pretzel but the steak puff looks interesting?! I think I’d try it though. Did it come with a side of olives? Weird!

Slowly but surely catching up on all my favorite reports! Loving all the updates and life updates too. Puppy time is drawing ever closer! That's so exciting!

Great pre-race selfie of you two!

Lilo and Stitch photo was well worth it!

The California sunset looks good. I love southern comfort!

Can’t go wrong with a pretzel but the steak puff looks interesting?! I think I’d try it though. Did it come with a side of olives? Weird!

Lilo & Stitch were so worth it! If you aren't running for time, might as well enjoy it! Undecided on what I'm going to do for Dark Side yet. I did at least go on a training run today! Maybe I'll do better come Dark Side!

That steak puff was interesting. It did come with a side of olives. That wasn't touched by either of us but we don't like olives.

Slowly but surely catching up on all my favorite reports! Loving all the updates and life updates too. Puppy time is drawing ever closer! That's so exciting!

You've been busy planning a wedding something ;). You'll catch up eventually!

Puppy time in like 2.5 weeks! We visited the litter on Sunday. The boy front and center should be ours!

3Hwex4a.jpg

Flying Fish

After my glorious nap (and my husband’s much shorter nap since he watched stuff on his laptop or played a game), we got up about 30 minutes prior to our ADR time for Flying Fish and got dressed. We weren’t in too much of a rush since we just had to go down the elevators and walk across the lawn to get there!

When we arrived, we were quickly seated. Our server was a bit eccentric. In fact, I think he’s the same one I had with my mother last year. Didn’t bother us! I was bothered by the people in the restaurant in yoga pants and gym shorts though. I miss real dress codes at signature restaurants.

As we looked over the menu, we noted they had done a revision of the menu and brought back some versions of their old signature dishes. While I’ve liked the food options post renovations, I know many people will be happy with this change!

p1e0kHJ.jpg

Menu

My husband went with a salad since he hadn’t had anything green today. The dressing was closer to a ranch than a caesar dressing but he was still happy with it.

Zt5v0p2.jpg

Grilled Baby Romaine - Pecorino, Buttermilk-Creme Fraiche Dressing, Olive Oil-Marinated Vegetables

I got the appetizer I usually love. This time around, I wasn’t as happy with it. The pork belly was tough along the edges unlike the usual melt in your mouth tenderness it usually is. At least the middle part was what I expected it to be! I still enjoyed my slaw and croquette though!

nmCAs0a.jpg

Kurobuta Pork Belly - Croquette, Royal Gala Apple Slaw, Cranberry Gastrique

My husband and I each got the same type of dish just with different proteins. When it comes to white fish, he loves the flakiness and mild flavor of Mahi-Mahi where as I love Chilean Sea Bass. I loved the older version of this dish from the pre-renovation menu with the potato crusted red snapper. The new version had the amazing the sauce that made that dish so I was very happy.

gBvE0gg.jpg

Mahi-Mahi w/ Leek Fondue with a Cassis-Red Wine Sauce

SLX9vNg.jpg

Chilean Sea Bass w/ Leek Fondue with a Cassis-Red Wine Sauce

We skipped on dessert and headed back to the room. I was heading out to hang out with Betsy at Disney Springs where as my husband was going to relax in the room and go to bed early. While at Disney Springs, Betsy and I hopped a couple of bars and did some shopping at Sephora, the Co-Op and she got a pizza at Blaze. We called it a night before 10PM as we both were tired and I knew I had to wake up at 2AM to do my husband’s makeup. It’s always nice to hang out with her. Hopefully next time we wouldn’t be as tired with an early morning the next day so we could explore more!

amfrJ6o.jpg

The Hanger Drink

EbkrN2J.jpg

Homecoming Drinks

First off, I'm so sorry about your DH's grandmother. And what an awful trip there for the funeral. I'm glad you got some money back for all your difficulties!

Your dinner at Monsieur Paul looked wonderful. The fish reminded me of the old Potato Crusted Snapper at Flying Fish.

I love the Creamery and probably would have chose that over the cupcake. I'm with you. I prefer a good cake and not a lot of frosting.

Enzo's looks fantastic! That is definitely going farther up on the list!

The Baseline Taphouse looked like a very basic bar. Probably not at the top of my list.

Both your dishes at Flying Fish looked excellent! I'm a Mahi Mahi person, but I do like a good Sea Bass as well. We probably would have ordered one of each and shared.

Ooh Flying Fish looks fab! DH salad looks great! Both fish dishes, yum!

Yay to a runDisney girls night out!

Thank you! Hopefully the bad luck stops soon but I"m going to stop bringing down this thread!

Edison is more of a nightclub that offers food - kinda steampunk. I haven't gotten there yet but I probably will in November during our long 10 night trip for Food & Wine. Not sure what company is running it. Enzo's is separate. It's part of the building/group with Patina that has 3 restaurants - Pizza Pointe, Maria & Enzo's and Enzo's Hideaway. Pizza Pointe is the quick service with thick Sicilian style pizza (not a fan of that type of pizza) Maria & Enzo's is more your traditional restaurant experience. Enzo's Hideaway is a nice quiet spot that focuses on the food and the cocktails. It's also a little out of the way as you have to go down stairs to get there. Not sure if there is an elevator!
Thanks for the info, your food looked so good at The hideaway, I would love to try it.

Love this! Definitely worth the wait. I can't tell which is Stich and which is you :-)

I continued my bad photo trend...

Wlyr2Wt.jpg
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Shame on me for not actually researching more as I thought it was going to be a bar with servers and a decent selection. It really more so is a quick service bar with everything on tap and a couple food options. Not wanting to wait even longer for food or walk somewhere else, we resigned to trying Baseline and the two food options that worked for us.
I'm anxious to try Baseline as I know Jason will love the beers, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they have such few food options. I'm guessing they don't have their own kitchen, but to only offer 2 things is just plain odd.

Puppy time in like 2.5 weeks! We visited the litter on Sunday. The boy front and center should be ours!

3Hwex4a.jpg
Oh, how perfect and precious!

I was bothered by the people in the restaurant in yoga pants and gym shorts though. I miss real dress codes at signature restaurants.
I'm so with you. They claim to have a dress code and then do nothing to enforce it. My favorite was still the lady in her princess half tutu and gear 12 hours after the race at dinner at Artist Point.

hile I’ve liked the food options post renovations, I know many people will be happy with this change!

p1e0kHJ.jpg
I'll have to check out the menu as I didn't know they made a change. Quick glance it looks good as my biggest issue with them post reservation was the smallness of the menu and the fact that it never really changed. That's largely why CG is our favorite signature, simply because the menu rotates so often but FF was static for way too long.

SLX9vNg.jpg

Chilean Sea Bass w/ Leek Fondue with a Cassis-Red Wine Sauce
Yum! This looks and sounds awesome. Though I'm not sure I could do the Sophies choice between the Mahi-Mahi and Seabass.

e called it a night before 10PM as we both were tired and I knew I had to wake up at 2AM to do my husband’s makeup. I
Now there is something you don't hear a girl say very often :P

I’ve also liked Flying Fish post rehab. The bar is one of my favorite spots to eat. The bartenders are so knowledgeable and I’ve gotten to try some great wines (and food of course!) It made me sad that it got so much criticism. Hopefully this menu change brings back a little love. Sorry your pork belly wasn’t as good as it has been in the past. Love the presentation of your husband’s salad and both fish dishes look great!!

First off, I'm so sorry about your DH's grandmother. And what an awful trip there for the funeral. I'm glad you got some money back for all your difficulties!
Thank you! It wasn't an unexpected event in our lives so that does make it a bit better. At least I know I will never stay in Rockland ever again!

Your dinner at Monsieur Paul looked wonderful. The fish reminded me of the old Potato Crusted Snapper at Flying Fish.
It was a great meal to Monsieur Paul! We really need to get back there more than every few years! It was close to the old snapper at Flying Fish but the sauce was much better! A butter heavy rosemary sauce would be wonderful on anything I think!

I love the Creamery and probably would have chose that over the cupcake. I'm with you. I prefer a good cake and not a lot of frosting.

I was distracted by pretty. Pretty food gets me every time! The creamery is awesome though. My husband was very happy with his shake.

Enzo's looks fantastic! That is definitely going farther up on the list!

Awesome! I could see you really enjoying some of their gin cocktails that I would never try ;).

