• Orlando International Resort

• don't care just wanted to see the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.

spiceycat

dvc-blt
bryan's spanish cove
Kingstown reef
orbit one vacation villa

okay which one - byran's spanish cove might win for me, but this is also a universal trip - so Kingstown reef.

From what I've researched about Bryan's, it seems you have pretty easy access to WDW or Universal. For Universal, you could either hop on I-4 which is right up the street from Bryan's, then take the exit for Universal---or go the back way to Universal via #535 which turns into Apopka-Vineland Rd. We've gone the latter route before in order to avoid the traffic on I-4 during the holiday season, and it zipped us right back home to the DTD area.

I've read good reviews about Orbit One, but I think it seems further out to catch I-4 from there to Universal, plus you couldn't take the back way on extended #535 if you needed to. I don't know anything at all about Kingstown Reef, but have seen it show up on GETO searches.

With Universal in play, that rules out Orbit One. I've actually read good things recently about the WorldMark, but only if you have a 1BR with a full kitchen. IIRC, the partial kitchen units are converted connecting rooms.

ORIC is super close to Universal, but if you are also going to Disney more than once or so, way way way too hard to get to WDW.

forgot these are all 2-bedrooms.

Bryan when staying at CWR just use the short cut to Disney to get on I4 - takes about 5 minutes - so that is not a problem.

just excited to try something NEW!!!

I'd give Kingstown Reef a try then. I know a worldmark owner who stayed there recently, and she was pretty pleased.

boy these are going fast - the only left in 2-bedroom is orbit one and bryan's spanish cove.

of course there is always CWR left - if nothing else.

they have a bunch of 1-bedrooms!

With Universal in play, that rules out Orbit One. I've actually read good things recently about the WorldMark, but only if you have a 1BR with a full kitchen. IIRC, the partial kitchen units are converted connecting rooms.

ORIC is super close to Universal, but if you are also going to Disney more than once or so, way way way too hard to get to WDW.

Why would you rule out Orbit One? We had no problem getting to Universal when we stayed at Orbit One!

Pat, I have stayed at both Bryan's and Orbit One. We prefer Lake Buena Vista area, and Bryan's was furnished very nicely, but the resort is not very big and our particular unit had a distinct musty aroma, as if it hadn't been occupied recently. Our friends were in the unit beside us and that unit had no odour at all so it may just have been the luck of the draw. Our unit looked out on the swampy area at the back of the resort.

I preferred the larger resort at Orbit One, but the I liked the location and furnishings of Bryan's better. I don't think I would stay at Bryan's again, can't quite put my finger on why other than the memories of the swamp and the musty odour. I thought the Embassy Grand Beach (I think it is Sunterra now) next door looked really nice, and I remember thinking I would like to stay there sometime.

now you have me worried.

decide to to with Bryan's Spanish Cove - the reviews on tug and tripadvisor - are pretty good considering this is NOT a popular place.

allergic to mold and mildew - which I know living in the South is hard to avoid.

since I always take my medication with me - definitely will for this trip!

was hoping for a lake view - but if it is the swampy and not the lake - just not sure.

now you have me worried.

decide to to with Bryan's Spanish Cove - the reviews on tug and tripadvisor - are pretty good considering this is NOT a popular place.

allergic to mold and mildew - which I know living in the South is hard to avoid.

since I always take my medication with me - definitely will for this trip!

was hoping for a lake view - but if it is the swampy and not the lake - just not sure.

Don't be too worried, I suspect it was just our unit as our friends' unit next door was fine. We were there during Hurricane Wilma and the skylights in the kitchen of our unit leaked and a lot of water came in, but the unit next door didn't leak at all. I don't think our room was necessarily part of the regular rotation as it did have an "unoccupied" smell to it.

It was a nice enough place, but with so many truly great places to stay in Orlando, I don't think I would make plans specifically so I could stay there again (if it was all that came up on skyauction, I wouldn't hesitate, but there are other places I would rather try first).

Why would you rule out Orbit One?
Only due to distance. OO looks to be a shade under 20 minutes to Universal. BSC looks to be a bit over 10. When given the choice, focusing on Disney, I tend to prefer Orbit One---the small pool slides work for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter