Your preference if you couldn't get Bonnet Creek?

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Having trouble getting what we need in Bonnet Creek for November. What would your recommendations be (need at least one 3 or 4 BR) that is close to the parks? Convenience and ease of driving to from park is top priority after making sure they have 3 or 4 BR available.

Silver Lake Resort - it is closer to AK than WBC - a little bit further away from the other theme parks.

And there are many good eating places , on Hwy 192 West going towards Hwy27 , All within 10 to 15 min drive .

Look at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. I see it all the time, but never stayed.

Meets your requirements on size and location .... have only read positive reports on here.

Close is relative. In a couple days, I can tell you about Reunion Resort. I have stayed at OLR, WBC. The need for a 3 or 4BR may not be necessary either. I know people that have saved by getting 2 2BR units. Depending on the ages and maturity of the kids, there is an adult one and a kids one. No, you would not have 8 6 year olds in a 2BR by themselves, but if you have older teenagers and the rooms next to each other, it works well.

There are SO many good places along Rt. 192, both on the east and west side. I haven't stayed at Bonnet Creek, but have looked at it based on all the hype here. I don't think, from what I've seen of it, that it's any better than any of dozens of places within 10 minutes of WDW. Check AirBnB or VRBO.

Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas are timeshare resort with tons of three bedrooms right near the entrance of Disney Springs. We've stayed here many times and really like it. Are you going for a whole week? I often get good deals here on Redweek.com and TUG2.net classified ads section. Although, not as much of a resort feel as the timeshare resorts, Windsor Hills is a community with great rental houses and condos about 10 minutes from Disney. There are lots of links of who you can go to, to rent here and tons of VRBO listing if you want to take a look.

Having trouble getting what we need in Bonnet Creek for November. What would your recommendations be (need at least one 3 or 4 BR) that is close to the parks? Convenience and ease of driving to from park is top priority after making sure they have 3 or 4 BR available.

Before you give up hope, maybe check redweek and TUG. As someone else said, you maybe able to get 2-2bdrm units at Bonnet Creek. Not sure what time of year in November you are traveling, but it may be difficult to get WBC during Thanksgiving. But before you give up hope, try Redweek and TUG. Even SkyAuction. If traveling in November you still have time.

There are SO many good places along Rt. 192, both on the east and west side. I haven't stayed at Bonnet Creek, but have looked at it based on all the hype here. I don't think, from what I've seen of it, that it's any better than any of dozens of places within 10 minutes of WDW. Check AirBnB or VRBO.

I disagree....since WBC sits inside the Disney gates and is directly next to CBR its pretty close. As far as comparisons to 192 west, only Orange Lake Resort is a fair comparison to Bonnet Creek and maybe Westgate Town Center with all of the amenities and waterpark. I am not familiar with any resorts on the east end of 192 that is a "fair" comparison. I have stayed at WBC at least 4 times, and based on reviews, it is better than some of the other resorts in the area including Disney resorts. The Fountains, Floridays, Sheraton Vistana also come to mind if WBC isn't available. I have yet to see ANY resort on the east end of 192 that is appointed and convenient like Bonnet Creek. Also, Bonnet Creek has converted many Disney on-site diehards. Maybe put it on your Disney 'bucket list' and see what all the hype is about in person. I once rented a 2 bedroom unit for 7 days for only $600 from an owner whose points were expiring. It was during the peak-summer months and it was worth every dollar and more.

Last edited:
When we stay off site, we either stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Vacation Village at Parkway. I think the condos at both places are equally as nice and very similar in size, decor, cleanliness, and activities. Both properties are very close to the parks. We often choose VV@P over WBC because it is a much cheaper option for us (we trade our timeshare for it through RCI & VV@P takes a lot fewer points). VV@P has several pools but does not have a pirate pool or lazy river (yet - they are building one). There are no restaurants or bars at VV@P, but there are several restaurants and a Publix right across the street from the resort. We have stayed at VV@P during the summer and the weeks before and after Easter. Neither traffic nor parking has ever been a problem.

VV@P only has 2 bedroom lock off units, so you'd have to get 2 A/B units to get 4 bedrooms. You should research VV@P and price it out.

When we stay off site, we either stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Vacation Village at Parkway. I think the condos at both places are equally as nice and very similar in size, decor, cleanliness, and activities. Both properties are very close to the parks. We often choose VV@P over WBC because it is a much cheaper option for us (we trade our timeshare for it through RCI & VV@P takes a lot fewer points). VV@P has several pools but does not have a pirate pool or lazy river (yet - they are building one). There are no restaurants or bars at VV@P, but there are several restaurants and a Publix right across the street from the resort. We have stayed at VV@P during the summer and the weeks before and after Easter. Neither traffic nor parking has ever been a problem.

VV@P only has 2 bedroom lock off units, so you'd have to get 2 A/B units to get 4 bedrooms. You should research VV@P and price it out.

I also have stayed at VV@P the very first time we visited Disney and we loved it. At the time, my DS was 15 and my DD was only 1. We didn't know about the lock-off for the 2 bedroom but, boy oh boy did my son LOVE IT !!! Even though we were attached, he still had the smaller 1 bedroom all to himself and he felt so grown-up and independent. It was our first time staying in a timeshare and we just knew that we were going to be an 'off-site' family before I even had the chance to experience 'on-site". I guess when it comes to timeshares, VV@P was our first love. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!