The Baseline Taphouse looked like a very basic bar. Probably not at the top of my list.
It's not going to be on my list anymore either unless we need to escape the sun for a bit and need a drink but as we stay near EPCOT so much - we just go back to the hotel for a break!

Both your dishes at Flying Fish looked excellent! I'm a Mahi Mahi person, but I do like a good Sea Bass as well. We probably would have ordered one of each and shared.

Smart choice! They did have another side/sauce option too so that could mix it up even more! Flying Fish is just a place I feel better getting seafood at for my main dish. They do it so well :)

Ooh Flying Fish looks fab! DH salad looks great! Both fish dishes, yum!

Yay to a runDisney girls night out!

Yes! RunDisney girls night out! Betsy has been such a great friend over the years since I first met her at the inaugural Light Side. She may be bad luck for puppies though as our other friend, Carol, who was also with us over St Jude's had her older dog pass away the day before the races. She didn't like being teased on that fact.

Thanks for the info, your food looked so good at The hideaway, I would love to try it.

Hopefully you do! We look forward to going back in a few weeks and enjoying more of the cocktails!

It looks like the same dish only without the snapper. Did they just bring that back?

No potato crust and different fish selections. The sauce and the side are the same though. It is a new update in the last month or so!

Love this! Definitely worth the wait. I can't tell which is Stich and which is you :-)

Stitch is so adorable! Totally my favorite Disney Character. Our Rhodesian will be named Gantu so I can have a dog with my love of Lilo & Stitch in my life while keeping with our Disney Villain Theme

<3 I have no shame.

I'm anxious to try Baseline as I know Jason will love the beers, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they have such few food options. I'm guessing they don't have their own kitchen, but to only offer 2 things is just plain odd.
They seem to have a really small kitchen behind the bar. They also have an option of spiced almonds but post race you want more food. It really would work better to have a few more tapas. I would be more apt to go there again if they did. I think next time, we'll just do the Brown Derby Lounge if we don't have ADRs somewhere.

Oh, how perfect and precious!
I'm so excited! Gaston probably isn't but at least he'll have someone to play with again as when he goes to camp - he's been taking to playing with others well.

I'm so with you. They claim to have a dress code and then do nothing to enforce it. My favorite was still the lady in her princess half tutu and gear 12 hours after the race at dinner at Artist Point.
That is disgusting. :crazy2::sick: I'm all happy for them doing a race and all but realize basic hygiene. I don't mind racers going straight to breakfast or something post race but the further it goes from the race, the worst it is. I know how bad I smell after a race even when I walk it and my husband is always soaked. There is no way we would allow each other to be in public like that! We try to always dress a little nicer at signatures to help set the mood but doubt those people dress down care much!

I'll have to check out the menu as I didn't know they made a change. Quick glance it looks good as my biggest issue with them post reservation was the smallness of the menu and the fact that it never really changed. That's largely why CG is our favorite signature, simply because the menu rotates so often but FF was static for way too long.
It seems a lot of the restaurants don't really change their menus that much. The menu initially post refurb was on the smaller side but so our many of the others except CG and Narcoossee's. Yachtsman has grown a fair amount which is nice. I just wish Sci-Fi would have a larger menu like they used to years ago and that they still served popcorn!

Yum! This looks and sounds awesome. Though I'm not sure I could do the Sophies choice between the Mahi-Mahi and Seabass.
That is a Sophie's choice if you love both! We can get Mahi-Mahi around here so easily that I try to not to order it at Disney so that makes it easier for me. They at least added a fair amount of protein options now with the way they are doing the fish and steaks while also having the other entree options!

Now there is something you don't hear a girl say very often :P
:goodvibes He's lucky I'm such a loving wife.

I’ve also liked Flying Fish post rehab. The bar is one of my favorite spots to eat. The bartenders are so knowledgeable and I’ve gotten to try some great wines (and food of course!) It made me sad that it got so much criticism. Hopefully this menu change brings back a little love. Sorry your pork belly wasn’t as good as it has been in the past. Love the presentation of your husband’s salad and both fish dishes look great!!

I've done the bar thing before there and do love that! I get why they may get criticism now post refurb as people typically hate change. It also is a more subtle theme than before for the boardwalk so now it kinda seems generic in decor. I don't mind that as long as the food is good! Love a good wine! Hopefully we get to do a Flying Fish Wine Dinner in November as we've always loved those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter