"ZERO" Carbs. Atkin's experts' questions doing Alex's new challenge, please help!

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

I'm on my third week of Atkin's Diet and eating less than 20 carbs. per day. But I want to do zero carbs with Alex's new challenge.

I need some help with what I am eating and what you will be eating on zero carbs. this week.

These are some of the things that I will eat on this Alex Challenge using zero carbs..:

Fried bacon and fried eggs(in left over bacon fat) -Can I use salt?

Boiled eggs with mayo for egg salad (I really need salt with this, but do you on zero carb.?)

Scambled eggs and cheese and fried bacon.

Steak (Can I use salt and pepper? Can I use GrillMates Steak powder seasoning? What can I use as a sauce? I really like Whorstershire Steak liquid sauce, but it has 2-grams od carbs. per teaspoon. This was probably my downfall besides salt.)

Crumbled-up hamburger and onions with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I can't eat this without onions and salt. Do I do without?

I need to snack on more pork rinds to try and eat something at least every six hours while awake.

Things that I will do without on zero carbs.:

Beef sticks, beef jerkies(1-carb.)
cheese (< 1-carb.)
vegetables(has carbs.)
onions(has carbs.)
pre-made Hormel pot roast(has carbs.)
all marinades with chicken and steak.(has carbs.)
Aspartine(may slow weight loss in me)
Caffiene(may make me hungry, definitely makes me grumpy)

Things that will be very hard to do without:
SALT
Some kind of steak sauce like whorstershure(sp) sauce.
Onions with my hamburger

After almost a week of no coffee and diet coke, I do drink a lot more water.

O.K.....What are your daily "ZERO" carb. meals and snacks like?

Do you use salt and pepper on eggs, steak, and hamburger?

What do you use to season your steaks and chicken breasts?

I really want to do zero carbs. this week.

Can you, PLEASE....PLEASE....PLEASE HELP ME?

I'M BEGGING!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

Alex's original zero carb challenge wasn't really zero carbs --- just as close to zero as possible. Even eggs have carbs.

We stuck to meat, eggs, bacon, cheese, some cream, sugar free jello on occasion,etc --- keeping it as close to basics as possible.

Alex then said it would be okay to have one small salad per day. Real zero carb dressing, ofcourse.

zero carb seasons are okay also Ray.

No fancy foods such as nuts, bars, shakes, sf candy, cream cheese, etc. -- Just the basics.

Good Luck Ray!
:D

Ray I am at work, but there is a site that has lots of sauces with 0 carbs. I got the cocktail sacuse and the terryaki and they are awesome. I .like the cocktail sauce better than the normal one, and can't tell the difference with the other. I will put the link up when I get home later.

I do alot of eggs.
Deviled eggs
scrambled with cheese
scrambled with sausages
hardboiled
egg salad

I do hamburgers with mayo
hot wings with blue cheese
fired chicken dipped in parm cheese instead of breading
steaks on the grill
dry rub ribs (yum)
pork chops in the terryaki sauce
shrimp scampi
shrimp cocktail
pepperoni slices with chees melted in the oven
bacon

I will occassionally sneak in a few cucumber slices
but I stay to the above...I guess I am not to picky...ok so I am boring...lol

FYI - eggs have 1/2 carb apiece. Cream, depending on what kind you buy, can have up to 1 carb per 2 tablespoons. Some cream has zero carbs. Just watch the labels.

Here is a bbq sauce recipe that gets rave reviews on the lowcarbfriends message boards -

Recipe By :Bruce
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
16 ounces Contadina tomato sauce -- 22 carbs
3 packets splenda
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup -- 1 carb
1/4 cup onion -- minced

Bring ingredients to a slow simmer in a small sauce pan and reduce by about a third if you want to use it as a brush-on sauce. 24 carbs total.

Posters on that board also recommend Walden Farms dressings and sauces. Maybe you can find one in your area that you will like.
:D

Ray,

After re-reading the Atkins book...he says not to eat more than 3 - 4oz of cheese a day.

I think the gest of what Alex was trying to get at was to just eat strickly, meats, eggs, cheese...and a few other (low carb) things.

You really shouldn't be eating Onions...they are HIGH in Carbs. I know its tough...but you need to try and "trick" your body into not wanting the carbs.

You may want to try a few tablespoons of Sour Cream..just to make the ground beef more tasty...some shreeded cheese on top.

My advice while doing the zero carb induction....stay away from the sauces...all of them...and the only dressing that I will eat...is oil and vinagar..and blue cheese.

Hope this helps....Good luck

Tracy

Ray- do you have a crock pot? Thta pre made pot roast you're talking baout gving up doesn't have to be if you hvae a crock pot or slow cooker! It's yummy- let me know if you're interested.

The easiest way to make a roast - and it's delicious!!!

Put the roast in the crockpot, and pour a can of Diet Coke over it. That's it. Nothing else.

Turn it on low in the morning, and by the time you get home, it's done! Trust me - you'll love it! :)

I love the McCormick Beef Stew Bag 'n Season for pot roast. It comes in a long orange envelope that has a cooking bag on one end and a seasoning packet on the other end. I don't use the cooking bag.
I put the pot roast in a slow cooker and add the seasoning and a couple of cups of water only. I cook it on warm until the meat falls apart.
The whole packet of seasoning has only 8 carbs. You could skip the gravy and just eat the roast, leaving most of the carbs in the pot. It's really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter