Zoom Airlines

ddawg

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard of Go Travel Direct. They fly out of Ottawa, Hamilton and Halifax. They have their own airline company called Zoom. I think they only have one airplane. Would you fly on an airline that just started in May 2002 and only has one airplane? My dh wants to try them, because they are direct non-stop to Orlando. They are the only airline that does that. If we don't go with them we will have to go Air Canada with a change of planes in Toronto. What would you do?

How did you hear of them?

You could always get info on the type of plane, age etc. It would depend on the price if I would fly them or not. but then again I've flown in really small planes within Ontario (OTTAWA-Oshawa), T.O. - Sudbury without concern.
Have you check for "direct" flights from across the border ( I'm not sure which city your in- Ottawa,Hamiton, Halifax?)
But sorry I didn't answer your questions- No, I've never heard of them.

Hi ddawg:wave: Here's Go Travel's web link:

http://www.gotraveldirect.com/index.cfm

The business is a registered travel business and yes I've heard of them as they fly out of Mount Hope airport near where I live.

Here's the Zoom website:

http://www.gotraveldirect.com/index.cfm

Maybe PoohBVW will be able to help you out with a little more information as I believe she's a travel agent herself, but I have actually heard good things about Zoom although I didn't realize they only had one plane.:)

Wish they flew to MCO out of Hamilton!:(

I have not booked anyone on this airline, but I also have not heard anything bad about them. They have limited flights. Judging by their website, they fly only to Veradero and Puerto Plata from Hamilton. Where did you get info on Orlando with them. We primarily use Spirit out of Detroit for Florida destinations as we are in southwestern Ontario. For flights within Canada we tend towards West Jet. We try to avoid Air Canada for North America as they are usually very expensive.

Hi ddawg,

We live in Ottawa and used Go Travel Direct to fly to Orlando in March 2002. At that point, they chartered aircraft from First Air for their weekly flight, and let me tell you, the service and food quality far outstripped anything I've ever experienced on Air Canada!

Go Travel Direct was a very customer-service oriented agency to deal with, and we were completely satisfied with our experience from start to finish.

If our experience was any indication, I'm sure that Zoom will be similar in terms of quality. I wouldn't hesitate to go this route again, and the fact that we could fly direct from Ottawa was a huge bonus.

If so, what was your experience with them? Please tell me all about it. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter