~ºoº November 27, 2010- Western Magic! ºoº~

DH just pulled out some different carry on bags, trying to figure out how to pack everythingand have an empty suitcase available for the stop at ABC Liquors before we get to port!

Huh? I googled ABC Liquors - I hadn't heard about that. Are you going to the one at 6020 North Atlantic Avenue? I'd figured we would have to go to a grocery store, but I guess not? I need to get that plan in place. My mom got me a cheap canvas bag that holds 6 wine bottles that I feel obliged to fill. :cool1:

I don't know that I have 'way cooler' job, Darcy. I think working at DAK (or anywhere in the World) would me way cooler imho! :goodvibes
That's my 'golden parachute' plan once we retire and head south. Though now, these well thought out plans entails leaving my grands.....hmmm...got more than a few years before I have to decide that...can't retire before age 62...

It's Tuesday, next time we say that we will be in Grand Cayman!!! And I will STILL be asleep at this time next Tuesday! :banana::banana:

I don't know that I have 'way cooler' job, Darcy. I think working at DAK (or anywhere in the World) would me way cooler imho! :goodvibes
That's my 'golden parachute' plan once we retire and head south. Though now, these well thought out plans entails leaving my grands.....hmmm...got more than a few years before I have to decide that...can't retire before age 62...

It's Tuesday, next time we say that we will be in Grand Cayman!!! And I will STILL be asleep at this time next Tuesday! :banana::banana:

And here I thought I would post before you for once! Can't sleep, stressing about work and packing...so logged in to work (and here of course!) to try to get a jump on the day. But since I'm not used to being up at O Dark 30 like Steph, I will probably be snoozing at my desk around 2:00. :rotfl:

Okay, I agree that DAK or anywhere at WDW is way cooler than my job, but still, your real job is definitely cooler than mine. I work for a company that creates mail (both print and electronic). So....most of your bills and statements that you get in your mailbox or inbox, or pay online, are probably created/supported by my company. I work in Sales Support which means my team does all the work for the sales guys to make the sale and collect the commission. :rotfl2:

So...trying to think of what I still need to do:
make copies of passports
put tip $ in envelopes
finish packing :scared1:

Lisa - as for ABC Liquors, I couldn't tell you where it is, but the car service driver said he recommends that place and is where he typically stops on the way to port for everyone. I think our list is beer (mostly for DH) a bottle or 2 of wine for dinner, pint (?) of cranberry vodka (great with sprite) and maybe a pint of mandarin vodka (read on the boards to combine with cranberry juice which sounds yummy). I think I will pack a small cooler bag to take with us onto CC for some adult beverages ono the beach.

Okay, time to get back to work and try to get something accomplished there so I don't have to work late. This is my last full day (and last one in the office). Wed & Fri are from home :cheer2: and then we fly out to MCO!

Stephanie B - you must have a blast working at DAK, and congrats to DH on his 10 year anniversary there! Everest is one of our favorite rides...DD, DS and I rode 5 times in a row last year as there was NO LINE! :woohoo:

Well, I got a few things done for work this morning and got to watch the finale of Top Chef: Just Desserts. :goodvibes

Weighed myself and am down 6 lbs from when I started about 3 - 4 weeks ago, so not too bad (especially since I have been stress eating lately). Not the 10 that I wanted before we sailed, but I'll take it!

Off to get the kids ready for the bus and then into the office for more stress...at least it's bagel day today. :thumbsup2 One of the women in another department has a team meeting every Tuesday and makes sure that I get a yummy Parmesan Cheese Bagel....I cannot wait!!! It's the little things in life. sigh..:banana:

Good Morning All:

I'm looking at my list of things to do this morning.

Pack
Charge all things that need to be charged
Clean out the fridge
Make copies of everything (CC, passports, insurance cards, etc) and give to my mom.
Call the credit card company and tell them i'm going to be traveling.
If I can make one more pass at cleaning the house, I will try to do that too.
Make Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving dinner (I'll do this Thursday morning)
Walk / Run a 5k (in 20 degree weather, WTH!!!)

I think I can do it. Its a short list. I just worry I will get to the airport without my phone or something.

We had storms last night but luckily we missed the tornadoes. The sirens went off as I was leaving work last night. I turned around and went in until we were given the all clear. We live in tornado alley so the sirens really doesn't raise the hair on my neck any more.

I better get to work this morning. The boss is gone for a bit but I still have things to do.

Have a great Tuesday and 2 more days and a wake up for me. :banana:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Saturday will be here before I know it. Got to buckle down and finish this packing. (yikes!) Can't focus at all at work today. I got Magic on the brain ;)

Everyone must be packing and not posting! :lmao:

I made it through the entire day at work today, but got really punchy late in the afternoon. I think I was very funny, but others may have not. Oh well...:rotfl2:

No more days in the office, but 1/2 day at home on Wed and Friday and then I am DON EDONE DONE until December 7....

I am heading to bed pretty soon, I can't do the hours that Steph does. :surfweb:

Everyone must be packing and not posting! :lmao:

I made it through the entire day at work today, but got really punchy late in the afternoon. I think I was very funny, but others may have not. Oh well...:rotfl2:

No more days in the office, but 1/2 day at home on Wed and Friday and then I am DON EDONE DONE until December 7....

I am heading to bed pretty soon, I can't do the hours that Steph does. :surfweb:

Steph will be in bed in about 2 hours:lmao:....got my books put together, all my stuff in one place....yeah, I'm way behind the power curve here...hoping they let us out early tomorrow...but usually what happens is we get an email about 2 PM saying we can leave at three if we have nothing operational going on...and I leave at 2:30, so...by the time I get ready and put everything away, it's 2:30 anyway...:confused3

I feel like it's midnight and not just 7....

Got to get some cranberry salad made and in the fridge to set up good, tomorrow is pie baking.....

Have a good evening everyone! It's almost here! I have one and a half days of work...at work....(unless they let us out early tomorrow) then I am DONE DONE DONE until the 13th!!!! :goodvibes

Pack, pack, ugh.... only the FE gifts are in the suitcases, so I guess that's all I need, right? Have to get started....work all day tomorrow though as I will miss the next full week!

:eek: So much to do! Hope everyone is well. I am sure I overpacked clothes - so stessed - can't wait to be relaxng on board soon!

Home from work and officially on vacation! :beach: Now gotta get the kids in gear after school tomorrow and get everything packed up AND weighing less than 50 lbs per suitcase. :eek:
Confidence level about a 3 right now.

OMG...packing....I only have stacks of socks, fe gifts, some undergarments and um...that's about it....pack...does that mean I need more...I actually have to decide WHAT I want to take...and I actually have to PLACE them in something?
Nope...not done here....SOOOOOO not done here......:scared1:

Tonight is pie night, have to get the prep for tomorrow done...but first I have to go to work...and ALLLLL I want to do at this moment is crawl back into bed....but HEY!!!! IT"S ALLLLMMMOOOSSSTTT TIME!!!! party::dancer::jumping1::rockband::dancer:

Jeff - thanks for the reminder on the 50 lb limit....:scared1:

I am logged back in to work, and trying to get my list prepared for what my team has to cover while I'm out and then it's time to finish packing. Well, first I have to do :laundy: so I have enough of the undgergarments for everyone. It's always something!

Have a great Thanksgiving Eve everyone....I cannot wait to head to the airport and head to the land of the sun!

Home from work and officially on vacation! :beach: Now gotta get the kids in gear after school tomorrow and get everything packed up AND weighing less than 50 lbs per suitcase. :eek:
Confidence level about a 3 right now.

A three, huh? I'm trending toward a five.

I looked at luggage last night...and panic set in! :scared1: Thankfully I calmed down almost immediately, and now things that should be in suitcases already are there. Just have some last minute things to put together, and will pack up the garment bag tomorrow night (that is always the last thing to put together).

Check-in for WL for the night we return has been taken care of as of this morning.

I just know I will forget something...but if I'm on the ship all will be good!

3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bliss.gif

I am done with work for the day! :cool1:

I do have to log in on Friday morning, but no one else will really be around, so I can clean up a few more things and set my out of office and be ON VACATION!!!

Just printed the "masked" FE list to hang on my door. If there are any last minute port upgrades or anything, I will have a list on my door with the changes noted. It only lists the room # and your DISboard name.

Off to put in the :laundy: and laminate/magnetize my Mexican Mickey heada for the door and then on to the rest of my list (whatever I can get done before I pick up the kids at 1:15).

Hang in there everyone...we will be sailing soon.

I think my confidence level is about a 5 right now as well...as long as I pack the sunblock, $ and my contact case/glasses, I am good to go. :yay:

Just printed the "masked" FE list to hang on my door. If there are any last minute port upgrades or anything, I will have a list on my door with the changes noted. It only lists the room # and your DISboard name.

:yay:

THanks for doing this Darcy. I am hoping to surprise the family with an upgrade if we get to the port early enough to purchase it. We have done it twice - (moved to a 1BR suite) and it was great. Hope we get lucky again.

THanks for doing this Darcy. I am hoping to surprise the family with an upgrade if we get to the port early enough to purchase it. We have done it twice - (moved to a 1BR suite) and it was great. Hope we get lucky again.

Just let me know at the 3:00 meeting in the Promenade Lounge...and then we will be over for cocktails in the suite. :laughing:

Good luck!!! I'm jealous! Well, not really as I'm actually afraid to cruise in a suite...I may never want to go back! I already can't see me cruising without my verandah to sit and listen to the waves....:goodvibes

I got to come home early! Woot! I left work a whole two hours early! I have to put in 1/2 a day on Friday, but that still gets me out of there by 10 AM!!!

Good luck!!! I'm jealous! Well, not really as I'm actually afraid to cruise in a suite...I may never want to go back! I already can't see me cruising without my verandah to sit and listen to the waves....:goodvibes

I got to come home early! Woot! I left work a whole two hours early! I have to put in 1/2 a day on Friday, but that still gets me out of there by 10 AM!!!

We are just to much alike, it's kind of scary, Steph! We got a verandah for our 3 night last year, and I don't know if I can cruise without one! So, veranda-land it is for us as well....

Last time I was always out there at night after everyone went to bed and up before everyone else in the morning, watching the sunrise...ah...just a few more days and I can be doing that for REAL!

Got a few more things done...now just have to pack the carry on. Turned in our bucket of change ($125) not too shabby...DS is at a friends and DD is downstairs with a friend playing Just Dance...so, hopefully I can get the last packing done and RELAX!

Only 1/2 day for me on Friday as well...I will be logged off by 11 (if not earlier!).

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter