your personal experience checking out of studio and into 1BR, difficult day for you?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I guess the question says it all. Thats what we're doing next April, all at BCV's, 3 nights in a studio and then 7 nights in a one bedroom. I'd love to hear your experiences, did it go smoothly, did you have to wait all day long for your 1BR? Did you pack up and store your luggage for the day or did they give you the 1BR room number so you could store the luggage there? thanks.

You need to prepare for the worst case scenario which is that you must be out of room #1 by 11am and will not be in room #2 until after 4pm. The resort will not even give you the new room number until the room has been released by housekeeping.

I would suggest setting the alarm early and heading to the front desk to formally check-into the new room ASAP. I've heard you can start checking-in around 7am.

Getting there early will hopefully give you dibs on the first rooms cleaned that morning. If they can get you into the room prior to 11am, you can just walk your stuff from one room to the other.

If they can't get you in by 11am, you will have to call bell services to store everything.

That is a fantastic suggestion, thank you. I will get up very early, and hopefully what you said will work. thanks alot!

I do wonder if they try their very best to put you into a room fairly quickly that morning, since you are already a guest. Anyone else have this experience?

I was a guest of BW Inn for 1 night and checked into the Villas around 10:00am. We had to wait until almost 4:00. We checked our luggage with bell services.

My experience is BWV pre-assigns rooms, so it depends on when that room checks out.

Done it a few times. At 7 AM I go to the front desk and each time I've gotten right into the 2 bedroom unit. I just go back and get my stuff and move it over to the new unit. Done it at SSR & OKW.

We did this back in June at OKW. It could not have been easier. We took our luggage up to the front desk around 8:30. Checked out of the Studio and then I checked into the 1BR, which was in the exact location I was requesting. The unit was available immediately. We walked over and immediately started unpacking. 30 minutes later we were in the Magic Kingdom.

ok, thanks so much, thats great news and very fast!

I have done this a lot at various resorts....depends on what I am going to do that day. If I want to go to parks, I get up early, have my stuff packed night before, one of us checks in while the other one waits in the room to see if we have to haul our luggage to the storage area or to our rental car, whatever the case, or if they have a room for us. Both have happened....just drug my stuff to the new room...another time stored it in my rental car and went to the parks via bus, another time left it with bellman.

It really isn't all that difficult. Sometimes I wait until the last minute...depends on how tired I am and what I am planning to do. At VWL, I have always had to wait for a room...not a lot of rooms, at SSR, have not had to wait, at BCV had to wait....hope this helps.

It does help, thank you. So I have a concensus from all of you that getting up early that morning to check in makes a difference. One more question, say you have opened milk or orange juice that you want to save, is that a pain to store with bell services if you have to wait for that room or do you just put it back in the bag and ask them to be extra careful with it.

I don't think I would store that unless you put it in a cooler - you can get one of those styrofoam ones....when my kids were young, I took one of those coolers that had wheels that you pull like a wagon as checked luggage and used it for milk etc. You could be in for a real mess, and/or sour milk til you get your room,

It does help, thank you. So I have a concensus from all of you that getting up early that morning to check in makes a difference. One more question, say you have opened milk or orange juice that you want to save, is that a pain to store with bell services if you have to wait for that room or do you just put it back in the bag and ask them to be extra careful with it.

You might want to pack a small roll of tape and tape the containers shut. Tell bell services that the bag contains oppened containers and needs to be refrigerated and you should be okay. They have refrigerators to keep the cold stuff cold. I bought one of those insulated grocery bags for $1.99 that I intend to pack for our Sept trip as we are changing from SSR to OKW and will probably have the same situation. That way it will be easy to spot the bag also when they look for it.

We've done it a number of times but always leave the first room by check out or earlier. We've always had a car and cooler so just pack it all up and then to the new room when the time comes. I generally do go "check in" for the new room fairly to very early. This is an area where Marriott tends to do better as they will let you stay in one unit until the other is ready, even if it's a different resort within the same system.

We move from a studio to a one bedroom every Oct during our visit. It probably depends on the time of year and BWV is very busy at this time due to the F&W. Out of about 6 times, we have only been able to move to our one bedroom early and it was a std room with a view (which I think may have changed since then after they opened up Saratoga Springs) overlooking a dumpster. I always go down first thing in the morning still hoping for good things, but I have had to wait until 3 or 4pm for all of the other moves.

ok thanks, and thank you for bumping up my thread from last week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter