Ziplock Bags

Ok, Im not sure I get this... Why would you put the remote in a ziploc?

ICK-ophobia. Some folks are afraid to touch anything in a hotel room that other Guests have touched, like the remote. By putting it in a ziploc, they don't have to ever touch it, and reduce the possibility of exposure to disease organisms that might have been left behind by previous Guests.

Personally, I don't bother.

ICK-ophobia. Some folks are afraid to touch anything in a hotel room that other Guests have touched, like the remote. By putting it in a ziploc, they don't have to ever touch it, and reduce the possibility of exposure to disease organisms that might have been left behind by previous Guests.

What do those people who are afraid to touch a remote control do about using public washrooms, eating food prepared by other people, shaking hands with people, etc

Ok so they'll ride rides that thousands of people have been riding all day use bathrooms that who knows when they were last cleaned, but theyre afraid to use the same remote controll??? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

What do those people who are afraid to touch a remote control do about using public washrooms, eating food prepared by other people, shaking hands with people, etc

Ok so they'll ride rides that thousands of people have been riding all day use bathrooms that who knows when they were last cleaned, but theyre afraid to use the same remote controll??? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

I never said it made sense. No offense folks, but wrapping a hotel TV remote in a Ziploc seems a bit extreme to me.

Germophobes are the folks you see using hand sanitizer constantly, wiping down tables and chairs in restaurants and eateries, using those paper toilet seat covers every time they go to the bathroom. I don't know how they put up with eating food prepared by others.

We keep sunblock in one so we don't have to worry about any of it leaking. Any medicine we bring stays in one. Snacks. Change of clothes for the little ones (or soiled clothes as the case may be). Diapers. Ziploc bags keep everything accessible and easy to find.
i switched to stick sunblock. we slather down in the room with spf 60 head to toe, and just use the stick sunblock on the high points when needed. of course, we're not waterpark people.......

did i just kill this thread???? omgosh!!! sorry.............want to hear more, ziploc freak!

i switched to stick sunblock. we slather down in the room with spf 60 head to toe, and just use the stick sunblock on the high points when needed. of course, we're not waterpark people.......

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember that

I also keep a small ziplock bag with crayons in it in my diaper bag. You never know when the kids will need a distraction. My oldest DD gave me one of her Super Girl notepads that I keep in there, too. If I'm in a pinch, I can pull it out and they will quietly draw/color for a little bit and I don't get crayon marks on the inside of my bag or worry about the box falling apart.

- I use regular gallon-sized ziplocs to separate DD's clothing types in the suitcase and label each one with masking tape and a sharpie. ie: short-sleeved t-shirts in 1 bag, shorts in another, long pants in another, etc.

- Some people use them to pack each outfit in.

This makes it very easy to find the clothing type or specific outfit you want to use.

I think this might be people who have had more than one disney trip ruined by sickness. I am not normally a germaphobe but after 3 trips with 3 out of 4 of us always getting sick there I have been a bit more diligent with sanitizers etc!!! Costs too much to waste time laying in bed or hugging the porcelain god!!:lmao:

I bought some XL ziplock bags from our big lots, and my whole purse will fit in it during the rain, and on water rides. I was so stoked!! :banana:

I don't know if this was mentioned but on my last trip
I brought some extra quart sized ziplocs for putting ice in---
I put one ziploc with Ice on my neck and the other on my forehead,
this helped me out when I had forgotten to take my motion sickness
meds and went ahead and rode Everest-the heat in Sept. didn't help
out alot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter